Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations LOL!!!!!!

Dismounted H@Xx0rZ's Avatar Centenarius

Default Recommendations LOL!!!!!!

I'll update this specific post with any recommendations I think of in the future.

1. Keep all the wonders and monuments from the previous EB.
    2. More settlements and provinces (IF POSSIBLE) so that way, when I invade Gaul, taking one settlement doesnt automatically give me control of a large chunk of land.
    3. Keep the cavalry's reliance on CHARGING instead of sustained melee combat.
    4. PLZ model units so the awesomeness is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
    Instead of under nine thousand.
    5. Ignore trolls and spammers. Good **** takes time to produce.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT BELOW
    6. Reduce unit upkeep costs PLZ.
    7. Extend map eastward if possible.
    8. Give every constructable building a model inside the city. I noticed that not every building I could build in EB1 actually had a corresponding model. It would be awesome if in EB2 this were corrected.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT BELOW
    9. I noticed in M2 that it would take 3 chevrons for my units to go up +1 in stats. RTW only requires 1 chevron to advance in stats. FIX PLZ. Chevrons are those little rank things in the upper left corner of the unit card.

P.S. get 300 Special Edition it most excellent!!!!
    Last edited by Dismounted H@Xx0rZ; August 15, 2007 at 09:21 AM.
    Current Threat Level:

Also, join the CLC!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=223

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Re: Recommendations LOL!!!!!!

1. You got it. Maybe we'll even add some more!
    2. Not possible, province limit is the same as RTW for our purposes. Provinces might be enlarged though.
    3. Sure thing, depending on how M2TWs system works and what we can do with it.
    4. I have no idea what this means!
    5. I eat trolls for lunch!

P.S.--I hated 300!

Rome Total Realism VII Roman Faction Historical Advisor

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien View Post
    P.S.--I hated 300!
    Awww cmon, It wasnt that bad

I expected it to be totally unrealistic like the spartans actually killing one million persians and using there god like powers to crush the athenian fleet

Shame they made all the other greeks look like cowards when really alot of the greeks (thespians and some athenians) fought to the death with the spartans

and the film makes no account that spartans couldnt leave unless the king did because they were his 300 bodyguard and were bound by law to stay with the king at all times when he was outside of sparta

Ah well that was OT sorry

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro

yeah, and it doesnt mention how they all died for nothing.

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

Religion mod hahaha~!
    I want to make a jewish world!

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro

we will 'probably' be using religion as culture, instead. theres no way to represent the dozens of religions we'd need to for accuracy, broad cultural strokes is possible though.

Dismounted H@Xx0rZ's Avatar Centenarius

I cant wait for this mod!!!

Hope its better than RTR 7.
    Last edited by Dismounted H@Xx0rZ; August 06, 2007 at 06:38 PM.
    Current Threat Level:

Also, join the CLC!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=223

Well considering that EB2 will be on the MTW2 engine and RTR 7 will be on the RTW engine, I imagine it will at least look prettier. I mean, we would have to really screw up if we happened to make a mod for MTW2 worse than a mod for RTW. Whether EB 0.9x will be better than RTR 7, on the otherhand, is a matter that ain't worth discussing. Both will be fantastic!

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Spread the love people, the GREATEST total war mod team is here. I recommend eat plenty of nachos and cheeseburgers. Fixin to go eat one myself for celebration.

4. I have no idea what this means!
    this youtube should explain things http://youtube.com/watch?v=QsMlVFkmy4w

8. Give every constructable building a model inside the city. I noticed that not every building I could build in EB1 actually had a corresponding model. It would be awesome if in EB2 this were corrected.
    some of those were placeholders, and or appeared on the battlemap in their historical location, rather than in the city. also for that matter eb1 isnt even finished.

As for my recommendation, dont hurry on to mtw2, finish up with eb1 first, make it perfect. Since the system requirements for eb quadrupled the originals from vanilla, i know for a fact that my system will not be able to handle that sort of increase for the mte2 engine. It already hiccups at the lowest settings for mtw2.
    Last edited by Hells Bells; August 10, 2007 at 10:52 PM.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

I hadnt' noticed that you added more questions to the first post...
    6- Upkeep costs are part of the core of EB. If units were cheaper, there would be far too many armies wandering around. Also, the game would be way too easy.
    7- M2TW has the same number of provinces as RTW. So, if the map were to be extended, provinces would have to be axed elsewhere. EB isn't willing to do this. The map will cover the same areas, unless CA feels like increasing the province limit some time in the future.
    8- EB lacks a talented building modeller/skinner. If someone with the know-how joined the team, you would see tons of new buildings. Hopefully, someone with skill will hear about EB2 and could help with M2TW sometime down the line. Though, it may be impossible to change building models in M2TW.

P.S. 300 is more of a comedy to me. I laugh ever time I see that cataphract rhino. Plus, I can't help but think of all the spoofs I've seen.

I would also like to have authentic looking buildings. It would be very detrimental to the mod's atmosphere if we saw ancient settlements and structures on the strat map, but saw medieval ones in battle. I really hope it is possible to mod the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    I would also like to have authentic looking buildings. It would be very detrimental to the mod's atmosphere if we saw ancient settlements and structures on the strat map, but saw medieval ones in battle. I really hope it is possible to mod the buildings.
    As far as we know, we can not mod building models and settlement layout.

Thats too bad, it would have made a huge difference.

But then again Im personally not a big fan of sieges anyway and tend to fight most my battles in the field, so I suppose I can live with medieval architecture in EB.

didn't the ran no jidai team made new buildings for their campaign map? I remember seing it. aren't the files you work with the same both to rome and medieval2 ?

Citizen

Yeah, you can change the buildings in RTW. Though, it is much harder in M2TW. I think they are in an encoded pack (in M2) and there isn't an extractor for it.

Polemarchia: Total War is also looking into changing buildings around. I personally don't know how to do it but one of our team members, Darth Frigus, said he thinks he knows how to (though he's on vacation so we won't know till later).

Perhaps there is a way...
    Team Member of Wrath of the Norsemen M2TW Mod (3D Modeller)
    Economic Left/Right: 8.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

Citizen

Good luck to the effort!
    Hopefully, whoever figures it out will share the details, or even write a 'how-to'.

there is still hope

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien View Post
    we will 'probably' be using religion as culture, instead. theres no way to represent the dozens of religions we'd need to for accuracy, broad cultural strokes is possible though.
    good idea, do this.lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast