Thread: More than one Family?

Default More than one Family?

First I would like to say sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum.
    Ok I would like to know if it is possible to make there be more than one family per faction. (Maybe have there be two families or more.) This would require another person on the top of the family tree but a bit off to the side. Anyway I just thought I would ask knowing my luck it'll be impossible because of the engine or something.

Default Re: More than one Family?

I don't think it is possible

not possible but you can do a work around...

the faction leader will be at top with sons to the amount of families you want and each son bearing the surname of the new family.
    kill the faction leader through a script at the beginning of the campaign and you will have separate families.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

You can have an extended family tree, to say fit in the Faction Leader's brothers and father.

But you can't have two separate trees for separate unrelated families

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    You can have an extended family tree, to say fit in the Faction Leader's brothers and father.

But you can't have two separate trees for separate unrelated families
    So.. You can fit in the faction leaders Brothers? Then you could simply change there surnames and forget they are related or will they have a line showing there relation?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_loy View Post
    So.. You can fit in the faction leaders Brothers? Then you could simply change there surnames and forget they are related or will they have a line showing there relation?
    The only problem with that is the way inheritance works in this game. The game may decide that the guy you have as in a "separate" family should be the heir over someone in the family you want to be the ruling one.

yes from the begining the origianl faction leader will be at the top of the tree and there will be lines to each of the 'sons' but this will be the only way to fit the additional families on the faction tree browser.
    and the fact that a heir cannot be chosen also is another downfall to this.

in RTW you could have multiple family trees in the descr_strat for one faction but only the first family will be in the browser, the others will be invisible.
    E.g. when I merged all three roman factions into one I simply copied the additional two family trees over and the game loaded ok with all characters on the map (though with show_err I was shown errors on exit of RTW). The same may work in M2TW as the engines are similar in many ways.

You can give the original faction leader daughters and have them married to a different general with a new name