Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Issues

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: Bugs & Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Juba1 View Post
    ist that normal that since i have installed the patch i cant use anymore the passage in the Alps (North/East) ?

see
    some passages has been put to avoid the julii expansion directly in germania at the beginnin of the mod. they must pass first into the gallic lands than go into germany ones

Hello guys,

This is a great, great mod; i really like the scenario of the campaign map.

Unfortunately i have one big problem. I receive lots of CTDs when the battle map is loading, both in custom battles and on the campaign map, especially when playing as a barbarian.

Confusing: when a CTD occurs in custom battles and i am repeating the same battle ( same factions, same units, same weather, same map, same time, etc...) it works! It´s the same on the campaign map: starting new and reloading autosave makes the game go on, but this is very annoying.

I´ve followed all instructions in the Read Me, playing Provincial Campaign, using the "show_err" and i have the newest video driver. BTW i am using the german version of RTW (italian is no problem for me).

Hope someone can help. (Sorry for the bad English)

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus View Post
    Hello guys,

Unfortunately i have one big problem. I receive lots of CTDs when the battle map is loading, both in custom battles and on the campaign map, especially when playing as a barbarian.

Confusing: when a CTD occurs in custom battles and i am repeating the same battle ( same factions, same units, same weather, same map, same time, etc...) it works! It´s the same on the campaign map: starting new and reloading autosave makes the game go on, but this is very annoying.

I´ve followed all instructions in the Read Me, playing Provincial Campaign, using the "show_err" and i have the newest video driver. BTW i am using the german version of RTW (italian is no problem for me).

Same as me, I keep playing though, but still, is very anoying. And I've even reinstalled it, but the problem remains.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Hello guys,

did u have installed the patch?

after the patch installation try to eliminate the file: map.rwm from the imperial and from the casus belli campaign folders and try again with your saved game. remember always to reactivate scripts when u load a game

Very important: if u are usin a non roman family, u have to activate the scripts at the beginnin of the campaign or after loaded a saved game.. even if they (non romans) dont have own scripts.... Scripts must be activated in the same way for all the factions, non romans included
    Last edited by DAVIDE; September 15, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

I`ve noticed that the high model file is smaller(23,7 kb) in size then the med one(24,0 kb) for the greek_heavy_cavalry. Is it possible that the med is actually the high and they were named wrong?
    I`m referring to these two:
    UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_HIGH.cas UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_MED.cas

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    did u have installed the patch?

after the patch installation try to eliminate the file: map.rwm from the imperial and from the casus belli campaign folders and try again with your saved game. remember always to reactivate scripts when u load a game

Very important: if u are usin a non roman family, u have to activate the scripts at the beginnin of the campaign or after loaded a saved game.. even if they (non romans) dont have own scripts.... Scripts must be activated in the same way for all the factions, non romans included
    i´ve done all this before, but the problem is still there

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    I`ve noticed that the high model file is smaller(23,7 kb) in size then the med one(24,0 kb) for the greek_heavy_cavalry. Is it possible that the med is actually the high and they were named wrong?
    UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_HIGH.cas UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_MED.cas
    there are some skins that are not used by casus belli units

i´ve done all this before, but the problem is still there
    ok when u have ctd, what faction are u using, what is the enemy faction? is it a siege? tell me more information

ok when u have ctd, what faction are u using, what is the enemy faction? is it a siege? tell me more information

i never had a ctd with the battle map if i use a roman faction

problem occurs very often playing as barbarian (dacia, gauls, germans, thracians, sarmatans, skyths)

only noticed once while playing as a greek faction (ptolemy)

it appears at a siege and on field; it´s no difference

enemy faction is miscellaneous

To be more detailed about my problem:
    i start a new game, choose a faction, activate the sript, play a few rounds, build an army and attack an enemy. The battle map is loading and then the game crashes. I start casus belli again, load the Autosave, activate the script, attack the same enemy with my same army and the battle map is now loading correctly. All is well. A few turns later another battle crashes i reload again and so on...

In Custom battles i choose a battle (f.e. me as gauls against romans) the map starts loading and then CTD. i start casus belli again and play the same custom battle with exactly the same parameters and now the map is loading to the end and i am able to play this battle.

in one sentence: first battle crashes, second attempt works.

i have deleted the map.rwms, i am playing provincial campaign, using the patch, activating the script, using 1.5 engine, video driver has been updated and i am sure installation is correct.

I know you are very busy at the moment. If i am the only one around here who has this problem, then don´t waste too much time on me. As said above the romans are ok and they make real fun to play

i never had a ctd with the battle map if i use a roman faction

problem occurs very often playing as barbarian (dacia, gauls, germans, thracians, sarmatans, skyths)

only noticed once while playing as a greek faction (ptolemy)

it appears at a siege and on field; it´s no difference

enemy faction is miscellaneous

To be more detailed about my problem:
    i start a new game, choose a faction, activate the sript, play a few rounds, build an army and attack an enemy. The battle map is loading and then the game crashes. I start casus belli again, load the Autosave, activate the script, attack the same enemy with my same army and the battle map is now loading correctly. All is well. A few turns later another battle crashes i reload again and so on...

In Custom battles i choose a battle (f.e. me as gauls against romans) the map starts loading and then CTD. i start casus belli again and play the same custom battle with exactly the same parameters and now the map is loading to the end and i am able to play this battle.

in one sentence: first battle crashes, second attempt works.

i have deleted the map.rwms, i am playing provincial campaign, using the patch, activating the script, using 1.5 engine, video driver has been updated and i am sure installation is correct.

I know you are very busy at the moment. If i am the only one around here who has this problem, then don´t waste too much time on me. As said above the romans are ok and they make real fun to play
    i dunno why u have this problem. i made 2 provincial campaigns with non romans and at 23 BC i have no ctd.... i have your same version of the mod... maybe, did u use cheats or strings to add u money etc? anyway i will try custom battles with barbarians to see if i have ctd etc. stay tuned!

i dunno why u have this problem. i made 2 provincial campaigns with non romans and at 23 BC i have no ctd.... i have your same version of the mod... maybe, did u use cheats or strings to add u money etc? anyway i will try custom battles with barbarians to see if i have ctd etc. stay tuned!

i have made a clean installation. i am not using cheats or something else.

But i have encountered another interesting thing:
    When playing as britons in a custom battle against a roman army, after the prebattle speech very strange graphical errors appear. Playing the same battle ,but this time as the roman army, all is normal. I tried this several times and it always happened.

Maybe it is a problem with my graphic card? i am using nvidia, fx series. (but this does not explain why my other battles work after reloading):hmmm:
    Last edited by Maximinus; September 16, 2007 at 10:38 AM.

i did now, a custom battle usin britons vs romans, and i have no weird graphical errors.... for sure, it depends by your video card

there are some skins that are not used by casus belli units
    I didn`t get that. I wass talking about the models, not the textures. And I`m quoting from your DMB(the last one from the patch):
    Code:
    type				greek_heavy_cavalry	
    skeleton			fs_hc_spearman, fs_hc_swordsman								; combat spear
    indiv_range			40
    texture			egypt, data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_RCB_PTOLEMAIC_CAVALRY_HEAVY_TOPUS.tga
    texture			macedon, data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_RCB_MACEDON_HEAVY_CAVALRY_TOPUS.tga
    texture			seleucid, data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_RCB_SELEUCID_AGEMA_CAVALRY_TOPUS.tga
    texture			greek_cities, data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_RCB_GREEK_HEAVY_CAVALRY_TOPUS.tga
    texture			slave, data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_RCB_GREEK_HEAVY_CAVALRY_TOPUS.tga
    texture			merc, data/RCB/models_unit/textures/UNIT_RCB_GREEK_HEAVY_CAVALRY_TOPUS.tga
    model_flexi			data/RCB/models_unit/UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_HIGH.cas, 15
    model_flexi			data/RCB/models_unit/UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_MED.cas, 30
    model_flexi			data/RCB/models_unit/UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_LOW.cas, 40
    model_flexi			data/RCB/models_unit/UNIT_RCB_CAVALRY_HEAVY_GREEK_TOPUS_LOWEST.cas, max
    model_sprite			60.0, data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_heavy_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite			egypt, 60.0, data/sprites/egyptian_cleruch_sprite.spr
    model_sprite			seleucid, 60.0, data/sprites/seleucid_greek_heavy_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite			macedon, 60.0, data/sprites/macedon_greek_heavy_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    And the entry is in use by the units:
    egyptian cleruch
    egyptian general's bodyguard
    egyptian general's bodyguard early
    greek heavy cavalry
    greek general's guard cavalry
    (in EDU)

And, again, comparing those two model, .cas files, the high is 23,7 kb and the med one is 24,0 kb. The question was: shouldn`t the med one be smaller, instead of bigger then the high one?
    Maybe I`m missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Dude, why don't you just test it yourself. I mean, you obviously know about cas. files and texture files, just rename the high cas. to med, and the med cas. to high, and test it yourself. That way you could get an immediate answer, and then announce your findings in the forum if there is indeed an issue. A very easy test. LOL

@davide.cool

ok. i´ve found the problem.

after reading the Multiplayer thread it is clear. i deleted not all map.rwms

i have made a new installation, deleted all four files and started a new provincial campaign. Playing as thracians now for a few decades and it works fine now. No CTDs on the battle map anymore.

so it was my fault. shame on me

battles with britons still make problems, but this is surely caused by my graphic card as you mentioned earlier.

Anyway,
    thanks for the fast replies and keep up the good work. this mod is really great. a deep to the whole team

Juba1's Avatar Tiro

i always get a CTD when playing macedonian, i siege Sardica, during the loading screen, if i let the IA attack the city no CTD, but if i attack by myself Sardica i always get CTD.

I did install the pacth, deleted all map.rwm, try with shadders on/off...

@Juba 1

Quote Originally Posted by misfitsfiend138 View Post
    hey i got the same thing as juba and baron.
    i think whenever a greek army seiges a city with a ram it crashes, other factiosn are ok

i think misfitsfiend138 is right.greek=macedons, greeks, seleucids, ptolemy and thracians

i made the same experience.

@Juba 1

i think misfitsfiend138 is right.greek=macedons, greeks, seleucids, ptolemy and thracians

i made the same experience.
    yea its only greek armies, the other factions work fine

i don't no hw to delete my post, lol
    Last edited by twcenteraccount; September 24, 2007 at 06:55 PM.

i have the same problem.I´m playing with greeks,and game crashed when i siege a macedon city

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast