Page 7 of 286 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Mod!! Post empires

Default Re: Great Mod!! Post empires

Yea ive been meaning to ally with the bosphorians for a while but havent got round to it. I suspect the ptolemys have pushed the selucids back but im not sure. Needless to say i need newer map information.

Limbs's Avatar Foederatus

Good day all. Picked up my Rome-campaign where I left it some time ago (been busy moving out). So now, haven't played for very long but the year is 263 and I'm currently taking on the Ptolemaic Empire and the Selucid Empire primarily even though I'm also at war with just about everyone And as you can see from my screenshot I'm also at war with the greek city states, my old "ally", the bastard betrayed me and if it weren't for a ctd you would now only see them having Argos. I'm having difficulty deciding what to do with Pontus since they seem to be on the verge of war with Armenia and it seemed like a good thing to let them fight some before I come in and grab their lands I'm very hesitant as to if I should invade further into germania, seems like the wrong thing to do with Rome and lets not forget that one might best try soing so after 6 AD. The thing which I find most bothersome atm is that the further east I go the more archers I encounter and since I'm dependant on mercenaries for that it's hard to blitz through without suffering too many casualties. Just like last time I'm marked out on the mini-map where I'm currently sieging settlements. That's the update, feel free to comment
    Last edited by Limbs; August 28, 2007 at 04:43 PM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Very nice, and you don't have a million denarii either.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

It's 263 B.C. How in the world did u conquer that much. Are you playing on easy mode or something. I mean holy crap. I'm no where near that in my campaign.
    No offensive man just i'm shock that you conquer that much that quickly.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

I haven't spent much this turn, I'm just half-through it. I just couldn't bring myself to try and attack Delphi one more time, not when I managed to conquer it last time with remarkably few losses. I do spend a great deal of my money on army upkeep, pretty normal in RS but I've got something of a head start compared to the others

Edit:
    To century X, nope Vh/Vh, the trick early on is to siege enemy cities (stone walls) directly and they'll try to save them and you'll meet them both on the field, sure it can be hard but you wont have to lose thousands of extra units just trying to penetrate the walls, works in most cases. Also by expanding early you don't have to breach many stone walls, this is mainly in Greece and the more established kingdoms.

My losses per battle range from 15 % (mostly when faced with simple hoplites and not many ranged units) to 50 %+ (when I fight mobile enemies or stacks full of Scutarii, and caeritrati or others with similar abilities). Of course I have managed to win with losses like 4%, this however is when I throw my pilums just right and take out their general in a timely fashion.

Something which has caused me great agony is when the game skips the usual options for a conquered city, instead of me being able to enslave them it's automatically set to "occupy" and I have to leave huge armies behind, sofar it's only been serious twice when I took Byzantium and Scallabis, this happens when you take it during their turn defending.
    Last edited by Limbs; August 28, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

Holy crap man. I mean you have a good strategy but wow man. Also isn't when playing on vh/vh you don't really get a good challenge like when you play on m/m or h/h.

uhm, is it easier on vh/vh? Lots of wierd comments going around on that subject, someone said that vh/h was toughest, well I don't know, what I do know is that my units generally seem to need help when fighting the same unit controlled by the enemy, but I can't say that I'm sure whether the AI's getting any bonuses.

the hardest is H/VH...you kill your city people??
    not build on city and wait on reform marian??
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Century X...on H/VH..soon come my Reform marian
    and i alway build and build up with buildings and so much people

start and gaul destroyer

gold shield and sword

my high city peolpe

frontline on germanic and low my city people

frontline on iberian/carthago
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

No, I don't "kill my city people" enslavement, works every time, you get a stable population and where you need them, since I keep on expanding, my outer production centers never go short on the goods

Limbs..but its just nice look with your glory empire
    H/VH will maybe better for you where you now know how play with RS

look here with H/VH(hardest)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113779

and its very fun with reform marian legion up to you
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 28, 2007 at 10:27 PM.

Uandwhosearmy's Avatar Miles

I've never understood the fun in blitzing your way through the game. Conquering that much early on would ruin the game for me. But as always when it comes to these things it's a personal preference of mine to wait for the AI to build up properly and never attack unless attacked. I also tend to declare war on factions who attack my allies.

But everyone plays by their own rules I guess.

I agree, I prefer to expand slowly and 'get into' the game as much as possible, as if creating an alternate timeline. And even worse, some people insist on playing Rome game after game, when there are so many more interesting factions to play!

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I agree, I prefer to expand slowly and 'get into' the game as much as possible, as if creating an alternate timeline. And even worse, some people insist on playing Rome game after game, when there are so many more interesting factions to play!
    True.

I, however, don't have that much time to play RTW when I'm on school, so in the few hours a week that I'm able to play, I REAAAAAAAAALLY want to kill something instead of building up economy. Takes too long
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

i agree too with "quick attack"...and normal i build up with buildings so wait on reform marian,have only italy and sicily..but gauls alway attack me with many stack army before i was ready...hotfix 1.10B and C problem is it was so too long wait on reform marian with buildings via road and plump so imperial palace..its so too long wait...
    so i took a new strategy..kick gauls out and build my empire up with buildings and it help..lol.

maybe better with paved roads and aqueduct so imperial palace?

Patrician

You won't have that problem anymore with 1.10c

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Well, this is quite upsetting since it's been a pain to play this far and the game is bugged according to you all... Because I almost allways play on Vh/Vh I pretty much assumed I had picked that difficulty but I was just wondering if there's anyway for me to double-check this in-game? Well, not much point in continuing on if this is the case, however, I can tell you that it surely was a hard thing to do to expand this far, and I looked in the other thread regarding the difficulty setting and I've allways had money problems, Haven't been able to build anything but temples, dirt roads and one or two city-upgrades someplace, with the empire I've now got I only get something like 100k per turn after the expenses have been paid for, and earlier the money only went to building armies. In other words I'm nowhere near being able to build in every settlement, only where it's cheap.
    Last edited by Limbs; August 29, 2007 at 03:44 PM.

Patrician

It isn't the mod that's 'bugged', it's the RTW engine in how it handles AI bonuses at various difficulty levels. We 'recommend' H\H or H\VH.....but you can play it on anything you want.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

So, is there some way for me to check difficulty setting in-game?

You see baxon is in the 250's and look where he is at. I expand slowly. And I try to make my legion recuriment as historical as possible. I don't recruit from recently conquered citites. I recruit from my core citites in Italy.