Thread: to play RTR

Default to play RTR

right, i saw a couple of videos about this mod and thought it looked good.

so i tried a few things to install it and it all eventually went to crap so i decided id just register here and see if i could get some help.

Nm.1: do i have to have any of the expansion packs to play RTR gold or platinum? because i only have the regular RTW.

if i have the game patched up to V1.5, can i just install RTR and the RTR patch? and itl work?

the reason im asking silly questions that DO have instructions and such is because well i uninstalled and reinstalled RTW yesterday more times that i can remember, and it pissed me off xD

sorry to be a bugger

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: to play RTR

If you have the original Activision version (v1.0) just patch it to v1.2 and install RTR 6 Gold. RTR Gold is the last official version of RTR for RTW 1.2 engine.

If you want to play RTR Platinum, you must patch up to v1.5 to install it. Without BI, you need to patch v1.3 + v1.5 before installing RTRPE (current version v1.9).

If you have BI game, then you need to patch to v1.6 before installing RTR Platinum. RTR Platinum works with both RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6 engine.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

So patch to 1.5

then download and install RTRP

il try it out

ok good news, im at the point where i can start a campaign, or a custom battle or whatever.

but when i try to do any of those things the game crashes

oh and also, in custom battle i notice the number of men per unit is still around the same as before, was this changed or do i need to do something else with that?

(sorry for adding all the time)

im not sure if the version of RTRP i have is 1.9 or...does this matter?
    Last edited by Snowball; August 03, 2007 at 08:05 AM.

The crash to descktop when starting a campaign or cusotm battle is usually related to the mwp.rwm files not being deleted. There is a guide in my sig about installing RTRPE and it also details the map.rwm part.
    oh and also, in custom battle i notice the number of men per unit is still around the same as before, was this changed or do i need to do something else with that?
    The number of men in a unit is defined by the video option. If you click on advance settings you will be able to set it to small, normal, large and huge. A unit that is 20 on small will be 40 in normal, 80 in large and 160 in huge.
    im not sure if the version of RTRP i have is 1.9 or...does this matter?
    It matters in the sense that RTRPE should have a few more fixes implemented then the previous versions. The far you get form v1.9 the more chances to have a less stable mod are.