Page 5 of 286 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Mod!! Post empires

Default Re: Great Mod!! Post empires

i is on V/VH with hotfix...look here

Rome empires invasion now on Gaaaaaauls.
    thats maybe 18-20 full stack with only legion prin.maniples with silver sword/sheld..a romans armada!!!..carthage is wreck,romans empires need a way to spain.

all romans city has urbans,parthon saturn,bath,fountry and much more

Cesar Baxon' glory empires
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 15, 2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

You are playing on VH/VH correct? If so don't. VH/x is broken do not play with the campaign map difficulty set to VH it doesn't work correctly, H/x is more difficult.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

H/VH is the hardest..and fun!!!

i write wrong with V...Lol..it was H.
    AI always wild build up with army...LOL
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 15, 2007 at 05:18 PM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

jerjes's Avatar Tiro

This is my campaign. I play on M/M, large settings (I dont know why but with this settings i had never experienced A SINGLE CTD). Here are some pics:

This is my Alpine defensive system, a lot of Germans and Dacians had bleed in those fortications

The Upper Danube frontier is very quiet, once in a while (like in this turn) some Dacian came to make some trouble

This is from de Lower Danube, some Pergamum stack in the distance but nothing to worry about (yet)

Economic warfare. All Egean Pergamun ports blockaded

My Legions on the verge of conquering Lysimacheia and Byzantium (I need desesperately this AOR). A hard fight awaits me

Finally, my best legatus.

Well, I hope that you enjoy this
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

La única verdad es la realidad - Juan Domingo Perón

jerjes..i like look your battle for glory empires
    germanic carthage dacian pegangum selecid
    your romans war-machine with your great legendary commander just soon kick all out
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 15, 2007 at 06:06 PM.

Wow! I like that AI Armenian Empire! Very cool.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

jerjes's Avatar Tiro

Finally, I took Byzantium

I have now 4 new Imperial Legions. These, added with those of Pergamo and Athens will allow me to begin conquering Asia Minor

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Germani ad portas!!!!

Your empire is so awesome. You really play like the Romans. Fortifications at the Donau, in the Alps. Nice!
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Boy I wish I got a chance to play this game - seeing those huge empires battling it out makes me go green with envy. Maybe I'll just stop skinning for a few months?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Ok...let's just put everything on hold and play!!

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I love how it's 177BC in jerjes' campaign and there are still 6-8 powerful factions, and no uber-empire controlling half the map. That's the type of even expansion we've been trying to get, so the game remains a challenge and doesn't become an exercise in mopping up after the first 100 turns... it's great to see it working!

jerjes's Avatar Tiro

You know, when a started this campaign one of the goals I put to myself was to be able to play as much as possible (basically I want to reach AD era ), I mean slow but steady expansion. Also I want definitively that my family members no to get bad traits, so I used the surplus of my income to make "gifts" to almost every faction in game (except Carthage, Macedon and German Tribes) and finish every turn with less than 50k. Ironically, Pergamum was one of the most benefitted
    Seeing the map campaign you realized that still I can "lose" the campaign, I mean Im not absolutely safe and I'll have to be cautious in my future movements. That never happened to me since I play R:TW

jerjes's Avatar Tiro

It's 174 BC now and Germanic tribes are about to know the gladius hispaniens power to a full extent. But my problem is that I can't figure out which is the fastest and effective way to invade German lands.
    Here's the situation

Now, which of those 3 invasion routes do you think is the best? I was thinking that the 3rd one was the most appropiated but since I have 7 legions in its ways back from Thrace (they're quiet depleted, some of them with only 2-3 original cohorts, the rest is composed of auxilia ) I would wait till 172-171 BC and attack simultaneously by the 3 routes with 15 legions.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I would, IMHO, drive west thru #3. First of all, because your left flank will be to the sea. That action will draw their armies southwest..and when they do that, then drive aanother wedge straight up the 'gut' thru the passes near Mediolanum. Once you take those two regions there, both are protected by rivers and bridges, or forested areas. At least as I play, I like to faint an attack and draw off armies, and then bite off a big chunk where they weren't expecting it!!

But, they'll be mad!

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Put some legions in some fleets and flank them. GO through some of the carthage lands and push in. Eventaully try to make your legions meet around central france(of course taking over it) and then build up your armies and then push again towards there other cities.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I would, IMHO, drive west thru #3. First of all, because your left flank will be to the sea. That action will draw their armies southwest..and when they do that, then drive aanother wedge straight up the 'gut' thru the passes near Mediolanum. Once you take those two regions there, both are protected by rivers and bridges, or forested areas. At least as I play, I like to faint an attack and draw off armies, and then bite off a big chunk where they weren't expecting it!!

But, they'll be mad!
    Actually I'd suggest avoiding route #3. I'd suggest pummeling their armies there but not taking their Gallic provinces on the border with Carthage. Focus on annihilating their German possesions and let them keeps some Gaulish regions so as to have a buffer with Carthage. Hopefully Carthage will make the first move on the Germans there after Germany has been depleted by you, and once Carthage is embroiled in conflict in Gaul quickly launch and invasion of N. Africa and Southern Iberia by boat, they'd never expect it. Carthage and Pergamum, your future threats, should be your biggest fear, not the Germans. That's what I think, at least. Maybe I'm too tactical.

jerjes's Avatar Tiro

Well thanks everybody for the advice Im reffiting my depleted legions so I still have some time on planning my moves. My greatest fear is that, while fighting Germans, Carthage decided to nail a dagger on my back . So once I cross path #3 I move my legions north to Lugdunum (thus avoiding Carthage's frontier)

Lord Agelmar's Avatar Tiro

I always hate when you decide to go out on a major campaign and another faction you cant really afford to go to war with stabs you in the back.. but it does make things interesting!

Man, some of the empires in your games have me wary.. im only at about 264 bc in my Roman campaign and there are no major empires.. yet. Roma Victor!
    "We've made the ferryman wait this long, lets make him wait a little longer."
    "The Legions will not fail you, do not fail them." Roma Mod

jerjes's Avatar Tiro

Finally, I broke Germaninc line in the Alps around 170 BC and then it's was like a flood that destroyed everything in its path . Here's some pics

North Gaul

Meanwhile, Dacians decided to give me a tough fight in Iuvavum and Aquincum

Sadly, I had lost 3 eagles fighting for those 2 cities, incredibly L XXII Primigenia lost its Eagle twice, one near Iuvavum (c. 170 BC) and the other at Aquincum last turn (winter 166 BC).

No matter if I'll conquer Aquincum (where the eagle was taken) next turn, I'll never raise Primigenia again . It will be erased from history like Varus legions.
    Lastly, the situation in the Straits

Im holding firmly with those 2 forts while I raise my legions near Pergamo

Hope you enjoys
    Last edited by jerjes; August 19, 2007 at 10:12 PM.

It appears as though if you bribe the Armenians it'll make your attacks on Pergamum and Dacia much easier, since the AI is inept at two front wars. But then again, you'll have a larger Armenian Empire against you... Me likes it!