Thread: [RTR AAR] Numidia vs Parthia yet another multiplayer AAR

Default [RTR AAR] Numidia vs Parthia yet another multiplayer AAR

Well I won't lie and say this battle went well, infact I played recklessly. The moment I saw I was playing parthia I knew I was in for a tough fight, lack of decent spearmen and heavy cavalry in numidia's rooster made my counters to the cataphracts difficult

Numidia's army;

6 Numidian Legionaries (includes general)
    7 archers
    3 numdiain cavalry
    4 long sheild cavalry

and here it is

Parthia's army;

7 eastern infantry (includes general)
    6 archers
    2 onagars
    1 arab cavalry
    1 eastern armoured general bodygaurd
    1 cataphracts
    2 cataphract camals

I sent my numdian cavalry forward to deal with the onagars idiotily thinking the pink pyjamaed men were eastern infantry, how wrong i was but i did rout a onagar team.

I did a few more hit and runs to try and get rid of the onagars but ended with the numdians fleeing the feild leaving my legion to be hit by boulders still. The longsheilds went to try and deal with this routing the onagar team but it rallied leaving me with little cav left.

So and advance was in order, the cataphracts surged forward under some pila fire whilst some got around my flanks and messed with my archers. The eastern infantry charged in with the cataphracts to kill my legionaries soon having them surrounded, but rome eat your heart out even numdia has something to rival you.

Parthian units routed and came back yet the numidians held firmed and soon the parthian general routed just after the numidian's one did also but theirs ended up dead.

The Survivors after that huge melée

A few last ditch attempts to send my men running.

Leaving me with a hard fought close victory

Unit(s) of the match: the numidian legionarries they held firm for the whole game
    Litte fun fact: All the numdian legionarries had were 2 chevrons, supriseing what those two did, and being relatively cheap at 500 they are a force to be reckoned with.
    MCDEAM could of pulled victory from me at any moment but he didn't have enough heavy cav to take my infantry out and the eastern infantry arn't known for their discipline. But I should of not been so reckless and the victory may of not been this close.

Well the next one maybe a BI one using saxons, should be intresting, I haven't played BI in over a year. But it will only be if I can discover something about BI 1.5, anyone care to explain? Otherwise it will be a normal RTW one.
    Last edited by guyyug; August 10, 2007 at 07:10 PM.
    Si vis pacem, parem bellum
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
    -Publius Renatus

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Numidia vs Parthia yet another multiplayer AAR

Great battle, but I still cannot believe he used Eastern Infantry on multiplayer. I always use persian Cavalry and Catphracts to beat down my opponent. Hurry and make another battle. Plus reputation.

Cordially, Lord Romanus III

I find eastern infantry okay, but I never expect them to make up a bulk of my forces, more for holding enemey cavalry up really.

I was suprised by the lack of cavalry archers, the reason I tokk some long sheild cavalry was becasue i expected it.
    -Publius Renatus

Keep em coming. Remember, Physics and weather/terrain also play a role in battles. I'll explain later why you easily beat Eastern infantry.

Going to take a stab in the dark here, it was raining dureing the game so they may of affected them?

As spearmen they were not as effective against the heavy infantry.

Can't think of anything thought I don't see to many negative things playing on grassy flatland
    -Publius Renatus

I think Parthia may have a slight disadvantage but other than that, rain couldn't really do anything. The Map could've supported Persian Tactics.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Good pictures, man. I'm surprised he didn't bring that a horse archer force as well. But good job taking him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Clone View Post
    I'll explain later why you easily beat Eastern infantry.
    It's a pretty simple explanation. Eastern Infantry has poor stats (not to mention poor morale).
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Exactly why you don't hear anyone say they're a Parthia Fan

[except for Lord Romanus]

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Clone View Post
    Exactly why you don't hear anyone say they're a Parthia Fan

[except for Lord Romanus]
    They're an excellent online faction, but Parthian players shouldn't even bother with infantry.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

yep agreed with the parthains not bothering with infantry lol nice game, i like these multyplayer aars +rep

I commend you for beating Parthia as Numidia. Arguably one of the stronger multiplayer factions with one of the weakest. I also commend him for not taking the easy way out and just going all cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I commend you for beating Parthia as Numidia. Arguably one of the stronger multiplayer factions with one of the weakest. I also commend him for not taking the easy way out and just going all cavalry.
    I thank you for commending me in that, and I agree with you, I would of gone all cav if i was parthia. He may of just not realized what units numidia has, it is one of the least used factions in multiplayer wit gual, spain and thrace.
    -Publius Renatus