Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer 3.1 Bugs and Solutions

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 3.1 Bugs and Solutions

You mean if I put the vanilla descr_names.txt, descr_names_lookup.txt, names.txt.strings.bin and descr_strat.txt, it should work with the vanilla names in the grand campaign? (Not asking will it crash, cause of course you can't know).

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Yes it should work.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

OK I'll do just that and start up a spanish campaign. I'll let you know how it goes.

Retired moderator of TWC

Hey Lusted!

wonderful mod, I'm just one city from finishing my England campaign but I'm holding it on to fight the Aztecs in the new world and the Mongols in the middle east

Anyway I should report this glitch/bug which just started happening late in the campaign... when I recruit a priest in a city, sometimes I'm getting both a priest and a BISHOP... never seen this before :hm: is this how it is supposed to be? Cheers
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Well if you recruit a priest from a settlement with an abbey in it you should get a bishop. You shouldn't be getting both from 1 building.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Well if you recruit a priest from a settlement with an abbey in it you should get a bishop. You shouldn't be getting both from 1 building.
    Cheers! I'll check it later on but I'm sure I got both since I never recruit more than one per city... I'll let you know
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

um... if you put in the vanilla descr_strat.txt, wouldn't that really mess things up? I want to start a campaign but I really fear this random crash bug. Will it destroy my campaign if it happens?

The descr strat in LTC is almost the same as the vanilla one. The main difference is the names. It would work with the vanilla descr strat if you did the other changes I mentioned, and change the timescale of the vanilla descr strat to 1.5 as well to match LTC. It just would not have some of the LTC tweaks.

Retired moderator of TWC

can i just skip replacing descr_strat and be safe from the crash? doesn't that file only dictate the names of the characters that are there at the start of the game?

You have to do it all, because the descr strat names have to be linked to names in the descr_names files.

Retired moderator of TWC

This is off a fresh install of MTW2, patched to 1.2, LTC 3.1

The mines dont appear to give any income when completed. At least im not seeing it in my expence report the line mining income remains 0

Art

Strange, my mines work fine.

Retired moderator of TWC

Problems I have experienced:
    1. Infantry cohesion problems seem to be several times worse in this LTC. Tell infantry to attack a unit right in its face and they spread out absurdly far. Any target that is a march away, only the front rank charges. Happens way more to me than in 2.3, and makes the battles near unplayable.
    2. Archers on castle walls don't fire consistently. Again, a problem I didn't remember experiencing in 2.3.
    3. Tons of annoying and contradicting traits as stated in another thread. I don't like applying the BBB mod due to the fact it doesn't give your kings any authority. So for me it's pick your poison.
    4. It's impossible to run a functioning economy without the add money cheat due to the fact you seem to have significantly lowered the income from sacking cities. In the early game I can afford to build something maybe once every 5 turns.
    5. I can't get my family tree going. Marriage 'proposals' appear to be several times more rare. As a result, I have a 40 year old princess (so far only proposed to by 50 and 60 year olds) and three unmarried sons of William the Conqueror which were never proposed to. The problem here might be the applied BBB mod.

back to 2.3 i go...

2. Archers on castle walls don't fire consistently. Again, a problem I didn't remember experiencing in 2.3.
    Probably the archer angles, i'm tweaking those.
    3. Tons of annoying and contradicting traits as stated in another thread. I don't like applying the BBB mod due to the fact it doesn't give your kings any authority. So for me it's pick your poison.
    It's just the vanilla traits.

4. It's impossible to run a functioning economy without the add money cheat due to the fact you seem to have significantly lowered the income from sacking cities. In the early game I can afford to build something maybe once every 5 turns.
    Yes i have to try and make you focus on economic buildings instead of just blitzing in order to build up.
    Creator of:

I beg to differ as far as the economy thing. Just have a smaller army, and be smart in your building choice at first. As spain, by turn 20 my economy was growing faster than I could spend it. Now, year 1312, I have unlimited money to blow. (at this point, governors are bad, since they are all corrupt).

Retired moderator of TWC

"med 2 encountered an unspecified error and must now exit "
    i get this wen i try to start up ltc v3.1 from the shortcut same with ss1.4. u think just a clean install will solve this prob any replys thx

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, I really enjoy the hotseat in this mod, but I do miss being able to do battles myself, auto resolve become pretty boring in the long run. I can't even control battles when I'm attacking. Sorry if this has been asked many times, but I can't find any post regarding this problem.

Here's at quote from this
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112955) thread regarding the hotseat:
    The issue I have is that I am playing LTC Hotseat and would like to play both offensive and defense encounters. I know how to disable autoresolve (found in the landstoconquerhotseat.cfg file find [hotseat] and set autoresolve_battles to 0)

Unfortunately, this does not allow you to play the defensive battles. Please help! Thanks

The autoresolve_battles to 0 setting was already implied in my settings, but I still can't control my attacks.

Another quote from the same thread:
    You CAN command battles where you defend, you just need to make sure the "hotseat scroll" is turned off.

Well, I've checked, and my hotseat_scroll setting is set to "false" (meaning "off" right? ^^), so I don't have a clue how to fix being able to control defending either.

Hope you can help, thanks.

Tried to delete this message
    Last edited by sgtski22; August 15, 2007 at 07:21 PM.

I am playing LTC 3.1 after upgrading from LTC 3.0. MTW2 has been patch to 1.2. I am playing a hotseat game as with the Moors and the Turks. I was playing game for about 2 hours when as the Moors where loading I got a completely black screen. I had to cold boot of the PC. Now everytime I attempt to load the saved game I get the same black screen.

Here is the system.log.txt.

Please help me through error as I greatly enjoy this mod and I was doing quite well as the Moors
    Last edited by sgtski22; August 15, 2007 at 07:24 PM.

Tried to delete this message. no luck though
    Last edited by sgtski22; August 15, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast