Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or high end computer

Icon11 PS3 or high end computer

ok Im really confused now.should I buy a computer with quad cpu and 3 GB ram and good graphic card or just buy a ps3??

I already have a laptop and even if I buy a desktop it would only be for gaming.
    will the gaming market of PC remain strong in future and new games come??
    wich one has more benefits?
    can I connect PS3 to a monitor??
    can I go to internet with ps3 with wireless router system of my home?
    thanks in advance

Default Re: PS3 or high end computer

You want something that will connect to a monitor (for high definition).
    You want something that will allow you to browse the internet.
    You want something that has a strong lineup of awsome looking games coming out.

Go the high-end PC. For a few reasons more than the above.
    1. You can also use it for school/study.
    2. It isn't ridiculously overpriced (seriously, you want a PS3, wait a year, it will have a good lineup of games and be a decent price by then).
    3. Software programmers are new to multiple core programming. So much so that they currently struggle to write programs that take advantage of more than 2 cores, and as yet cannot fully take advantage of more than 4. (In other words, hardware is, for the first time in my memory, advancing faster than software). So your high end cpu will be fine for a longer period of time, except for perhaps the graphics card.

Of course, you are asking this in the basement, so most answers will be pro-PC, but I'd say go the PC anyway.

Another reason.

User made game modifications.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by maximusarian View Post
    ok Im really confused now.should I buy a computer with quad cpu and 3 GB ram and good graphic card or just buy a ps3??

I already have a laptop and even if I buy a desktop it would only be for gaming.
    will the gaming market of PC remain strong in future and new games come??
    wich one has more benefits?
    can I connect PS3 to a monitor??
    can I go to internet with ps3 with wireless router system of my home?
    thanks in advance
    What sort of games do you like play?

I would say high end PC, but what exactly is your budget if you go high end? A PC is a whole lot more versatile.

PCs do not get supplemented every twenty minutes (see: PS3); go for a decent one and it'll last you a good few years.

My entirely subjective argument, anyway, is that PC games are far, far better than console ones.
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I'll be the odd ball and say buy the PS3, though neither is a terribly wise choice. Spending more than $1500 on a computer is really a waste since your hard is going to depreciate in value quite fast. If you spent say $4000 on a great rig within two years (if not sooner) you would be able to buy a an equivilant pc for a $1000. Beyond a certain point you are paying a hefty premium for only marginal performance gains. So think about in 2 years you will have seen $3000 in value pissed away for a few extra frames per second. PS3 might have a little longer life span, but as soon as a new generation of game consoles comes out it will be worthless too.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

BWB; you're wrong (about the PS3. ) The PSOne was really living for a long time even after PS2 came out. And look at the PS2 too; God of War 2 came out when the "next gen consoles" had already come out!

BTW, I'd go for PC, though if you play only sports and racing games, the PS3 could be good...

But if you play FPS or Strategy games (or other "advanced games such as FM 2007), go for PC.

There really aren't any good games that are being released now, most of the next gen games are for the consoles so th PC market is dead for now.
    PS. Get a 64 Bit operating system as Micro is no longer supporting 32 bit anymore.

What?

Bioshock, Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed, Crysis...

PS. Get a 64 Bit operating system as Micro is no longer supporting 32 bit anymore.
    ?

Grab vista, sure, but run 32bit - 64bit is a nightmare for gaming wrt driver support at the moment and not something I'd recommend.

You're gonna need 64 bit later, micro is no longer supporting 32 bit.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Clone View Post
    What is all this 'Micro' I keep reading! :hmmm:

Microsoft...........................

so the gaming market of pc will be alive in future??and thanks to all of you.

so the gaming market of pc will be alive in future??and thanks to all of you.
    I can't see it collapsing any time soon, if ever

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Clone View Post
    Nonsense.

Microsoft is going to continue to support 32-bit operating systems, both XP SP2 and Vista, for years to come...

it depends how high end. if i was in your shoes i would be wondering how long will the PC be high end for? how long before games start needing even better than what a high end PC can currently do? with any console you know that for about 5 years you can play any game that comes along and that those games are going to gradually push the boundaries of what that console can do, in 5 years time will a PC still be compatible with the newest games? will it have fps issues?
    having said that a PC can do other things too plus if you get a high end one you can play MTW2 on high settings
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Xbox 360

And

build your own mid-to high end computer
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    What?

Bioshock, Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed, Crysis...
    Lost Planet
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

A Playstation is a lot less expensive than a high end PC. So I don't even understand the question here.
    Sponsored by the Last Roman

Playstation 3, alot of games coming next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast