Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Mod!! Post empires

Default Re: Great Mod!! Post empires

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    You're playing little Pergamum!! Bless your heart!
    Hey what is up with the romans. They have gang loads of elite legions I never seen that before. But after 20yrs I finally got them on the defensive and I destroyed most of italy as well.

Tankbuster is New Alexander the great or alexander the great II

whookidd with Pergamum..look goooooood

i play with carthago...i'am new HANNIBAL
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 06, 2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxon7 View Post
    Tankbuster is New Alexander the great or alexander the great II

whookidd with Pergamum..look goooooood

i play with carthago...i'am new HANNIBAL
    I am playing with carthage too. They are my favorite team. I conquered the all of the west coast of africa, All of Iberia and all of gaul. I am now in germanica forest battle Rome. But I kicked rome a new one. They are almost completely out of germany and well I was battle my 22yr war I was rapping a pillaging southern italy. I land waste to ROME, CAPUA and many other cities I killed so many roman armies at see it isnt even funny if that was my country I would have submitted. I also made them fight some of the battles on a bridge too. I still have my generals from the iberian wars!! they game to gaul and now they are fighting the romans. They are old now because the war took so long. each of my armies have taken 2 or more eagles as well. But now dacia is at the east and now the romans are too the south. Rome will be easy to finish since I destroy most of there cities except for the northern cities.

My time to show you my progress with the Romans I play on H/H.

This is my blitz vs. Carthage in Sicily. As you can see, I control Italy plus Aventicum in the Northwest and driven Macedon out of their most western provinces. (They held the whole Balkans, the rascals )

Originally, Syracusae (already destroyed at the time of the screen) were beating Carthage bad in Sicily, which was divided 3 to 3 cities by these factions. Carthage was fighting on the edge though, with very few armies, compared to several full stacks of Syracusaens and so I decided to give them some financial help. As I had around 600,000(!) due to the 4pty I WAS using, I gifted the Carthaginians 100,000. They turned the Syracusae faction all the way to their capital and captured all of Sicily.
    I decided to not let them capture the last Syracusaen territory - Melite, so I did it myself. This could be my front base to attack Sicily later, I thought.

On the screen, you see how I deployed several Legions from Italy and Milete on the island using navies. The Carthaginians were taken completely off guard and I swept through Sicily like Hannibal through Italy (no real resistance, actually.)

Here you can see how weak Carthage is, I think it is because they're fighting the Iberians .. I have all of Sicily as well as Caralis and Aleria at this time.

Now all these legions, with a bunch of others on the Macedon and Gaulish borders (to the North), are basically resting So I'll soon start and attack on Macedon and Gaul and hope for the best (both factions have destroyed some of my legions BAD.)

In my capmaigns as the Romans I usually don't fight much Eastern countries, so I plan to crush the Macedon and fight some Easterners..
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; August 06, 2007 at 10:41 AM.

Here is my current campaign. PLanning to invade carthage and take them out. I'm already massing the legions I used to invade macedon In Italy and will soon put them all in fleets(Right now there being retrained and resting). I still have like 5 legions in greece cause i'm not done conquering them yet.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

CENTURY X..you is new ceasar

i will cryyyyyy if you attack my carthago .....carthago sure so soon you come in african ...LOL

and how rich with crotan and thessalonia??my record only 13000 with one city..
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 06, 2007 at 11:50 PM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Octavius-Augustus...a really blitzkrieg of you

You know when u have 6 legions lined up like that in Italy and 5 more coming in from greece. You feel pretty confident that carthage will fall. But I still have to be careful. I forgot what one of there infantry units is called. But it throws there version of a pila and man they can destroy the front line troops easily. It's going to be a hard war cause I can't just send them back home to be retrained, my supply lines will be pretty thin.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

I like the way you play Century, but too much money

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    You know when u have 6 legions lined up like that in Italy and 5 more coming in from greece. You feel pretty confident that carthage will fall. But I still have to be careful. I forgot what one of there infantry units is called. But it throws there version of a pila and man they can destroy the front line troops easily. It's going to be a hard war cause I can't just send them back home to be retrained, my supply lines will be pretty thin.
    Hey century, they are called caertai infantry I love those guys I used them until I got my african elite infantry looks like a roman soldier. But I will put them back in my line as my infantry when I battle egypt.

I love Scutarii and Late phoenician,its my normal army ...My elite army is Elite african and Armoured elephants ...i like see elephants go to there ugly army and creat caos...really history romans empire hate no.one is Scutarii
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 07, 2007 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    what i know?? ...yeah,its hard battle in african..but take just carthago city and build new army from there ..just too good with a armada of army and sail to africa.

Oh, yeah, I blitzed 'em good. Now moving to Gaul and killing off Macedon for good! Man, those Greeks have 10-12 stacks ready to defend their homeland.. I know it's not historical, but if it was historical, my Legions would have swept through Macedon and Greece like Hannibal through Italy I also love how century plays, but man, how do you manage your settlements with SOOOO much cash? And guys, how do you take such nice screenshots? My RTW takes crappy .tgas which I then convert to jpegs and they look very .. Pale

Cheers, Octavius
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; August 07, 2007 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    And guys, how do you take such nice screenshots? My RTW takes crappy .tgas which I then convert to jpegs and they look very .. Pale Cheers, Octavius
    IrfanView???is that on "Save Quality on Best 100%??..if not with Irfanview..so look your program..always on high quality so better with JPEG

Thanks, Baxon7. I'm really not into image taking/viewing software, that's why I asked for a good suggestion. I will try InfanView..

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

FRAPS is the best one. Google it, its so easy to use its ridiculous.

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxon7 View Post
    I love Scutarii and Late phoenician,its my normal army ...My elite army is Elite african and Armoured elephants ...i like see elephants go to there ugly army and creat caos...really history romans empire hate no.one is Scutarii
    My normal setup for my late armies are 6 units phoenician heavy phalanx. and 6 units of elite african infantry 3 archers, 2 cavalry, 2 heavy onagers. At first I had 8 units of late. But after several encounters with enemy armies taht had onagers I found them very deadly so I incorp them in my armies. I dont have that many armies I have just 6 armies and some of these armies have been fighting since my conquest of spain. All of my generals and King have been fighting since spain. I Kicked gaul out of mainland europe and they are stuck in Britain raising armeis and trying to take all of britain. I finally fought rome in germany I kicked there a$$ there. I used strategy and bridges to defeat them I made a elite army of soldiers to pillage italy and they did it will very little loses I totally kicked rome back to italy they it is only a matter of time before they fall. All of my generals were in their 20's when I invaded iberia with 3 armies now they are old men in their 50's and 60's my national leader died last year so sad he was the greatest general I had. I make all of my heirs and leaders fight. The next Heir that I chose was young too now he is a 6 star general and now he is 40 years old. I have fought rome for a long time something like 25 yrs. I will build 2 more armies one army will be completely iberian origin except for the elephant and 3 skirmishers. The other army will be a project army due to the fact that I will be going to war with a phalanx time nation I will reincorp the late-poeni phalanx instead of the heavy and and 2 more units of cavalry. So it will be more like that. 9 units of late- poeni-phalanx, 3 skirmishers, 4 poeni cavarly, 3 heavy onagers and one elephant. I will see how that works. But I might replace the 3 skirmishers and 1 heavy onager for 4 units of elite african infantry. This is just a test army to see how it fairs against phalanx type armies. My 6 armies 3 will standard armies to battle the rising power of Dacia and the rest will be brought down is size and become contigents(rebel fighters and riot control. and I will make 4 new armies..

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Lol century is that a mini Atlantic Wall you're building there?

Wouldn't want to land on that stroke of land

P.S. You have to watch out with Caetraci infantry! A roman pila volley or an enemy archer unit can devestate them
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

yeah last night as Rome (sorry but I missed my legions) in a new campaign I was fighting Carthage, and landed a legion on Sardinia, and was up against about 500 enemy troops, who were easily dispersed and destroyed. I then landed another legion on Corsica, and was facing roughly equal forces to my own. These were those Caetraci's, and I was able to deal with them by placing my hastati in the front rank on fire at will, and once I was in the city (the city garrison was about 450 men, the others were coming in from off map) I was able to place the Hastati in the narrow streets, and their heavy pila devastated the Carthagenian Caertai infantry as they came around corners. with their early libo-phonecian infantry I just held them in place with the hastati on FAW mode, and swept through their rear guard with my Trarii, effectivley chain routing their army and as I had the city square, I won the battle with minimal losses thanks to the pila and javelins of Roman might!
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

There called caertai infantry. Those bastards destroy my units so easily. I still havan't figured out a way to counter them. I mean yea I beat them all the time but sometimes I just think there to powerful with those pila.