Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marian/augustan reforms

Icon11 marian/augustan reforms

Hi peeps,
    Actually i dont know what the augustan reforms are but they sound interesting. I havent reached the marian reforms yet but what im wondering is, do you gte many new troop types? I know that in vanilla you have a bunch of guys that you dont get in EB, such as urban cohort and what not, id be real dissapointed if there was a limited selection of troops, also im playing a game as carthage, do the romans ever get troops who can truly stand up to elite african swordsmen..i.e defence something like 30??
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, I am not a big man.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: marian/augustan reforms

Polybian:

at least year 242, either hold 2 of these cities (Segesta, Mediolanum, Patavium, Bononia) AND 2 of these (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse) OR wait until 210BC
    You get the new units after upgrading your Mic's. In settlements you don't upgrade you keep your old camillan units, and you are still able to retrain your old veterans.
    Marian:

At least the year 172BC,
    Have more than 6 Latifundia built in Italy,
    Hold at least 45 settlements,
    Fight more than 250 battles, and
    Have a character that is:

Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Popularis
    Consul or Ex-Consul
    Has Influence > 2
    Has Command > 2

OR just conquer 90 settlements.
    Augustian:

At least year 125BC, hold 90 settlements, have at least 45 type2 settlements, fight 400 battles, and a general that is:

Intelligent/Charismatic/Vigorous
    At least Skilled Bureaucrat
    At least Arrogans
    At least Expert Recruiter
    Can't be Selfless

If these conditions are met, the general will receive a trait telling he wants to seize power. Make him the Faction Heir and as soon as he becomes the leader the reforms will happen.
    All from faq.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

If i can remember the Augustan reform are bug , they will by OK in the next version of EB.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Say it isn't so???

I am still only in 235 BC and so looking forward to getting my hands on some legions ... and I doomed to never seeing an Imperial Roma!

They should be working. I don't remember hearing anything about how they aren't working properly. Generally the problem is user error.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

There is a bug in one of the traits that is needed to get the Augustan Reforms. You can just cheat and give a guy with all of the other requirements that trait. It has been fixed for the next version.

There are plenty of units in the Marian/Augustus Eras. For one thing, you get regional auxilias in various different places around the map.

if u dont fulfill the conditions , is there a default date for the marian reforms? its 188 bc and i have not even one latifundia built...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chomskola View Post
    if u dont fulfill the conditions , is there a default date for the marian reforms? its 188 bc and i have not even one latifundia built...
    Yes. The default date is 107BC.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Is there a default on the Augustan. If I had to guess then perhaps 23BC or Later.
    ________
    Toys Couple
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 11, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

No there is no default on augustan. A change from the republic to the imperial age was really based on charismatic individuals who wanted to concentrate power in one vessel.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

i do never seem to get the augustian. i had this one game with the romans and its almost the year 110 BC and i am pushing deep into the east, my legions are rushing into medea and persia, with the germans destroyed in a daring early trust north the only adversaries left are the seleucids and the sarmatians. the seleucids captured everything in the east thus its quite boring. the deeper i trust eastwards the harder it gets to keep up with myself .

i got the marian reform and that does kick ass but WHERE IS THE AUGUSTIAN REFORM... i mean i know the requirements and the only problem is the traits a char. needs to have. so a lame family line is blocking my imperial ambitions!!!!!! and that s u c k s !!! i mean i have conquered everything (except rhodos where i forgot the greeks :hmmm and i just wished i could fight the seleucids with imperial troops... it would be really nice to get them earlier on.

same goes for the marian. i know it would make it less realistic, but i think that concerning this the fun factor should prevail and what could be more fun than to follow the great julius caesar in conquering gaul with marian troops. i hate it when the year turns 172BC (marian) and i have just conquered everything...
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

EB is designed to be played slower than vanilla. If you didn't conquer so fast then it wouldn't be a problem. I rarely have added more than 10 provinces to my starting province by 220.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Citizen

One trait required for the Augustan reform is bugged and cannot be aquired. You have to cheat in order to get the 'Skilled Recruiter' trait.

Imperator Sulla's Avatar Miles

Ok, this is kind of a n00b question but I just can't seem to get it right.

its: give_trait "[trait]" "Lucius Cornelius Sulla" right?
    I'm not accustommed to cheating, that's all
    No greater friend, no worse enemy

— Lucius Cornelius Sulla, Roman Dictator

Citizen

Well, for you example the name would be "Lvcivscornelivs Svlla" (middlename isn't capitalized and has no space).

oh lol... so i play to fast hehe... guess once you start conquering there is no stopping possible i'll try playing slower, real slower

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

This really is a noob question, what are the augustan reforms?? does this correspond to the early and late cohort in vanilla? I never heard of augustan reforms before reading these threads

Icon3 Re: marian/augustan reforms

Quote Originally Posted by chomskola View Post
    This really is a noob question, what are the augustan reforms?? does this correspond to the early and late cohort in vanilla? I never heard of augustan reforms before reading these threads
    If you own a very large empire, and you have a character with the correct traits to make him want to sieze power (see the FAQ), you can designate this character your faction heir and upon him becoming faction leader you will get the Augustean reform. They don't change much, but the reformed cohort will be replaced with the slightly better Imperial cohort, and you get access to as the Praetorian cohort and cavalry units (not sure about the latter though; it either has been dropped or is going to be dropped).

And before someone asks: no, the Imperial units do not wear the Lorica Segmentata.

Citizen

The best part of the Augustan Reforms, besides having yourself an actual empire, is the two Spearmen Auxilia and the Archers Auxilia.

i would rather fight with imperial or marian armies to conquer an empire rather than to keep it. i tried playing slower and thats hard man. i tried balancing the world around me (as romans) by giving other factions and it finally resulted in the game CTD'ing time and time again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast