Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader HAD Retired!

Default Re: Darth Vader Retires!

Darth,

I cannot think of anything appropriate to say here, only that I wished I talked to you more.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

May your continued journey be eventful. Thank you.

I'm confused. Did Darth unretire? Because his other sticky thread has him at FULLY OPERATIONAL

hes finishing up 1.4c while retired, once its done so too is darth i suspect.

have fun darth, gluck with rl stuff

Default Re: Darth Vader Retired!

Well, I don't have much to say, i just started playing m2tw.. after a few hours i was bored because i could win every battle without any problem.. i was totaly bored of the battle AI and nearly stopped playing the game, but then i found the darth mod

I always wondered how much time and effort you must have given in this mod, and i hope you will use your new free time to make the best of your live. I can fully understand your reasons to retire, and i won't buy any tw game anymore until CA Found someone to do the job right. I'm looking forward to play your last output soon.

Sorry for probably bad english, greetings from Germany

I promised that I will not speak on this topic, but there is something I just need to say... THANK YOU DARTH!! Now Im 100% sure that I.ve made a good decsion not to buy any CA game ever... 1.4C is allmost reality not a game and battlefields are not "calculated", this is REAL struggle without numbers if You know what I mean.
    Again thank You for Your work and I wish You all the best!!
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    George S. Patton

@roastghey:

Star Wars: Total War....ha ha ...yes then I would certainly mod, even in my 50s

@Condottiere SOG:
    Thank you. I hope too.

@Dagda:

Yes..and finished the mod currently.

@Eaten_Cow:

Thank you for acknowledgment and your 1st valuable post! I think you should a second one after you play DarthMod 1.4 C and tell me your thoughts about it.

@brunneriusgreyna:

Realism is in fact always my first target despite the fantasy name of my mod used as a humorous decoy. Have fun with it as much as you can!

---updated 1st post---

I am totally retired now.
    I will hear you for a while if you have any notices and the Darth Team will continue my work.

I'm going with you!

MTW2 is the last game I bought from CA. I did it reluctantly based on past experience of CA releasing bug ridden unbalanced rubbish. MTW was no different and it sat on the shelf for many months before the likes of Darth fixed it. NEVER AGAIN! Kingdoms at the PC store....no thx.

The sad part is that what Darth provided to the community, is exactly what CA were lacking. Time after time, they release games too early and depended on the community to make them work. Today, CA has a reputation for this. They missed a massive chance at recruiting a gifted individual whose mere reputation would see many (including me) buying more Total War releases in the future.

Now, instead, expect the usually alpha releases where the bottom line is profit.

All the best to you Darth. I enjoyed your mods immensely and wish you the best where ever you go!

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I give you a month to come back ,i don't bealive that you spent some years doing this and simply retire your self,this is like a drug ,you gonna fall in the vice again.
    PS:Well ...15 days.

Pity pity pity.
    Wish you the best.
    Each Shadow conceils more Shadows.

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for all you did, You made RTW and MTW2 better than they ever could be. You where among those who cared about substance than the eyecandy and it's substance that makes a game good and replayable. That's a real shame that CA didn't recognized the power of the dark force that lies in your genius.
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

Sad to hear you're going Darth, your mod made RTW AI work .. which CA couldn't .. does that tell you something!?

Sounds like you didn't portray the correct image at the interview .. it's all about image! .. stupidly enough. Anyway, you have the talent .. go forth! young Sith!
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Sorry to see ya go man, I only started using DarthMod this week. Sorry to see you go, but thanks for the good work and dedication.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Darth I have played your mods since the begining and I have only one thing to say to you (forgive my greek it is very rusty)

Efharisto
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Your mod has always been one of the best

May the force be with you!

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Darth, you and I have never had conversation, but the hours of enjoyment I got out of your mod for RTW were immense. If one can be measured by what people say about him, then you truly are a great man. My respect and best wishes go with you always, in any path you choose.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Icon9 Re: Darth Vader Retired!

You have always made creatives work playable for me - whislt they have frequently focused on bells and whistles for magasine covers and 10 year olds attention, you, Darth, have given their work what it most needs, better gameplay.

They have ed you over indeed my friend, as they have us, time and time again.

Good luck in whatever you do. How does linux coding sound?
    Last edited by Garnier; April 23, 2008 at 04:52 PM.

lord vader, your mod for RTW started me on the long path into the RTW community, and thus got me involved in RS. thank you! Hail, Lord Vader!
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Όλα τα παραπάνω μεγάλε Έλληνα και επίσης ότι μας έκανες υπερήφανους!
    Έχε γεια και καλή τύχη...

Και μην μασας για την CA, γιατί εμείς.....

"Ου πόσοι, αλλά ΠΟΥ!"

You know, Darth, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Empire_at_War

is in dire need of the hand of the Dark Lord. There´s much potential for creating spectacular Star Wars battles in space (and ground) that feel just like Star Wars instead of the somewhat RTS-like unit stats in the unmodded game!

Best of luck to you and thank you for all the valuable contributions. Unlike others, I won´t despair since there are many who will continue the work, and I have faith in Lusted eventually worming his way up in CA and having a major influence on future titles,
    but your work might still be irreplaceable!
    Last edited by Glabro; September 12, 2007 at 01:00 PM.