Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patch 4.5.0

Default Patch 4.5.0

Patch 4.5.0 is ready.

NOTE - THANKS TO NERO666 A FULL 4.5 VERSION IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON THE ROP SERVER. THIS VERSION USES A MOD FOLDER AND CAN BE USED ALONG SIDE OTHER MODS. THE LINK IS BELOW:

You still need BI patched to 1.6 for the installer to work and vista users must run the installer as administrator. It contains both troy 4.0 and the 4.5 patch, it is the only download you need. IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OLD TROY INSTALLATIONS.

http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/TTW_450_mf.exe

It is a mixture between Nicodemus, bobby77 and my own work.

The TTW current version is 4.5.0

Bugs Fixed & additions

- Diplomats can now talk to generals and settlements.
    - Added new unit textures for selected elite units when conquered by other nations.
    - Added traits and ancillaries to main starting characters
    - Unit health reduced slightly
    - Cost of general units reduced slightly
    - Merc costs changed
    - Argos javelin unit can board ships now
    - Faction descriptions updated/corrected
    - Corrected mis-matched descriptions
    - Corrected minor spelling mistakes
    - Fixed berserker myrmidon problem
    - New spartan elite unit added with culture/faction specific textures

The patch should* be savegame compatible, but when you start a new game your generals will have the new traits and ancillaries.

To install just drop and drag the Rome - Total War folder in the download over the top of the Rome - Total War folder on your hard drive and allow it to replace the existing files.

Enjoy.

Download Link Here

Filefront Download

*please confirm by testing your different saved games.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; August 25, 2008 at 07:29 AM.

lfcjohnny's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Patch 4.5.0

I just downloaded the patch, and i am glad to tell you my save file still works after the installation. The patch is great is i was always realy anoyed as i couldnt use my diplomats on other nations cities. All the other new additions sound great, now i cant wait to see what you will add next patch. Thanks great patch!

Can somebody sent me this 4.5.0 Patch on korvinflame@mail.ru ?

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Awesome, gonna definitely try it out.

I'm glad there is still such interest in the mod. My time spent making (my part of) the patch wasn't wasted as I feared .

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Downloading thanks guys!

can't download from the server without paying for membership.. can some get the patch up on a free sever like filefront?

Quote Originally Posted by sounds like killing View Post
    can't download from the server without paying for membership.. can some get the patch up on a free sever like filefront?
    I managed to get the file for free on that server. For me it gave me an option membership or free download. I surgest you look again.

Also can you please go over the addition of the new unit textures for elite units after they have been conquered, as i dont realy understand what you mean by that. Is it that when you conquer a nation you get to be able to recruit their elite unit or just that your elite unit gets an quality of theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by lfcjohnny View Post
    I managed to get the file for free on that server. For me it gave me an option membership or free download. I surgest you look again.
    thanks for the suggestion but im no noob i know there is a 'free' choice but if you try the 'free' choice a second time you are sent a error message "Your IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has just downloaded 174288489 bytes. Please wait 329 minutes, then try your download again."

so because i downloaded the 4.0 from the site they won't let me start another without becoming a member...

@Zhuge_Liang
    please upload to filefront, it is free and easier/quicker to use!

Juba1's Avatar Tiro

well, it already happened to me, and u just have to wait a few hours and u will be able to download another file from this site. just wait

Ok, what I mean by the hero textures is the following:-

For a select number of the hero units (such as the apollonian guard) when you conquer the capital of their nation you will be able to recruit them as before, however now their armour and look may change if the nation who conquers them is a rival of troy or more developed.

I think the units which this happens to are the elite units from, Troy, Lydia, Sparta, Athens, and Ithaca.

The myrmidons never change for obvious reasons. The same goes for the other hero units which are either highly repected or too weak compared to the major elite units for people to care about. So the greeks who hate the trojans equip their apollonian guard with dirty bronze armour in red tunics whereas the lydians equip them with the tyipical polished bronze/gold armour with the lydian shield (as seen in the screenshot above).

With some nations, such as greeks conquering geeks, there is no change.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; August 11, 2007 at 08:38 AM.

Beatiful work guys!

I've been playing it a little. It seems the lycians have a better chance to expand now. Also the argives and amazons seem to be able to hold their own for much longer.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Congratulations on the release.

I installed over a clean RTW BI 1.6.

I can play custom battles but after I select a faction to play in the Trojan War and press the begin arrow it just takes me back to the Custom Battles/Trojan War menu screen.

Any suggestions?

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

It doesn't sound like you installed over a clean 1.6.

You should try again with totally clean RTW, BI, 1.6 patch, TTW 4.0, TTW 4.5.0 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    It doesn't sound like you installed over a clean 1.6.

You should try again with totally clean RTW, BI, 1.6 patch, TTW 4.0, TTW 4.5.0 patch.
    I know it is a clean 1.6, but I shall do the process again to be sure.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

it may just be a matter of deleteing the map.rwm file in "data/world/maps/campaign/(barbarian_invasion or imperial campaign)\"

The installer has a script which should do this automatically, although it is possible that your computer could block it.

Quote Originally Posted by sounds like killing View Post
    it may just be a matter of deleteing the map.rwm file in "data/world/maps/campaign/(barbarian_invasion or imperial campaign)\"
    Yep that was it! Cheers thanks!

+rep.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast