Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer 3.1 Bugs and Solutions

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 3.1 Bugs and Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Poqzt View Post
    Hey, I really enjoy the hotseat in this mod, but I do miss being able to do battles myself, auto resolve become pretty boring in the long run. I can't even control battles when I'm attacking. Sorry if this has been asked many times, but I can't find any post regarding this problem.

Here's at quote from this
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112955) thread regarding the hotseat:
    The issue I have is that I am playing LTC Hotseat and would like to play both offensive and defense encounters. I know how to disable autoresolve (found in the landstoconquerhotseat.cfg file find [hotseat] and set autoresolve_battles to 0)

Unfortunately, this does not allow you to play the defensive battles. Please help! Thanks

The autoresolve_battles to 0 setting was already implied in my settings, but I still can't control my attacks.

Another quote from the same thread:
    You CAN command battles where you defend, you just need to make sure the "hotseat scroll" is turned off.

Well, I've checked, and my hotseat_scroll setting is set to "false" (meaning "off" right? ^^), so I don't have a clue how to fix being able to control defending either.

Hope you can help, thanks.
    I have disabled both autoresolve in offensive and defensive battles: This is what my landstoconquerhotseat.cfg is coded as:

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0

Make sure you delete the hotseat entry in your medieval2.preference.cfg if you have one as this will cause conflicts in the game.

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

I always go for trade buildings first, but it doesn't work. To get a market you have to pay 4000 gold, but in return you get something like 8 more gold per turn in the early game. So the more trade buildings I construct, the more of a sinkhole I put myself in because the rewards don't come fast enough. Eventually I know the investment should pay off but by that time I'm well into the red. Note also that I have 5 cities and only two castles at this point, and my public order is stable enough to max out the taxes in every city.

So I try to only maintain an army for defense as I can't afford to blitz. But even then I'm only making about 300 gold per turn, and that's on the rare turn that one of my cities is not under siege by the AI. Basically every building I make is a huge financial setback so I'm stuck with peasants and militia defending against countless AI sieges without making any progress whatsoever. Not fun. Or I could switch to the hard level and sweep the map by the year 1300 (yawn). I guess I'll just bump the King's Purse, but I'm very interested as to how people overcome this.

Mines. Most factions have at least one city that has a good mine in it. Vienna, toledo, hamburg (I think) etc.
    Get that as fast as possible. Vienna, costs 3000 florins takes 5 turns, and you get 900 some per turn.

Then merchants. Use your starting merchant to go to timbuktu and start trading gold, you can get a steady income off that.

Farms first, especially the first tier of farms. Farms give 1% pop growth, so you get more taxes and more trade eventually as well, besides the harvest income.

Trim the fat, get rid of excess troops. Use as few men as possible to do as much damage to your foes til you get "over the hump" so to speak.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I have noticed in my Denmark campaign that upgrading Arhus to "market" shows no increases in income or growth, and has not for many turns now. I have instead been investing in land improvement, but I wonder if my population growth is going to start outstripping my economic growth at some point?

Error from log file: 01:48:50.062 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Wher occurred: City south south-west of Milan only city in Italian States campaign during a siege battle with the HRE. I owned the city and was defending. I was panning there battle line after the siege started and the game went black.

Need, more info, please ask.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

hello geat mod by the way just a problem with the hotseat .
    I just tryed it 4 the 1st time i choose england then the game started fine then once i clicked on end turn it went to milan but me or my freind didnt choose any faction apart from england and then i once again clicked on end turn and it just stalled on the papal states and didnt move then ,i did leave for a min or so then i just pressed esc and quit so i know the game didnt ctd .
    could some answer them 2 questions about how u choose a 2nd faction and any idea why it just stopped on the 1st end of turn with milan?thx for any reply

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You choose a 2nd faction on the campaign faction selection screen, just click multiple faction symbols at the top and all the ones you click should become highlighted.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

cheers lusted i know i ask noobish questions but we all gotta start somewhere. nice 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Q. Game randomly crashes sometimes in campaign.

Cause:
    I think this is caused by errors in the Character Names Project mod that is included in Lands to Conquer.
    Solution:
    I'm working on one.
    Hi Lusted. Any more news on this one? Is it only a problem with Vista 32bit systems (which I happen to have)? Does it generate the blue screen of death or just occasionally generate an "internal error" message (which is what happens to me)? By the way, thanks for this great mod. I put it up with the very best I've ever played in any game.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtski22 View Post
    I have disabled both autoresolve in offensive and defensive battles: This is what my landstoconquerhotseat.cfg is coded as:

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0

Make sure you delete the hotseat entry in your medieval2.preference.cfg if you have one as this will cause conflicts in the game.
    do u delete the whole of this in the med2.pref.cfg? and in my ltc hotseat cfg file it doesnt have turns = 0 or scroll=0 will this affect it in any way?thx for any reply
    [hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 1
    disable_console = 1
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 0
    validate_diplomacy = 1

Hey Lusted,

Another great mod! Playing as Hungry, I have recently captured Constatinople(sp?). It is showing 10 Halbred militia units available for training. All the other units available are normal.

I don't know if its specific to that city yet cause I have yet to build the Barracks needed in other cities yet.

Its minor, but i thought I'd mention it. Ignore if mentioned already.

Quote Originally Posted by opp View Post
    do u delete the whole of this in the med2.pref.cfg? and in my ltc hotseat cfg file it doesnt have turns = 0 or scroll=0 will this affect it in any way?thx for any reply
    [hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 1
    disable_console = 1
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 0
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    Delete the whole of the hotseat entry in your med2.pref.cfg.

The adding of the turns and scroll is what enables you to play the defensive battles. Just add them to the end of your hotseat entry in your landstoconquerhotseat.cfg

hhawks12's Avatar Foederatus

Excellent mod Lusted, have been enjoying it for quite sometime.

I have also posted this in tech support, but I cannot reproduce the error in custom battles or any other campaign battle so I am now thinking it might be an LTC problem.

As the Spanish I am being beseiged at Antioch by the Timurids for the third or fourth time. I have fought all previous battles myself on the battle map with no problems. This particular battle, always, always crashes my system. They blast the walls with rockets, and once they start running towards the breach, my game crashes once they get in range of my wall archers. All previous battles at Antioch have been fine except this is the first time they have brought rockets to the fight. If it matters the year is 1363.

Greetings fellow conquerers -

I'm a big fan of the LTC mod but have been avoiding it lately due to the CTD problems. With the release of 3.1 I played the 100 years war campaign and won, playing Italian City States and having crash problems again.

I've read through the thread and see a few others have experienced crashes while fighting defensive siege battles. I can't find any posted solutions however.

I'm playing as Hungary, I hold Venice and I am being sieged by Holy Roman Empire. I've sallied forth twice to destroy their siege equipment while I bring up reinforcements to help, but they getting wise and are now storming the city.

I can deploy the troops OK, but when I start the battle and stat panning the camera around the game CTD.

Any suggestions?

ashbery76's Avatar Biarchus

Strange bug in the last game when playing Sicily.My whole family tree disappeared and was replaced by a dead king William the conquerer and a queen.

I am playing a hotseat game as the Spanish and the HRE. There are only 2 french city left but every time they attack or we attach them the game CTDs.

Here is the last few lines in the system log. Please help.
    landstoconquer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    23:04:16.890 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    23:04:16.984 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    23:04:17.015 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    23:04:17.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    23:04:17.046 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    23:04:17.093 [system.io] [warning] open: landstoconquer/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    23:06:29.718 [system.io] [warning] open: landstoconquer/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    23:06:29.718 [system.io] [warning] open: landstoconquer/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    23:06:29.765 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    23:06:29.765 [system.io] [warning] open: landstoconquer/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    23:06:30.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    23:06:30.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    23:06:31.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing

thanks

It would seem that the common trait with my CTDs is the following line:

landstoconquer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    23:04:16.890 [system.io] [warning] open:

Any ideas on how to correct?

That error does not cause a crash.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Thank you for the reply... It would seem that I can not go forward with the game currently. It is 1200AD and I am playing 2 factions (Spain and HRE). I have the game set at medium graphics.

Whenever I attempt to move forward with the game, I get the following errors:

16:06:42.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    16:06:42.718 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    16:06:42.859 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    16:06:42.921 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    16:06:42.921 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    16:06:42.984 [system.io] [warning] open: landstoconquer/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    16:06:56.078 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any ideas?

Probably related to the character names, the new character names seem to result in random crashes of campaigns, 3.2/4.0 will revert to the stable vanilla names.
    Creator of:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast