Thread: In-Game alternative music

Default In-Game alternative music

I'm sure some people will scream blasphemy, but i tire after a while of the music in RTW. Granted, it was brilliant in the begining, and added to the whole experience. However, now that i have been playing for quite some time, i normally turn the music off, and listen to something other. I was wondering if anyone else does this, and what kind of music he/she/it listens to? I have a personal preference for what i would call "epic classic", for example Carmina Burana O Fortuna, from Carl Orff, or the O.S.T. for Requiem for a dream, by Clint Mansell.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Re: In-Game alternatif music

Whenever I play, I always turn the music off. But if I'm making a FRAPS video replay, then I'll turn the music back on (for entertainment value).
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

The music does get old after a while, but I would find it weird to do a battle without RTW music. You should try downloading other music and use it instead of the regular music by modding.

Moved to Sounds subforum.

I find soundtracks to movies are always a good place to start when looking for ambient music. Gladiator has great music for this sort of thing, for instance. Just realize that you can only ever use copyrighted music for personal use.
    Last edited by Publius; August 12, 2007 at 12:47 PM.

It may be campy but I listen to the Soundtracks from Gladiator, Troy, the Dead can Dance and Lisa Gerrard (formerly of the Dead can Dance) and some Loreena McKennitt (depending on the faction I'm playing).