Thread: Repeated Crash to desktop

Default Repeated Crash to desktop

Hello. Install of RTW (no previous installs on this pc). Patched to 1.5. Installed BI. Patched to 1.6. EOT hotfix installed, map.rwm's deleted.
    RTR 1.9 Plat. Mod switch ver. installed. Music pack added.
    Problem: I start as Rome, med med, no advice. Go into building browser, right click triarii. It comes up, sometimes a pic, sometimes nothing. I go to hippodrome, right click Italian cavarly Auxilia (something like that), and the game CTD. Ive searched the forums, but havent seen this bug of a fix. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Thank You,
    -RC

Edit: After futher searching, it seems this is a known and unfixed problem. Oh well!
    Last edited by Rice Cakes; August 15, 2007 at 01:39 AM.

Default Re: Repeated Crash to desktop

That is not a repeated crash. Well, it is repeated only if you repeatedly click the units in the building panel. Try to view their info in the recruitment panel. Right clicking them in the building panel will cause a crash. We don`t know why.

I have identical problem but since the game crashed for the first time it won's launch at all... It looks like I have to reinstall, or maybe someone's got other solution?

It crashed when you clicked the units in the building panel and it won`t start again after? Sorry to repeat, but I wanted to be sure I got it right. What do you mean it won`t start? It crashes, it freezes(if so when) or it simple didn`t start when you launch the game? Do you get any message?

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    It crashed when you clicked the units in the building panel and it won`t start again after? Sorry to repeat, but I wanted to be sure I got it right. What do you mean it won`t start? It crashes, it freezes(if so when) or it simple didn`t start when you launch the game? Do you get any message?
    I right clicked an unit in building panel - game crashed to desktop. Subsequent attempts to launch the game were unsucessfull. It loads until the first screen with Creative Assembly and Published by Activision texts and then crashes back to desktop with no message.