NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Default Favourite Race in TLD

Pick your favorite race!

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Favourite Race in TLD

I like gondor.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

I've only played Gondor and Rohan so far so I can't really pick a favorite but I really do like being a horse archer for Rohan.
    "Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith.
    Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

I've played as Rohan, the Elves(Lorien Elves incase anyone was wondering)and Gondor and I like Rohan the best. They are perfect for the Cavalry warfare I'm used to in vanilla M&B plus, they've got that wicked Anglo-Saxonesque amour that I love so much.Best part is, it barely resembles the stuff in the movies. (Which I hate, the amour that is, not the movies.) Gondor I only played for alittle bit and didn't get very far as I was kidnapped by Goblins and threw in the towel right there-and-then. And I also played a game as the Elves but they're not quite finished yet, so I wouldn't recommend them until future versions.

But yeah, Rohan beats all!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

In theory the elves, but since I cannot get my character to look definitely elvish and the faction doesn't seem as complete as the other factions I also chose Rohan.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Aye, Rohan is awesome, I would vote harad, but the look of the troops puts me off, they're fun to play and they're cool, but I prefer them looking like Arabo-ninjas.

Gondor... not quite the variety of cavalry that rohan has, but their knights are decent, especially the swan knights, and its backed up by far more impressive infantry line up than rohan, for those (rare) times were cavalry isn't always the best

So chaps

Im playing as Rohan and despite my destruction of two great hosts and a few lesser ones, Rohan has been crushed

where do I go from here

any point continuing with this game?

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Had to go with Gondor. For the White City!
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Nothing beats the Rohirrim, once lead by a decent player.

uruk. I love wielding enormous men-like things wielding enormous axes. They always have a bunch of cheap men at all the taverns too.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Elves.

Rider of Rohan. I also go up north from time to time to ask the aid of the Elves. The White Horse of Rohan will fly free on the Green Fields for all time!

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Yeah but the Elven forests can be a pain for the riders of Rohan.

I'm a loyal King's (Steward's) Man! Gondor all the way!

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Uruk. The potency of a human, with the evilness of an orc. As Isengard, you get an interesting play style - almost exclusively infantry based, but very potent against cavalry thanks to numerous pike based units.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

I'd have to say Gondor, it would be the Uruk-hai if I could find one of the swords that they use in the movie.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston