Page 2 of 286 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Mod!! Post empires

Default Re: Great Mod!! Post empires

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    ahhh the smell of teh cheats century x ....

i do it myself mostly to give the people im allied with 1million denarii to help them along or the people who are being crushed by bigger people.
    Well you see I just edit the descr_strat file. Even though I give myself enough money to not worry, i'm very frugal. I don't build legions every turn I don't bribed armies and I don't throw away money. I also don't bribe citites. That will just take away the fun, these are my own little house rules I've made on top of the RS house rules. With this kind of money I can build 1000 legions but I don't. I send home the ones I have and retrain them and use them again. Just like back in the ancient times. Occasionaly I disband one or two due to other reasons.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

I don't get why some of you use money cheats -- managing your economy is half the fun of the game!

Master_Swordman's Avatar Civis

Agreed cherryfunk.
    I was led to believe the more money you had the more corrupt/wasteful your family members would be and the less money you had the better they would be at management and trade, that's what I've always noticed anyway...

Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots (18-0) vs. New York Giants (12-6)
    ...and another ones gone, and another ones gone...

Globalhead's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I don't get why some of you use money cheats -- managing your economy is half the fun of the game!
    Yeah, that's a crazy amount of coin Century .
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, sed dulcius pro patria vivere, et dulcissimius pro patria bibere. Ergo, bibamus pro salute patriae.

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post

It ain't much but it's a start.

CRAAAAAAZY...1 million money ...its NOT fun
    :hmmm: Ok,its your Games!!...i will not start with 1 million,10.000 is ok because its just fun with "problem"
    Last edited by Baxon7; August 02, 2007 at 11:00 PM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I want to post my empire do anyone know how to take screen shots? it has been over 1 yrs since I did it. Who else plays on VH/VH? It is fun and time comsuming as well.

button on Print screen and tga in folder (your):\Rome - Total War\tgas

i play always on VH/VH..yep,its fun
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

this mod wasnt designed to be played on VH/VH.
    in fact it is probably harder to play on H/H, as the player also gets the bonus' that the AI gets in VH/VH for some reason.
    so it might be even more fun on H/H, who knows. ive never played VH/VH

What bonus are you talking about? My money is limited and alot of my enemies seem to have more elites or experience soldiers than other levels. I am already fighting imperial legions and it has barely been 20 years since I started the game.

I love playing as Carthage on VH/VH.

Well when I started off I wanted to control at least half of sicily. The city that belonged to the free people was recently besieged and weak so I took advantage of that and besiege and took the city in just 2 turns. Well I decided to rebuild my army. Right when I pressed for the next turn syracuse besieged my whole army and another city of mine I knew I couldnt break the siege because my army was too weak and they were heavily outnumbered. So I made a weak hit and run Contigent(5 Carthaginian Caetrati 1 cavalry and 3 units of slingers) to harrass and try to offer the 3rd army into battle because my city they besieged had a pretty good force in it. Well they declined too fight and they retreated and besieged my other city again they retreated until I musterd the strength and number too engage them and once I did I wiped the out. While my city was being besieged my the 2 enemy armies I was recruiting a relief army to lift the siege they landed in sicily but it was too late late they attack my city. I scrambled my units and had my Liby-Phonecian Early Infantry block one side of the street and I had my merc hoplites block the other side. In the middle I had my Carthaginian Caetrati and missiles in the middle to rain down on the enemy. Well when I started the game I quickly sent my cavarly running out the gate and into the woods hoping there surprise comeback will cause me too win the battle. Well both armies busted through the gate. The bigger army(4,200) march straight to my early libyan infantry they engaged and missiles where hitting the enemy down. The second army went around and attack from the right. My Hoplites held strong but the force of the numbers started to show as my hoplites were falling on my Carthaginian Caetrati so I sent a unit of early libyans too join them they did and held the off for a little longer. The bigger army started to fold so I called for my cavalry they came charging through hit them in the back and alot of them started to rout!! I thought to myself yes yes I can win!! But the sicilian hoplites held firm and crushed my bela cavarly and then they charged my already weak and exhausted early libyan units. On the other side things started to fold as well my hoplites were pushed back as well as my 1 unit of early libyans as well and then I engaged my Carthaginian Caetrati and archers were being cut to pieces as well but they took alot of the enemy with them!! Seeing that the battle was lost I sent my general smashing unto the enemy army and wrecken havoc for a short time until he was brought down and killed. I killed over 5,000 of the enemy and lost my whole army which I do believe to be around 2,342. After that I was in need of revenge so my relief army now became my invading army they besieged the city right away and my hit and run army I stocked up to be a real Army!! I quickly invaded the east side before they can even rebuild and literally crushed them and killed everything in syracuse. After that I recalled both to Africa it was now time to talk all of africa. With a few battles I took all of africa.

Now my eyes set to iberia, I attack the free people every chance and took many cities now the iberians control the northwest. I sent 2 more armies to iberia and they met up with the 3rd army. I took then lightly so I sent one army too the north to conquer the free people up there and too revenge my army that was killed when retreated then. Then the iberian army and the 2nd african army moved into there land. The iberian army beseiged the iberian people city and the african moved up to attack the other city. Right at the next turn they attack with a full army. My army 4,140, There army 4,114. I figured it is in my favor. I posted up on a small hill. First row consist of slingers 2nd and 3rd row Carthaginian Caetrati, 4 stacks on each one, 4th row consist of Poeni Infantry. Well my slingers threw there missiles. The enemy Caetrati charged call my slingers back but they only ended up running into my 2nd row as the caetrati charged. Well my Carthaginian Caetrati threw there volleys at the enemy and they threw theirs. well it hit my Carthaginian Caetrati and my slingers shortly after they charged but were cut to pieces because of there limited numbers. Then I saw the celtiberians swordmens they charged and cut my 2nd row to pieces my 3rd engaged them Heavy fighting I suffered heavy casualites but I was getting the upper hand until the scutari came they threw there volleys and charged not the battle turned I tried to push back but there numbers increased and my Carthaginian Caetrati ended up pushed all the way into my 4th and last line. I was hoping that my poeni will win the battle but they too met heavy resistance from the celtiberians swordmen and my 3rd row Carthaginian Caetrati were cut to pieces because one side was the enemy and the other side was my poeni no where too run. My poeni engaged line a little broken due to the Carthaginian Caetrati pushing into them well they were holding on the line but scutari reserves hit the middle hard and my line stary to bend and broke in the middle. Then a few units hit my poeni in the flank. My poeni fought too the death not one made it back alive. My general died in the battle. Due to the face that iberians had very few cities I quickly conquered when I recalled my 1st african army from the north. Less then 10 turns and all of iberia was mine. Now I was truly a force to be wrecken with.

The gauls were a push over not worth talking about. I then declared War on Rome I blocked all of there ports What was different about them was the fact they were actually doing sea invasions. But each time they were sunk and destroyed. I destroyed 5 roman armies at sea sunk there ships. 1 one of the armies invaded but they invaded the army where I was making a raiding party( 5 Carthaginian Caetrati 8 missile units, 1 unit of cavarly and 4 units of early libs) They crushed the romans due to the fact my missiles units were pouring down on them. Germanica legions seemed easy. I sent the army too Rome besieged a city but the romans attack and we fought they charged my line. I know the Carthaginian Caetrati are weak but they held their own against the germanica legions on 2 occasions. My early-libs started to crack again the beseiging army finally came and hit my early libs in the back and they routed. My Carthaginian Caetrati were still fighting but I called a retreat seeing how the day was lost. I lost 85 percent of my raiding party and the rest went back to the ships. Rome is going to be tougher than I thought, I control the seas and I am keeping them from building a fleet but I must attack on the ground. I have 2 contigents( small groups formed to attack rebels) 4 armies. 3 of them are in Gaul because of the war. The 3rd is a newly made army and it is the only army with a elephant unit and sacred band. It is pretty much a elite army. I Have over 15 fleets 13 consisting of 4 ships and 2 more with more than 6 each. I will weaken rome then attack and take over. I will post my outcome later.

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

VH battle / H campaign is the most difficult I thought?
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

You can never have to much money. lol..
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxon7 View Post
    button on Print screen and tga in folder (your):\Rome - Total War\tgas

i play always on VH/VH..yep,its fun
    Thanks Baxon7. Which one is the hardest??

Dvk always says play it on H/H for hardest difficulty...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Oh ok I see thanks drtad.

I think you can play on H/VH if you're insane, can't you? iirc it was the campaign difficulty he said to keep at H.

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

yep. i can 100% say H/VH is the most extreme lol

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

really that sounds cool, but I am ok with vh/vh. romans seems to have 3 eagle standard in a army and alot of legions. But they will be finished soon.

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

Nothing like having enough denarii to do the job I always say. lol
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Nellup View Post
    Here is a screenshot of my current campaign:

The hardest part was pushing the Seleucid's back, luckily the Egyptians were also at war with them which made my job easier, I made Sparta a priority before the Greeks got there although they were embroiled in a war with Macedon and now me.

You can't see it in the screenshot, but I have Side, Lysimacheia, Athens and Kydonia under siege.
    You're playing little Pergamum!! Bless your heart!

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father