Thread: The Beast Pits

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default The Beast Pits

There will only be a handful of cities able to build these so make sure you keep an eye out for them.

Beast Pit

Out in the wild untamed lands roam creatures borne beyond the hand of God, creatures who walked the earth before the dawn of man, before the birth of the Lycan, even before the demonic rise of the Vampyre. These creatures are for the most part simple killing machines and will bring great strife to any faction who's lands they occupy. However a wise leader will invest well in his nations infrastructure making it possible to capture and house these creatures for their own purposes.

Based on the Orc pit idea from FATW.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 16, 2007 at 06:59 AM.

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Beast Pits

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    There will only be a handful of cities able to build these so make sure you keep an eye out for them.

Beast Pit
    Out in the wild untamed lands roam creatures borne beyond the hand of God, *creatures who walked the earth for a millennia before the dawn of man,* before the birth of the Lycan, even before the demonic rise of the Vampyre. These creatures are for the most part simple killing machines and will bring great strife to any faction who's lands they occupy. However a wise leader will invest well in his nations infrastructure making it possible to capture and house these creatures for their own purposes.
    [/fieldset]

Based on the Orc pit idea from FATW.
    That's neat!!! It's good not to have every city having the cpability of becoming a Huge Super City with the further capability of being able to build every building available. An ancient Spawning Pit of Hell itself!!!

Also, maybe say *creatures who walked the earth for millennia before the dawn of man,* rather than *... a millenia ...*, as a millenia is only 1,000 years and that is a drop in the bucket in any evolutionary and/or geologic time scale/span. Therefore, using the plural *millenia* rather than a *millenia* might give the description more mystery and a greater ancient flavor. Moldy and oldy, where only some boldly go.

Chris

PS: Speaking of Hell, have you thought of using our earthly and mortal term 'Hells' bells!!' for some Ancillary or Trait or even a Building construction completion or Event?? You could have some evil and sinister bells ringing as a sound. Dong, donngggg, donngg, etc. Could for a top of the line Satanic Temple construction completion, or the spawning of very evil and powerful demons and beasts maybe.
    Last edited by christof139; August 14, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, you got me confused...It does say 'millennia' not 'millenia'...

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Well, you got me confused...It does say 'millennia' not 'millenia'...
    I don't know why because I simply left out one 'n' in millennia, and 'millennia' can in colloquial use mean both plural and singular in reference to 1,000 years, so when you say 'a millennia' you are only referring to only 1,000 years, whereas if you say just 'millennia' you are referring to more than one millennium of 1,000 years. Actually to be singular 'a millennium' should be used instead of 'a millennia'. So, perhaps grammatically 'a millennia' is not correct, and just 'millennia' alone is correct as is 'a millenium'. See what I mean??

If one wishes to mean or imply more than 1,000 years then 'millennia' is the way to go, and if desiring to mean or imply only 1,000 years then 'a millenium' is the way to go, and 'a millennia' is not the way to go.

Makes one mill about I think. 'Ages' may also be a better word to use as it entails no set length of time as far as years are concerned, not even in Geology.

Chris

Blog Entries

Ahh, I see, one of them Tha'r optical illusions, I wasn't registering 'a'..not to worry found the simple fix...

Yeah, colloquially many people transpose the singular 'a millennium' and the plural 'millennia' and do the same with many words, especially with Latin and Greek root words or words. I do it a lot on a regular bases since it doesn't matter too much in every day conversation, but for the written and official world we have to be correct. Normallly, I make a lot of typos on the inet because it doesn't matter and is not important, although frequently I go back and edit some of my posts where I made a lot of typos.

Since 'a millennia' was in your write-up I thought I would be nice and point it out, since sooner or later someone will.

I just lost/misplaced my old and well used about 30-some-year old paperback dictionary, its buried somewhere within 15-feet of me methinks, but I can't find it, so time to get a new one. The old one is small and a strain on the eyeballs.

Chris
    Last edited by christof139; August 17, 2007 at 09:49 PM.