Thread: Hotseat problems

Default Hotseat problems

Hi guys,

I apologize for what I'm about to ask as I'm sure that it's been posted before, but I've searched and searched and cannot find the answers that I need.

Currently, I'm playing a Hotseat campaing in Stainless Steel with a friend of mine (England/Templars). My friend is playing England and I'm Templars. It's the first time that I've tried Hotseat and I've encountered a few things that I'm curious if there are resolutions to.

1) Turn Resolutions: we are having a hard time with turn resolutions. What we are doing is saving the game PRIOR to the user hitting the End Turn button and sending the saved game as such. Then, the next user will load the game, hit End Turn and begin their turn. We did it that way b/c we found that if you ended your turn and then sent the saved game at that point, the next user would miss out on diplomacy/battles/etc that would occurn b/w rounds. Or so we thought. It still seems that we are missing that as the turn doesn't truly end until after both factions have done their turn. In this case, until after the Templars have done their turn. It only makes that gong sound as though the turn is ending only after the Templar turn (if that helps) But now we are running into problems where the Templars are missing out on trade negotions/battles/etc and the England player is having to act/decide for the Templar users behalf. Example: Templar turn ends, before hitting End Turn-save file and send to England, England user loads game and hits End Turn and gets turn notificaiton tiles for England IN ADDITION to a trade request from Egypt to the Templars. So, my question is: how do you set up the Hotseat so that each side will have the abitlity to act b/w turns? Or is there a way? I'm sorry if I didn't explain this well.

2) Tile Notification: Templars are not getting any tile notifiation b/w turns. When the Templar team loads the game and hits End Turn, no tile notifications are coming down the side of the screen. I did a test and just ran through that turn, Englands next turn and cycled it back around to the Templars and they DO appear then. But somehow, when the saved game is sent from the England player to the Templar player, the Templar team isn't receiving the tile notificaitons (England still is though). In the early game, that's not so bad as there isn't much to miss, but later on, that dog won't hunt. Any ideas why this occurs?

I'm hoping that we are not doing the turn resolution correctly or something and that's what is causing BOTH problems, but I can't to figure it out or find it on the forums (doesn't look like anyone has had this problem before). Which leads me to think that it's something that I'm doing wrong.

Basically, we just want the turns b/w users to act and respond as though there was a single player for each faction (notices, battles, tile notifications, etc). I'm sure that there is a way to do this since there seems to be many, many Hotseat games that have lots of players by the look of things on the forums. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Default Re: Hotseat problems

I'm having the same problem with the end of turn tile notification messages not showing up (or most of them anyway). I play my turn and then save and send the file so when the game is loaded from the save, the player hits end turn and then waits for their turn to come up. I get the end of turn summary report and any mission notifications and any new prince notices, but I do NOT get the building and unit summary reports.

Any ideas out there, or are these just not meant to come up?

FYI - I'm running the 1.2 patch and I do NOT have Kingdoms.

Save in the between screen, not before or after.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

We've tried saving before hitting 'End Turn' and sending the file and we've also tried saving after hitting 'End Turn' and the result seems to be the same.

Not sure what you mean by 'save in the between screen'......

Oh I missread your question. I never noticed the building and unit notifications, in fact I forgot that they were even supposed to come up. I guess it's just how it is, I get all the important notifications though.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

I'm curious which notifications you get. I do get some of them, such as the end of turn report but the ones I really use are the buildings completed report and the units completed report. Do you get those?