Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lands to Conquer Balancing, Battle and Campaign AI Files

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Lands to Conquer Balancing, Battle and Campaign AI Files

Oh really? That's great news. So, if I put descr_mount, descr_projectile, and EDU, into my data folder, and run the GC with them, I'll basically be running the GC with the Kingdoms balancing?
    Yup.

Can these changes be used in an existing campaign?
    Yes.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

God, you have no idea how much that relieves me (sad, I know)! Thanks!

BTW, what does the mount file do?

The mount file controls mount mass(the key thing when talking about that file and unit balancing), and various other settings related to them.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Ooops...I've been mis-testing your balance changes all along! :lol

Thanks Lusted for your quick replies. I'm very pleased.

Heh, if you've been testing them with the vanilla 1.2 mount file, you will have had weaker cavalry than in LTC as the mount mass is increased in LTC.
    Creator of:

Thanks Lusted.

May I have your permission to make a m2tw_balance_fix mod that includes nothing but your three files?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed in your original post in this thread that these files were released to be used in other mods. Thanks Lusted!
    Last edited by Candelarius; August 26, 2007 at 09:32 AM.

Had a look through some of these files. Nice to see you decided to mod the skirmishing factors! Will changes like these make it into Kingdoms?

I know we once tried to tinker the AI's use of cav by trying to create a variable to make it flank spears. Alas the variable didn't work. In Kingdoms, will the AI finally be able to use its cav effectively? The changes you made to cav are all fine and well, but if the AI will just charge its cav frontally into my infantry, whether spear or sword, and usually long before their own infantry have engaged, then it kind of defeats the purpose to make cav flanking only units...

Edited to add additional text.
    Last edited by DrJambo; August 27, 2007 at 05:17 AM.

Can somone please explain in simple step by step terms how I can use the campaign AI in SS 4.1?

Bit of a noob here on modding so any help would be great

hi, i tried putting export_descr_unit.txt, descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt, descr_mounts.txt, and descr_projectiles.txt into my data folder, but everything still looks the same as vanilla m2tw, with no rebalancing ... am i doing something wrong?

Yes, you need to set up M2TW for modding, just putting the files into the default data folder will not work.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Attatched are the unit stats, battle ai and campaign ai files used in LTC 3.1 for those who want to use them with other mods. Simply place them in the data folder of the mod you want to put them in.

With the Battle ai and balancing files use only these files if you just want the ai files: battle_config.xml, config_ai_battle.xml, descr_formations.txt, descr_formations_ai.txt.

If you just want the balancing use the following files: export_descr_unit.txt, descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt, descr_mounts.txt, descr_projectiles.txt

With the campaign ai though you will need to edit the ai_lables in the descr_strat.txt file(s) for the mod you are using so factions use 1 of the following profiles: catholic, default, papal_faction, mongol, slave_faction.

Enjoy!

This is a probably a dumb question but why is there no muslim or orthodox profiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Attatched are the unit stats, battle ai and campaign ai files used in LTC 3.1 for those who want to use them with other mods. Simply place them in the data folder of the mod you want to put them in.

If you just want the balancing use the following files: export_descr_unit.txt, descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt, descr_mounts.txt, descr_projectiles.txt

Enjoy!
    FYI: the balancing files won't work with The Long Road mod. I get an automatic CTD at startup. I tested the battle ai and it worked, however I don't think peasant archers can kill knights(bodyguards) with their knives. that doesn't seem natural not even from behind. yeah the darn peasants of the ai did a sneak attack from behind because I was trying to get behind them but had to deal with there bodyguard cavalry.

EDIT: I just figured it out that the export_descr_unit.txt file isn't working with my TLR mod but the other files that go with balancing are. When I replace my original I get a CTD, but when I put it back I can play.
    Last edited by lpremus; November 05, 2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: new info

where are the download links??

Would be nice if someone could re-up this. Attachments on post #1 are gone.

On a related note, what's going on with the forums? Half the posts in existence have lost stuff. Not bad external links, but internal ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12