Thread: Custum cities.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Custum cities.

I know someone must have made this question before, but are there any plans to build custum cities? like a minor version of minas tirith, helms deep, osgiliath, etc?

i know it must involve a lot of work and pacience, so i'm just asking for pure curiosity (altho i would LOVE to see something done).

Has any atempt been made? is it so difficult? can you explain why? will you ever try to do something?

Regards, Numenor.
    [IMG]

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Default Re: Custum cities.

I know its possible to create enitre new building skins (check of ChivTW) but I believe it is impossible to rearrange the layout of a city, such as adding the numerous walls of minas tirith and whatnot.
    Blut und Boden

I think you can change the city and even add extra walls but there is no way to get the AI to co operate not to mention the pathing would probably be bad even without multiple walls.

Exactly. Apart from the difficulties in making such a model, the AI would royally suck trying to find its way in there. I'm not sure that multiple walls are possible (unless disguising some buildings as walls) but anyway, even if they did, the AI just can't handle that stuff.

If all else fail, I think Minas Tirith should have been labeled as a 'wonder' and not a city as it appears on the campaign and battle maps.

It made me feel a bit disappointed when I saw how Minas Tirith appeared on the battle map in the FATW-TNS game.

I think a reasonable solution would be to label that game city as something like "This is the New City of Minas Tirith. The old city is now uninhabited because the place is now dangerous to live due to a previous earthquake..." - or something more reasonable than this...?

This way, the disappointing appearance of the 'Minas Tirith' city of the game battle map can be justified because this story goes that a new city has been built near the old one. (Think of Tunis near Carthage, or ancient and modern Sparta, in this case)

It can also be renamed as 'New Minas Tirith' ...or something more elvish to hear.

I am under the impression that the majority of the players would be more disappointed to see that we have completely trashed the lore by having an earthquake destroying Minas Tirth and a new city having been created next to it, rather than seeing what they see now and bearing in mind that the engine doesn't allow us to do all that we want...

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    I am under the impression that the majority of the players would be more disappointed to see that we have completely trashed the lore by having an earthquake destroying Minas Tirth and a new city having been created next to it, rather than seeing what they see now and bearing in mind that the engine doesn't allow us to do all that we want...
    Aye.

And dont copy and paste posts yuki. That was from the ideas thread...
    Blut und Boden