Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk Bollywood

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Default Re: Lets talk Bollywood

Bollywood???

Oi don't's knows about awe yoo sissies, but tha Captain's bolls be made o' brass!!!
    YARGLE YARGLE YARGLE!!!
    Anyhoo, where does dey get awe them bootiful bollywood floxies from?? Big eyes an' wasp like waists. Oi'd fall in luv wi' em if dey weren't shriekin' an' dancin' awe tha toime!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IndianPrince View Post
    And are you of Indian Origin ??? Thats quite an extensive knowledge of Bollywood. I must say im impressed ... *props*

Prince
    Naw, I've no Indian blood in me as far as I'm aware, I just think they're great fun. Sometimes I think Hollywood takes itself far too seriously, whereas I like the sheer escapism of Bollywood, and you can always rely on them to camp it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Bollywood???

Oi don't's knows about awe yoo sissies, but tha Captain's bolls be made o' brass!!!
    YARGLE YARGLE YARGLE!!!
    Anyhoo, where does dey get awe them bootiful bollywood floxies from?? Big eyes an' wasp like waists. Oi'd fall in luv wi' em if dey weren't shriekin' an' dancin' awe tha toime!
    And as for you, you fwightful wuffian, you keep your bwass balls to yourself, as you've pwobably not washed them in a month! You just look out that us sissy boys don't come wound and stwip you and thwow you in the bwiny and scwub those barnacles off you!

And keep your beedy eyes off of those Indian lovelies - they're far too refwined for the likes of you.

Bollywood???

YARGLE YARGLE YARGLE!!!
    Speak english !!! U from the south ???

Prince
    Growing Up In The Universe <- Check It Out !!!

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    And as for you, you fwightful wuffian, you keep your bwass balls to yourself, as you've pwobably not washed them in a month! You just look out that us sissy boys don't come wound and stwip you and thwow you in the bwiny and scwub those barnacles off you!
    ....cum ta tink o' it, ma bolls doo 'ave a lot o rust on' em.....

And keep your beedy eyes off of those Indian lovelies - they're far too refwined for the likes of you.
    Y-har!! Oi tosses 'em o'er ma shoulder an' its off ta my brig, tha "Ruddy Waif". YO-HO-HO!!!

....cum ta tink o' it, ma bolls doo 'ave a lot o rust on' em.....

Y-har!! Oi tosses 'em o'er ma shoulder an' its off ta my brig, tha "Ruddy Waif". YO-HO-HO!!!
    Stupid southerner pirates ... i knew i should've brought along some pigs for bartering !!!

Indefinitely Banned

Maybe it's time Bollywood did a "Pirates of the Indian Ocean - The Curse of Captain Arrrgh!", and perhaps we could persuade the good cap'n to play himself - if he could learn to dance and sing.

If not, I'm sure one of the Khan's would step in. :laughing:

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Lol, anyway Indian occean was another big pirate ground in the past, may be a Pirate of Indian Ocean is not a bad idea.

By the way, a question, why every Indian movie must have dancing and singing???

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Lol, anyway Indian occean was another big pirate ground in the past, may be a Pirate of Indian Ocean is not a bad idea.

By the way, a question, why every Indian movie must have dancing and singing???
    Yes having a "Pirates Of The Indian Ocean" would indeed be a good idea ... NOT !!! ROFL

And no not all bollywood movies have songs & dances ... thats just a stereotype !!! There are many movies that are songless & danceless and pretty good too ... but what the songs & dances do in the Indian movie is accelerate the plot ... it would rather be pointless if you didn't know the language or dont have subtitles to help you but songs several times are there for "relief" as well ... u know just some random song pops up to "relieve" the audience of the "nerve wrecking mystery"/ "melodramatic scenes" ... or just to compliment them.

So yeah thats what the song/dance sequences are for

Prince

I'll have you know most of the good Indian chart songs that come on the radio come directly from films! Especially Partner, at the moment, a ******** film but great songs.

And, the songs have just been in there since Bollywood began. Its just a part of the film.

The stereotype of no kissing or sex has been thrown out now, too. Naqaab, one I watched last week, had some kissing and sex. True, it wasn't too hardcore, barely soft, but sex there was.

bollywood just reminds me of old school hollywood where all the films burst into spontaneous spectacular dance/song sequences...which is odd. not my cup of tea
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    bollywood just reminds me of old school hollywood where all the films burst into spontaneous spectacular dance/song sequences...which is odd. not my cup of tea
    Do you mean 'musicals'?

I can stand bollywood, every time the entire cast collectively back up into a proverbial doorknob and break into song I little bit of me dies.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shaba Wangy View Post
    I can stand bollywood, every time the entire cast collectively back up into a proverbial doorknob and break into song I little bit of me dies.
    Each to their own matey.

Myself, I don't enjoy films like Private Ryan etc. What's so fantastic about seeing the depiction of fit young guys in their prime being slaughtered in a wash of blood and gore.

I like my fantasies with a different kind of colour thank you.

On the topic of bollywood, last night I met a few actors on holiday. I'm staying at the Marriott and there was a model agency's party, one model being the Shilpa Shetty. Also met Karan Johal (director of Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum and Kal Ho Naa Ho), Sushmita Sehn, and that Arjun guy, tall with quite long hair, can't remember his name. It was a blast.

Also, had a long conversation with a new actor, last name Davda can't remember his first, who'll be doing a cameo in Shantaraam which stars Jonny Depp, Bipasha and Amitabh Bachan.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat View Post
    On the topic of bollywood, last night I met a few actors on holiday. I'm staying at the Marriott and there was a model agency's party, one model being the Shilpa Shetty. Also met Karan Johal (director of Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum and Kal Ho Naa Ho), Sushmita Sehn, and that Arjun guy, tall with quite long hair, can't remember his name. It was a blast.

Also, had a long conversation with a new actor, last name Davda can't remember his first, who'll be doing a cameo in Shantaraam which stars Jonny Depp, Bipasha and Amitabh Bachan.

You jammy bugger! I'm dead jealous. I'd love to have a beer with Shahrukh (if he drinks that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    You jammy bugger! I'm dead jealous. I'd love to have a beer with Shahrukh (if he drinks that is).
    I dont think he does ... Islam doesn't allow it & i think he's pretty religious but i think his wife does cuz she's hindu

Anyways ... the point being that yeah i'd love to sit & chat with bollywood celebrities. Its like every Indian's dream ... well almost every Indian.

Prince

By the way guys i watched this movie called "Parzania" ... beautiful. It is truly one of the masterpieces in the history of Cinema. Gr8 work by Sarika & Naseeruddin Shah (both veteran actors) ... The story is about the Godhra Riots (in Gujurat) ... the brutality of the genocide & how an American doing his thesis on Gandhi witnesses all the carnage. Also the parsi (or zoroastrian) family coping with the loss of the son & the rape of a daughter (minor) ... is done so well

I really want people to watch this movie ... its REALLY good

Prince

Domesticus

Iam not a big fan hindi movies, they are all soo predictable, and the plot is the same for 95% of all bollywood movies. On the otherhand, my girlfriend loves them, she waches a lot of them and dances to the songs.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm not into dance spectaculars either. I saw one movie about some bandit queen though, and if I remember correctly, it was good and contained no prancing about singing.

The Bandit Queen was definitely a good movie ... i also like such realistic movies with no random dance & song sequences. Hate those yet sometimes they are fun if they have a good beat to it. Parzania also doesn't have songs & is in english depicting how Hindus, Muslims, Parsis, Buddhists, etc lived together only to be torn apart by communalism. It is based on a real story of a boy who's gone missing in the Godhra riots & his parents are still searching for him & the film is dedicated to him & many more who went "missing"

Prince

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast