Thread: CK expansion announced

Default Re: CK expansion announced

I hate to double post, but.. I know the EU/Paradox crowd here isn't really large but I figured at least someone would find this helpful or good news or whine that it's not an expansion for some more popular paradox game. It’s been over 6 hours and just over a dozen people have viewed this post no one has commented and I definitely haven’t received any rep in appreciation.

So in other words…. BUMP!?

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

I've seen it, it's great news.
    Time to polish the flawed gem that CK is!

Bout time! I love CK despite it flaws, the character/trait/family line system was just so much fun. I hope they finally include an easier way to find a damn wife without using a 3rd party utility.

Quote Originally Posted by danzig View Post
    Bout time! I love CK despite it flaws, the character/trait/family line system was just so much fun. I hope they finally include an easier way to find a damn wife without using a 3rd party utility.
    what 3rd party utility?!
    linky, linky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    what 3rd party utility?!
    linky, linky!!
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...oto=nextoldest

No idea if it worked with the last update of CK since I lost interest after being unable to stop my glorious empire from crumbling. It isnt a pretty program and using it is annoying but then so is pausing the game and spending an hour trying to find a damn wife for your son too

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    I've seen it, it's great news.
    Time to polish the flawed gem that CK is!
    Couldn't agree more.
    CK was a great game hiding underneath a flawed game.
    Hope they take their time this time and get it right.
    If they do then CK will easily be my favorite Paradox game.

Really? I was considering getting CK but I thought it was a rather old game?

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Really? I was considering getting CK but I thought it was a rather old game?
    I think it's around the same time as Victoria.
    It's a good game no doubt about it, it's just that it feels a bit unfinished and maybe a bit rushed.
    You can see when playing where they were going with this, unfortunately they never got to that point.
    As stated, I hope with this expansion pack they will finally get there.
    If it's only gonna be a graphical update then I'm gonna be mighty pissed off.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Damn, I was hoping they would do a CK2 with improved battles. I guess the fact we will be getting an expansion means no CK2 any time soon.

It is the battles that annoy me in both CK and EU III. They are just too simplistic. Shame we wont see an improvement on this.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

A lot of the improvements will be aesthetic. They say they’ve reworked the religious wars though. One thing I’m really interested in is the new relationship system. It not only involves relationships between leaders, but the courtiers in your court and the courts of others.

I think there are two reasons they are making this expansion and making it for CK. 1 to test new features and new ideas. 2 to test the CK fan base and test how many people are still interested in it. I think if the features are well accepted, but the game sells poorly you can expect a new paradox game in another time period including those new ideas. If the game sells really well I think that will let them know that people still play CK and that the medieval niche of the strategy genre isn’t played out.

I love the way CK lets you manage your territory, it’s liege, and his family. I just bought EUIII and I feel like I took a step backwards as far as gameplay. The graphics are pretty, but that’s not a big deal to me. It takes more than a pretty map to entertain me or else I would have just bought a pretty map.

I hear a lot of people say that their established empires fall apart and they can’t keep them together. I don’t have this problem. My vassals will declare independence, or start civil wars if my rep is bad or after a nasty succession. These wars are not hard to manage and are realistic IMO. I think this will be a lot more complex when they add the new relationship system. I don’t think it will be easier though.

Someone should write a review for CK and post it in the user reviews to generate interest. The Deus Vault expansion is not a stand alone so people will have to buy CK first. Someone should be able to write a nice review I know a lot of you do those AARs.

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Hurra for paradox games! I loved CK diplomacy systems.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    I think it's around the same time as Victoria.
    It's a good game no doubt about it, it's just that it feels a bit unfinished and maybe a bit rushed.
    You can see when playing where they were going with this, unfortunately they never got to that point.
    As stated, I hope with this expansion pack they will finally get there.
    If it's only gonna be a graphical update then I'm gonna be mighty pissed off.
    In addition to a graphical overhaul to increase player experience, the epic and intense strategy expansion Deus Vult brings:

* Various added inter-character relations, representing loyalty inside courts, relations between countries, as well as friends and rivals for all characters. No longer will realms just fall apart, a beleaguered King will always have friends who will support him. Also beware as your smoothly running realm could run into trouble when your nice loyal vassal becomes your rival.

* Introduction of new gameplay aspects like the stability affecting realms, numerous traits for characters and options for diplomacy, such as the possibility to send fosterlings to other courts. Plus an all-new system for children. No longer will a 3 year old be able to run a realm effectively. Children are all now born with 0 stats and then develop over childhood. You'll never know how good your heir will be until he matures.

* A revised interface to streamline gameplay, with several completely redesigned windows. Immediate alert icons highlight immediate problems with your realm and a full ledger with more than a dozen detailed pages.

* A variety of new events as well as a substantial amount of changes and improvements to the tools used by modders.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.ph...215&Itemid=129

sounds good to me.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I was kinda hoping to hear about improving the GAME'S stability, rather than hearing it's a feature being added to CK, but I'm probably going to get this as well. Love CK. Though this probably means the CK improvement mod I use won't work anymore

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Sounds good but why didn't they just do a CK2? I mean, it's working for CA sofar!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

OMFG CK is a great game but i has many flaws I hope this fixes it.

They are doing everything I want to see in a company.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.