Page 18 of 286 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Mod!! Post empires

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Great Mod!! Post empires

Wonderful mod!

Here is the Roman Republic 241BC:

Playing through You are the Senate AAR, it makes for some slow expansion, but its fun, the Gauls are currently pushing us about the Alps, just had to fight two big BIG battles, to get one of my depleted legions (the 2nd Italica)out and back to Capua, its been a long campaign and I still haven't got that legionary eagle back
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Aristedes's Avatar Tiro

Hmmm, don't attack gaul to much yet...It's better to defend your borders. First take sicily and then invade Spain. Take whole Spain. Since Gaul has all their troups around the Alps, their west borders are very easy to take. I did this with Syracuse
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.

Playing through You are the Senate AAR, it makes for some slow expansion, but its fun
    Hey, what happened to all your money? Didn't you guys have like 250,000 saved up?

Great fun reading your debates, by the way -- shows how difficult it can be to get a bunch of people to agree on anything!

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

you have no idea...

Skan

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

I spent a LOT of money improving the infrastructure, because if the Economic Bill gets passed, then I will be restricted - and Im a spend spend guy

Glad you are enjoying it cherryfunk

(sorry to be so off topic)
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Aristedes's Avatar Tiro

here is my current empire, i'm on my way for whole europe

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Nice!!!

Drtad will be sooo happy when he sees that Armenia
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Survived? Did you mean? :

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbuster View Post
    Nice!!!

Drtad will be sooo happy when he sees that Armenia
    Meh, not really. I'll be happy once I see an AI Armenia that looks something like what it did historically:

Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I think this will be more likely on the new map...right now, the current one has the mountains in the way, and they force Armenia north.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Thats the vest Syracuse campaign since, well mine! + Rep for showing The potential of the city-states!

Skan

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Aristedes's Avatar Tiro

Yes skan, i saw your one. Only to bad that you didn't conquer those last regions.

Well, my next objective is the Ptollies and Macedons.

Remember this thread?

Started a new campaign about a week ago and it's been the most fun yet. For some reason Epirus was really hard to finish off this time, Pyrrhus kept on popping up with a full stack and destroying me...finally took care of them and now the Gauls bribed one of my cities and it's open war....and of course the Macedonians are looking my lands with envy...not to mention those cursed rebels...

Basically if I go to war with another faction I'll lose half my lands.

Greece going to Selucia

stupid rebels

Greece and Macedon

Syracuse ftw

Patavium was bribed, and Rome was upset. Very upset. I'm already looking forward to sacking the place.

And another army moves to join in on the fun...but he came from Greece so now the rebels will be more bold there

Gaul has been wearing down my troops for a very long time, and I can only hold them for maybe two more turns. I'll have to move some people from Patavium, but the Gauls are also moving from north of there so everywhere I go it's going to be tough

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

My old Roman game:

My old Seleucid game:

After taking Byzantium I massed most of my armies there just for the hell of it, since I didn't need them anywhere else.

And this is what I did with them:

Owning half the map got a little broing after a while, with all the rebels popping up everywhere...

My more recent Syracuse campaign:

After some 50 years of great alliance, the Romans decided out of nowhere to betray me by blockading Aleria. Then they insulted me even further by making peace with the Carthiginians.

So I sent two stacks into Italy and conqured Croton, Tarentum, Cannae, Neapolis, and Apulania all on the same turn. Now for the next seven years, the Romans have been throwing stack after stack against my two armies and there's no end in sight. They've got about 20 full stacks in Italy and keep sending in more down over the Alps. What's worse is my economy has hit a wall and I'm only making enough to retrain my armies every turn after killing 2-4 stacks of very early legions. In other words, I don't have the funds to raise two more stacks in Italy to crush the Romans. Not fun.

On a side note, Macedonia seems really overpowered once they conqure Greece, which they almost never fail to do unless I give tons of gold to the Greeks.
    Last edited by Athkara; November 16, 2007 at 07:52 PM.
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II

EMV's Avatar Libertus

Jesus! That's alot of Romans headed your way!

realy early(10 turns) and i have the whole of italy and am taking over provinces at an exponential rate. i have dozens of full stacks. i have my sights set on greece and pergamum,after i deal with epiros and their lone city of tarentum. I took over the whole of the western coast and will soon back my macedonian allies against the greeks.

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

@Athkara-I'm most surprised by what Carthage has done in your Seleucid campaign, how did they get to the British Isles? In my Seleucid campaign they're moving through Gaul(After Gaul became stupid and challenged them and a Punic war is about to happen) so I'm wondering if Carthage will do what they did in your campaign.:hmmm:
    Last edited by S.W.A.T; November 17, 2007 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T View Post
    ...After Gaul became stupid...
    Why oh why aren't MY Gauls stupid.... I am almost to the brink with fighting the bloody savages! With every damn city I take, I lose more then I get! They seem endless! (not Free People endless, of course, but still)...
    Loyal fan of Roma Surrectum!
    "Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant!"

Love 2 Rep ppl!
    RS TEAM IS KING!!!

Nam homo proponit, sed Daus disponit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daus Maximus Jade View Post
    Why oh why aren't MY Gauls stupid.... I am almost to the brink with fighting the bloody savages! With every damn city I take, I lose more then I get! They seem endless! (not Free People endless, of course, but still)...
    I dunno, maybe I should send you some of the Gauls in my campaign. I'm playing, recreating Alexander's empire. See Gaul declared on Carthage(Who had the whole eastern Iberian coast). No big, few turns later I see Carthage gaining lands in Gaul. Scroll over to see Gaul barely has an army while Carthage has like two stacks moving around. I'll post a pic when I can, cause Rome and Carthage boarder each other now(Popcorn time).

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

As far as the Carthaginians go, I wanted a chanllenge, so I gifted them tons of money for like the first half of the game. From there, they expanded pretty well on their own. But i was tired of seeing Britania covered in black in all my games, so I sent a fleet up there with some diplomats, and bribed/gifted the cities to Carthage. I hoped they would wipe out what was left of the Gauls, but the Carthaginians just sat around doing nothing in Britania.

After that I tried to get Carthage to invade Itally, since they were fighting Rome around the Alps; I bribed Rome and gifted it to them. My plan sort of worked: the Carthaginians shipped out several stacks to Rome, but after a couple years, the Romas kicked them out.

But, at any rate it was fun landing 6 stacks on Sicily at once and siezing the island.
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II