Thread: LOTR Music

Default LOTR Music

Is there a music pack I can download to put the lord or the rings music into the fatw new shadow mod? Thats all thats missing to make it really atmospheric and complete.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: LOTR Music

If you are referring to the soundtrack from the film then no, there is not as we do not use copyrighted materials in the mod.

There is a music pack for the mod which provides an excellent and immersive and varied replacement for the vanilla and which suits Middle-earth very well.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

If you own the soundtrack, you can put the music in yourself. Otherwise it is illegal.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

with FE, there was this really merry, happy music just when u start a battle, what's with that?
    Bad luck Jerry, third time lucky, eh?

Hopefully that's gone - arakorn did put in a few like that

Silent Hunter's Avatar Libertus

we do not use copyrighted materials in the mod
    And what is with the new music implemented in your actual music addon?? They are copyrighted by a professionell artist, named "David Arkenstone". The new tracks are from this CD wich costs 30,99€ at Amazon.de.

http://www.amazon.de/Music-Inspired-...7175485&sr=8-7

But however, i love the new music, it fits best to your mod
    "Und wer könnte einen Gegenangriff besser bringen als die Krauts?" Tom Clancy, Im Sturm (Original: Red Storm Rising)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    And what is with the new music implemented in your actual music addon?? They are copyrighted by a professionell artist, named "David Arkenstone". The new tracks are from this CD wich costs 30,99€ at Amazon.de.

http://www.amazon.de/Music-Inspired-...7175485&sr=8-7

But however, i love the new music, it fits best to your mod
    We do not use copyrighted music - without the artist's explicit consent!

I can assure you that I contacted Mr Arkenstone and gained his permission before using it in the mod. It is so with all the other music (which Arakorn and others have gained permission for).

We have had great support from music artists and other artists. Please do not suggest we have used any work without their permission. It simply is not so.

Silent Hunter's Avatar Libertus

I can assure you that I contacted Mr Arkenstone and gained his permission before using it in the mod. It is so with all the other music (which Arakorn and others have gained permission for).

We have had great support from music artists and other artists. Please do not suggest we have used any work without their permission. It simply is not so.
    I've thought that myself . I've never thought you are doing something illegal, since your mod is so perfect and popular until yet . And I really enjoy your music-addon, it is much better than for example the music-addon for RTR. And I've added some more tracks from my own music.

I only have to suggest you should rename all tracks so that you can see where it is used for. Maybe names like this:

battle_Northmen_1
    battle_Northmen_2
    battle_Dunedain_1
    campaign_Dunedain_1
    campaign_Dunedain_2
    prebattle_Barbarian
    victory_Haradrim

Than it would be much easier for you to add new music, and especially for players like me to add some of my own tracks.
    "Und wer könnte einen Gegenangriff besser bringen als die Krauts?" Tom Clancy, Im Sturm (Original: Red Storm Rising)

Uh, they are already like that... Not by culture as it will be too long (the filename), you see I (we) use a spreadsheet (Excel) to put in the music everywhere. So, I get what it's used for from the filename and it's culture from the spreadsheet.