Thread: A History of Italia

Default A History of Italia

Hello, I got a random burst of inspiration and figured I'd play a RTW game as the Julii, and do a history of Roman Italia, then I'd play MTW and play as Italy to give a History of Italy, with some Characters carrying faint hints of their Roman names.

Does this sound at all like a good idea?

Default Re: A History of Italia

In general yes, but belive me RTW is better then MTW!

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

do it!!!
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

I'll begin tonight. Btw, I'll play a BI game to make it a bit longer too. =)

Prolouge:

We are the true Masters of Rome, for hundreds of years my ancestors drove back the kings, the Greeks, and all the other minor tribes.

Now that we have united Italia under the Senate and the People of Rome that we look to bring the benefits to Civilization beyond Italy.

Doing this means fighting battles against the Barbarians, revenge against the Gauls. The war in Gaul will be over quickly, and when it ends, we'll take the fight to the Greeks, the Germans, the Spanish, and the Carthaginian defilers.

We will rule Italia!

Chapter 1,Part 1 of 3.

Unification of Northern Italia:

"We can not allow our nation to be bordered by these Barbarians any longer!" Screamed the voice of Flavius Julius.

"Here, here!" agreed most of the Senate.

"Which is why," Flavius continued "Why I propose we send an army from the regions of Eturia and Umbria governed by two of my sons, to conquer Northern Italia, and unite us as one people under our Roman Senate!"

"I agree!" said Flaminius Suetonius "A strong frontier would keep Barbarians away from the heartland of Rome!"

"I disagree Noble Senator, our main concern should be the security of Sicily from the Carthaginians and Greeks, which is why instead of funding the army of Flavius, we instead fund a army to wipe out the Greeks and take Syracuse!" retorted Quintus Scippio.

Flavius commented, "Quintus, we have funded an army for Sicily and I believe you have not yet seen it important enough to send the army to Sicily, you have not yet allowed Roman Ships to be built in the Region you govern."

"Bah, I need more funding to take Sicily, which would we rather have, fertile Sicilian lands, or stinking inhabitable Gaul lands?"

Flavius replied, "Quintus, once again, we have sent scouts that report Gaul as being quite fertile, but it is beside the point, we must take Northern Italia and united Italia under Rome."

Right as Quintus was about to retort Flaminius Suetonius said, "Gentleman, I suggest we take a vote."

The moderator looking mildly amused announced, "All those in favor of the army supported by the Northern Provinces of Etruia and Umbria say aye."

"AYE!" Screamed the majority of the Senate.

The moderator announced, "All those in favor of a fleet and army being trained and supported using Rome's treasury say aye."

"Aye." said Quintus Scippio.

The moderator said smiling, "It's settled then Vibius Julius may as soon as possible march to neutralize the threat of Gaul in Northern Italia."
    Last edited by Vladimir Lenin; July 26, 2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: mis-type

Book 1, Chapter 1, Part 2:

Battle of Liguria:

It was lightly raining, Vibius Julius scanned the countryside looking for any enemies he may not see.

"ALL CLEAR SIR!" Screamed one of the Centurions.

"Alright then Marcus, mobilize the men, we'll trap them in their narrow streets." Ordered Vibius Julius

"Yes, Sir!" Marcus Cornelius said.

Life was not a easy one for Marcus, he was poor and joined the army at the age of 14. His mother had gotten addicted to Wine, and his father was either dead or a prisoner of the Gauls. Marcus Cornelius had no land so he could'nt meet the land requirment, although Vibius Julius saw something in the young man of Marcus Cornelius lying for him saying he was his son.

Marcus it turned out had something in him. It was his brilliant advice and scouting that saved Vibius from a brutal ambush.

Marcus lead his group of Hastati at a slow march towards one side, while Vibius signaled that the other group of Hastati on the other side of the village.

Vibius went across to the Eastern side of the Village, Marcus Cornelius was at the Southern end, and the other group of Hastati was at the Northern end. The western end was protected from routers by a unit of quick Velites and Triarii.

At Vibus's signal Marcus's two units closed in and threw their Pila. Then the group from the North threw their Pila, then the two rushed in causing near instant route.

Then to complete the panic Vibius charged forward wiping out the left over men.

Eight Romans died in that Battle their names are as followed:

Valerius Maximus
    Stalivis Solonis
    Octavius Serbavis
    Marius Dexter
    Equitus Aquilinus
    Marcus Tullius
    Cornelius Brutii
    Eborius Gallius

We drink to the memory of these brave men.

Book 1, Chapter 1, Part 2:

As scribe to the Julii Family I have taken it upon myself to record the things that happened during the time of Unification of Northern Italia till the end of the Civil War.

~~Note from the Compiler of these Ancient Bookes~~

I am sad to report that while I was searching for the entire story of the Julii dominance, my records stop at the end of the Civil War, because it was then when the son of Quintus Scippio, Gaius Scippio burned the Library to try to hide the over achivements of the Julii in Italia and the world.

My Sincere Apologies

~Keeper of the Bookes of Olde
    Avarius Federalus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle of Liguria:

It was lightly raining, Vibius Julius scanned the countryside looking for any enemies he may not see.

"ALL CLEAR SIR!" Screamed one of the Centurions.

"Alright then Marcus, mobilize the men, we'll trap them in their narrow streets." Ordered Vibius Julius

"Yes, Sir!" Marcus Cornelius said.

Life was not a easy one for Marcus, he was poor and joined the army at the age of 14. His mother had gotten addicted to Wine, and his father was either dead or a prisoner of the Gauls. Marcus Cornelius had no land so he could'nt meet the land requirment, although Vibius Julius saw something in the young man of Marcus Cornelius lying for him saying he was his son.

Marcus it turned out had something in him. It was his brilliant advice and scouting that saved Vibius from a brutal ambush.

Marcus lead his group of Hastati at a slow march towards one side, while Vibius signaled that the other group of Hastati on the other side of the village.

Vibius went across to the Eastern side of the Village, Marcus Cornelius was at the Southern end, and the other group of Hastati was at the Northern end. The western end was protected from routers by a unit of quick Velites and Triarii.

At Vibus's signal Marcus's two units closed in and threw their Pila. Then the group from the North threw their Pila, then the two rushed in causing near instant route.

Then to complete the panic Vibius charged forward wiping out the left over men.

Eight Romans died in that battle their names are as followed:

Valerius Maximus
    Stalivis Solonis
    Octavius Serbavis
    Marius Dexter
    Equitus Aquilinus
    Marcus Tullius
    Cornelius Brutus
    Eborius Gallius

We drink to the memory of these brave men. Condolences have been and these brave men will go to the Illeysian Fields.

To be cont.

Yeah I like this story! Keep up

Leondias

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

Me too. Hopefully they kill some Greeks soon.
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Pretty good story! cant wait to hear more

Nice AAR

why u stopped?

Ahh the story of my life, another promising AAR abandoned

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

I thought of doing this with my AAR but it nearly 99% chanche i will get tired of it before, i would want to after i do my current AAR ( signature ) expand with the Eastern Roman EMpire and then the Byzantize but its probably never going to happen but its my goal