Hail to all of the past & future tourney participents!
I don't want this to be a source of friction between the players, but I am curious as to what kind of tourney you guys want next. I made a fun poll for anyone (who's able to vote) to fill out, but I'm mostly concerned with the people who actually participate in the tourneys (or are seriously contemplating joining one). So, the poll is more of a fun thing.
So what kind of tournament do you guys want next?
I'll open up with some ideas given by other players, but feel free to add your own ideas so that we can talk about them. And if you see a good idea, then try to flesh that idea out more. Here are some ideas:
1) a 2 vs 2 tourney (I'm sure we could get a clan to participate if we needed more players)
2) a tourney where each player could only use a faction once before using another one. That would involve an honor system (as well as my ability to keep track of the factions used by each player)
3) a tourney with a different denarii value
4) a themed tourney such as one based on the Diadochi Wars (wars fought between Alexander the Great's Successors)
5) a tourney with a funky map (i.e. something like the British Grasslands, Illyrian Valley, etc)
6) a Free-For-All type tourney with a scored resolution
7) a Barbarian Invasion tourney
8) a tourney where certain factions are banned (i.e. Egypt, Rome, etc)
9) a pre-Marian units tourney
Those are just a few ideas. Everyone discuss other possible ideas or build upon a pre-existing idea.