Thread: Another CTD when occupying/enslaving/exterminating

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Another CTD when occupying/enslaving/exterminating

This is the same bug as in this thread, except this time I am playing as Pergamum and am besieging a Greek states city (the one south of Corinth whose name completely escapes me at the time of writing).
    I thought this problem was fixed in the hotfix, but apparently not.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Default Re: Another CTD when occupying/enslaving/exterminating

As no one appears to be responding to this, I've just used auto_win to continue the campaign, but it would be nice if this was fixed in RS2 as CTDs are very annoying especially if you forget to save before ending the turn.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Since there is little information, it's hard to tell why this is. There could be another unknown issue, or it could just be RTW rearing it's ugly CTD once in a while. City names, units in your army and theirs would help a lot to narrow this down.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Unfortunately I've overwritten the save, but I would be inclined to say that it is a RTW issue, as I managed to get it to crash in the same way on vanilla.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holiday (vacation).

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Nellup View Post
    Unfortunately I've overwritten the save, but I would be inclined to say that it is a RTW issue, as I managed to get it to crash in the same way on vanilla.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holiday (vacation).
    I'm really looking forward to our 'reworking' of the Greeks, because I think there are some 'buggy' units in here that I just can't seem to track down. They all perform well in Custom Battles, but these CTD's occur at random with Greek units, where they never seem to happen with Roman ones. Tells me there are 'quirks' in the units themselves.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father