Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Issues

Default Re: Bugs & Issues

Every battle I have attempted to fight in this mod lags big time. Even if I select small quantities of armies. The loading time is no problem. Navigating through different menus isn't a problem either. The loading times and navigating is no different from Vanilla or other mods. The lag is so bad that I could pick a total of four units and and another four units for the other party and the lag is terrible with such small quantities. I already edit the unit size in preference to 40.

The only other mod I have had an issue with lagging is the SPQR mod. It's only an issue when the total armies of all parties surpass 1,800. Even that lag is not that bad. It becomes a serious slow down when the total armies surpass 2000+.

My computer specs are
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile Processor T2060 1.60GHz
    1gb ram

I don't have the best computer suited for gaming, but I really don't have an issue with RTW or its mods. Is this mod just too much for my computer to handle?

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

it could be a problem if you have vegetation and grass switched on on high details. This can really slow down even stronger pc lik mine, because these elements are done with more details consuming memory by CB team.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius_D View Post
    it could be a problem if you have vegetation and grass switched on on high details. This can really slow down even stronger pc lik mine, because these elements are done with more details consuming memory by CB team.
    How do I edit this and what option would you recommend, low?

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1981 View Post
    How do I edit this and what option would you recommend, low?
    Look among the advanced alternatives in the video options of the RTW menu. There are several different settings there. The low settings always strain your computer the least. Experiment with which settings you can have on high without straining your computer too much.

By the way, have you enabled triple buffering in the 3D settings of your graphics card? If not, try that first (in combination with a program called RivaTuner). You may not need to turn the video settings in RTW down then.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

I'm sad to say that have now encountered a really hard CTD with CB. It happens when playing Gens Valeria in the provincial campaign and the time is winter in 83 AC. I'm besieging the Seleucian city of Edessa when I press next turn and the Seleucians go on a counterattack to try and break the siege, but I defeat them. Then my Scythian allies seem to contact me with a diplomat at the city of Amida (which I have taken from the Seleucian several years ago) - there goes the CTD, every time I press that button! I don't seem to be able to get passed this one. I have no assassins near to kill that diplomat off or something before I press onwards, and there's no message about the type of error that occurs. Any advice?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

reload your savegame.....do u have the show err activated?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this one. Reloading a saved game gives the same result. On closer look, however, it seems that what is happening is that the computer manages to flash-pass the Scythian faction and reach the Rebels, which is the last faction symbol I get a glimpse of, before the CTD. It may even try to start the Gens Valeria turn again. I enabled the " -show_err" command after the first CTDs and got nothing from it. Maybe I can get a better picture of what's happening if I enter the hot seat mode (like in M2TW). But I don't know if one can do it in RTW or how one does it. Can you help me with this?
    However, while putting this campaign on hold I've started a campaign as the Carthaginians. When quitting RTW after the first session of that campaign, the following message appeared:
    "Script Error in data/export_decsr_buildings.txt at line 4329, column 5
    Building DB error - faction romans_julii has gap in building prior to caserma_leg_imperiale".

Speaking of caserma, I've noticed that the Gens Valeria cannot build a Caserma della legione in Thermon like in all other home settlements. In my campaign, Thermon is their biggest settlement in 83 AC and has reached the end of all building lines. How come they can't recruit Coorte della legione originaria and Fanteria Ausiliaria here (there was no difference in recruiting options compared to other home settlements before 107 AC)?

[quote=Demokritos;2610830]Thanks for taking the time to answer this one. Reloading a saved game gives the same result. On closer look, however, it seems that what is happening is that the computer manages to flash-pass the Scythian faction and reach the Rebels, which is the last faction symbol I get a glimpse of, before the CTD. It may even try to start the Gens Valeria turn again. I enabled the " -show_err" command after the first CTDs and got nothing from it. Maybe I can get a better picture of what's happening if I enter the hot seat mode (like in M2TW). But I don't know if one can do it in RTW or how one does it. Can you help me with this?
    i only know how to take screenshot pushing stamp button or usin fraps... for the CTD, try this: reload the savegame, do not activate the scripts and then skip turn.....i have resolved some CTD with spain rebels in this way

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    However, while putting this campaign on hold I've started a campaign as the Carthaginians. When quitting RTW after the first session of that campaign, the following message appeared:
    "Script Error in data/export_decsr_buildings.txt at line 4329, column 5
    Building DB error - faction romans_julii has gap in building prior to caserma_leg_imperiale".
    this is a known CB bug problem that we are tryin to repair

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Speaking of caserma, I've noticed that the Gens Valeria cannot build a Caserma della legione in Thermon like in all other home settlements. In my campaign, Thermon is their biggest settlement in 83 AC and has reached the end of all building lines. How come they can't recruit Coorte della legione originaria and Fanteria Ausiliaria here (there was no difference in recruiting options compared to other home settlements before 107 AC)?
    gens valeria cannot recruit everything everywhere.. maybe sextus, can answer u better than me in this field

OK, thanks for the response. I've had no luck with the CTD problem, though, with or without scripts. I may turn to the technical forum in TWC for this one.

New issue: public order seems too difficult to maintain in large settlements with foreign culture situated far away from the capital. For the Carthaginians, for instance, a good governor, a full stack garrison and a complete set of happiness-producing buildings are not enough to control Gades, if the population is approaching 20,000. Disorder is then so great that the settlement goes into a destructive riot long before the next settlement size level and new happiness-producing buildings becoming available. One thing is for sure - it's impossible to conquer the whole map in the beta version of CB. Africa alone appears over the head for the Carthaginians. They cannot build as many happiness-producing buildings as the Romans and their governors seldom reach the highest administration or influence skills like their Roman counterparts. It should take a good governor to control a region at the fringe of a large empire, but not a genius.
    I suggest you guys tune the parameters for disorder down a bit or teach me how to do so. I'd like to reduce both the foreign culture penalty and the distance from the capital penalty, and perhaps the population growth or squalor rate, too, for the population in a newly conquered settlement, even one where most of the population had been exterminated in the takeover, grows into a problem quicker than it's possible to build happiness-producing buildings etc to counter rising disorder. I'd appreciate some help in this matter.
    Last edited by Demokritos; January 29, 2008 at 09:41 AM.

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    missing skins? i have tested all the units in custom battle.. never found anything wrong in maximum details. what vga do u have? some italian guys had problems with their old vga, who doesnt read well huge detailed skins
    this was hastati or triarii unit from rebel brigande in Italy. In roman skins they are visible without problem. I had such issue also with one numidian (or african rebel) infantry unit and perhaps hispanic just can't remember names.

are u sure, isnt it a problem caused by your vga or ram? btw tomorrow i check roman rebels in game

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

I doubt it was video card, I have GF 6600 256 RAM, and 2GB RAM.

i checked. i saw no problems with roman rebels... u should say me, the exact unit, where u saw mistakes or graphical errors

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

I can't make screenshot again because this was long time ago.
    I think it was trarii units. they were not visible from close distance, just their shadow.
    OK, I check my settings because I put everything in high / very high setting despite auto detect was suggesting lower settings.
    Perhaps this is that vga problem you talk about.

I am in the Year 106 Bc and the Marian reforms still has'nt occured, what should I do?

wait till 100 BC..

Greetings! I´d like to make a question. in RCB 1.6.1, when i try to load the "Guai ai vinti" campaign, the game takes me again to the "select campaign " screen. Why this do happen? It is possible to fix it in any way? Thanks a lot.

I get the same problem? Please let us know what to look for!

When I siege a town, east of rome (on the greek island) I cant play the battle myself because it throws an error:
    Failed to find texture:
    'data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_PERGAMON_PIKE_PHALANX.tga'

What should I dd?
    Last edited by Iulianus Apostata; February 10, 2012 at 02:41 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast