Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is weird.

Default This is weird.

Please tell me I’m not the only one this has happened to.

Default Re: This is weird.

NEVER HAPPENED TO ME... WEIRD...LOL IN THE 5TH TURN!

I SUGGEST YOU START NEW CAMPAIGN AND THIS TIME m/h

LEONIDAS
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Well, I was going to start it with the campaign difficulty on very hard and the battle difficulty on normal because I herd that the computer gets an unfair advantage. Anyway, I guess I’m not that good at it.

But seriously, Has this ever happened to anyone else.
    Last edited by removeduser_4563362; August 04, 2007 at 04:13 PM.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Not normally, but it looks kind of cool. Looks like you will have a challenging game then.

Cordially, Lord Romanus III
    Last edited by Lord Romanus III; August 06, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal 505 View Post
    Well, I was going to start it with the campaign difficulty on very hard and the battle difficulty on normal because I herd that the computer gets an unfair advantage. Anyway, I guess I’m not that good at it.

But seriously, Has this ever happened to anyone else.
    lol on very hard computer gets +4morale/+4 attack/+4 defence and massive cash bonuses.... until you play game a little more I suggest m/m or eventually h/h....

Leonidas

It happened to me yesterday, during my newly started Carthage campaign. Brutii landed their whole army near Messana, which I took from Scipii. I crushed their army, but it is interesting how they help eachother (the romans). Instead of having Scipii sending armies to Messana ´Brutii does. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    Not normally, but it looks kind of cool. Looks like you will have a challenging game then.

Cordiall, Lord Romanus III
    Can’t, I already erased it and started a new campaign on n/n because I felt I wasn’t ready for vh/vh. But even now I sort of fill like I need to be on hard so, I think I’m going to try to quickly finish this new Carthaginian campaign off then move to h/h.

That would be good... first finish m/m then go on h/h....

Leonidas

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal 505 View Post
    Please tell me I’m not the only one this has happened to.
    What? Brutii attacking you? Ummm not that unusual my friend, I've pretty much encountered that every time I played as Carthage. Once one Roman faction goes to war they all do and all three will engage you if the other is beaten.

Same thing with the Gauls, Germans, and the Greeks.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

Or sometimes the AI gets confused, I've had jullii and scipii expanding through greece and brutii through north africa in one game, gual was wiped out by the expansion from britiannia and germania. Just depends on certian things that happen in game.
    Si vis pacem, parem bellum
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
    -Publius Renatus

Quote Originally Posted by guyyug View Post
    Or sometimes the AI gets confused, I've had jullii and scipii expanding through greece and brutii through north africa in one game, gual was wiped out by the expansion from britiannia and germania. Just depends on certian things that happen in game.
    Ook…, now that’s weird.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Happened to me a few months ago, on the VH/H settings. It's one of the reasons I'm taking a break from Total War.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

Custom User Title
    Citizen

You can get a similar progression when playing as a Roman faction. The senate gives missions to you that tries to make each house go in it's own direction, but if one of them doesn't the task will get passed on to a different house.
    If Scipii takes too long, or fails in it's conquest a different house will be given the mission to capture Carthage. I've had missions to capture Greek cities when playing as Julii because the Brutii were beaten back. (Though it is often a good idea to capture the richest targets for yourself without senate orders, it helps to strengthen your own economy while weakening theirs and sets you up nicely for the inevitable civil wars later...)

Archer of Sparta's Avatar Tiro
    Oh, a little east of italy in a small town called Sparta.

So is that why you get the block port missions in Greece when you play as Julii?

Damn Senate, Do they know how hard it is to kill Greeks? Don't they know how deadly their poetry is?

It happened to me, i was playing the greeks and suddenly Sparta was Attacked by the Julii, fortunately there was my ary to stop them. But the saddest thing was that they began a wave of horrible attacks and in a few turns i lost Thermon, Sparta and Apollonia, all to the Julii.

lol thats cool, i like it when weird things happen on rome

Drag529's Avatar Tiro

0.o thats a new one on me srry
    lol but you should try the battle anyways...u never know u might win
    In War Its Dosn't Mater Who's Right, But Instead Whos Left.
    Going Down In Flames

Interesting I only did the campaign map with Seleucid and Scippii, if that is what happens with Carthage then it looks like I will start a new one
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head

"U CAN NEVER PREDICT THE UNEXPECTED"

I played a MM vh/vh campaign, and the first army to attack me was the julli! They had to get through about 10 rebel provinces to get to me, and they didn't take a single one. They just went straight for me straight away. I didn't stand a chance, as I had disbanded most of my armies in the hope of nurturing my poor economy.
    Asking for rep is a sure fire way to not receive any, at least from this old cynic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast