Thread: Rome gold edition

Default Rome gold edition

Hi there, I read somewhere that the RTR mod is compatible with v1.5 of the game.

My doubt is if its compatible with Rome Gold Edition, because Rome is v1.3 end Barbarian Invasion is v1.6.

I tried to update the base game to v1.5 but the patch wont allow me because the game I have is the Gold Edition.

So, is it compatible?

thanks

Default Re: Rome gold edition

There has to be some confusion...
    IN RTW Gold, RTW should be v1.5. Plus, if you install BI v1.6 it upgrades the RTW from v1.3 to RTW v1.5.
    RTRPE is compatible with RTW v1.5 from the Gold Edition. You can even have Bi installed and it will still work.

thanks!

I remembered i messed around with the executable a while ago trying to make old games work, I replaced it with the original and its now 1.5 again

So, If I install RTR, BI will still works?

Yes, it should work.

By the way, Florin. I can confirm that some Gold packs were not patched to 1.5./1.6. Mine, for instance

Will try this mod I guess.

Is it better then SPQR (never played) to play as a greek?

So far I only tried the XGM mod with does preserve the original game, but got disapointed as I think they used roman models to make greek units (they all look like roman auxilia )

Is RTR a good mod in therm uf unit aditions and skins?

BTW, "Foundation" novels are great

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Yes, it should work.

By the way, Florin. I can confirm that some Gold packs were not patched to 1.5./1.6. Mine, for instance
    I've always wondered how some people could play RTR 6 Gold with RTW Gold. Which country did you buy the game (for future reference)?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

More importantly, was it on a DVD or on CDs? Because, as listed in my install guide, there is a version of RTW Gold on CDs where the Bi is v1.4 and it reverts RTW back to v1.3. MC had the misfortune to get on of these packs.