Thread: An idea for version 1.1

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default An idea for version 1.1

I actually have 2 ideas:
    Adding a new faction, Yemen. Yemen was a very important country and I think it should be represented. it was a very importan Arab and Muslim city, and on of it's capitals, Zabid, was a center of the muslim world.
    another suggestion is a new BC campaign, that focuses the spliting of the Mongol Empire into four parts, that three of them are shown on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Default Re: An idea for version 1.1

Yemen sounds cool, cuz if I'm remebering correctly there is going to be a large swath of nothingness in the Arabian peninsula and adding Yemen as a faction would be a good reason to populate the peninsula with some settlements.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Did Yemen have any standing military to speak of? If not, I highly doubt it ever being included.

The Nizaris were requested but denied because they didn't have a respectable enough military.

I don't get what you're asking on the second part, splitting the Mongol into 4 factions? Unnecessary work IMO.

P.S. If any faction gets added to the Arabian Peninsula it would probably be the Omanis, they have a unique and diverse army and would fill the void.

Indefinitely Banned

Lets finish BC 1.0 first

If we ever even do 1.1 it will most likely involve rehauls of Byz, Turks/Ottomans and perhaps even Mongol & Timurid units.

But I'm not even thinking about any new factions. We have enough on our plate as it is.

BC has 15 factions already, 11 of which are completely redone and original. 15 in the future if Mongols, Rum Turks, Byzantines and Timurids get redone. I'd say thats pretty damn impressive.

Ass kissing aside, I agree the Arabian Peninsula needs some loving, it's pretty barren down there. Omani faction ftw!
    Last edited by The Mongol; July 23, 2007 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Lets finish BC 1.0 first

If we ever even do 1.1 it will most likely involve rehauls of Byz, Turks/Ottomans and perhaps even Mongol & Timurid units.

But I'm not even thinking about any new factions. We have enough on our plate as it is.
    I would suggest the Zengids for 1.1 if the Makurians prove to be too much for Egypt, as it would help balance out against the KoJ. They would be fairly easy to do, similar to how the Timurids and Ottomans would be (The former not really requiring a lot of unique stuff, and the latter requiring only some Ottoman units - not a full blown roster).

I've been doing a lot of research into possible venues for expansions in later updates, but I've stopped doing so since we really hit Crunch time with finishing the Ayyubids. It's difficult to say so far down the road if we will be adding any more, but I am not opposed to the throwing around of ideas in the mean time, so long as it is fully known that we may not ever attempt the factions mentioned.

Oman has been given some thought because we recognize one of the chief rulers of the region (The Nabhanid Dynasty) and because of their dynasty's long period of existence. We also have an idea of what their roster would be like - A Carthage Esque Army of Tribal Arabs, Native Omanis, Africans, Southeast Asians, and assorted Asiatic Mercenaries (Afghans, Baluchis, ect).

Do you have some information on Yemen? The Kingdoms within it during this time, how long their dynasties lasted, and so forth? From what I know Saladin had sent a brother of his down to conquer Yemen (And he did) to establish a safe haven for the Ayyubid Family in case Nur Al-Din chose to invade Egypt.
    Last edited by Ahiga; July 23, 2007 at 01:40 AM.

I agree with Ahiga that it might be helpful, gameplay wise, to have someone down there if KOJ and Makuria decide to join up and kick the crap out of the Ayyubids every time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    Did Yemen have any standing military to speak of? If not, I highly doubt it ever being included.

The Nizaris were requested but denied because they didn't have a respectable enough military.
    But then what faction will be in Saudi Arabia? It will be nice to have a faction in that far flung area to spice it up. Better than a rebel wasteland but i'm not advocating my support for any faction in this area as i know nothing of its history

The Omani faction was an idea thrown out there, which I think everyone praised. *hint hint*

It would basically be the Carthage of MTW2, completely unique, exotic and diverse roster with troops accumulated from surrounding areas.

If and only if We are to consider adding new factions past 1.1, then we can give consideration towards an Omani Faction to exist in the Arabian Peninsula, representing the Nabhanid Dynasty.

Mind you, currently we have no set plans on doing factions after 1.0. That's not to say we've planned to do no new factions, but there are no plans for us to make any new ones. When 1.0 is done and if we choose to discuss it will be when we discuss and consider it.

I realize that, but I shall continue to dog the team until you have nightmares about coding and skinning the Omani faction. /badjoke

To reiterate myself from another thread: I'm happy with the faction list, the Makurians were a pleasant surprise. Blah blah walking advertisement.

Where's my "BC Ass-kisser Extraordinaire" title? I got 2000+ posts, half of which are kissing BC teams ass/sucking their collective member.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    I realize that, but I shall continue to dog the team until you have nightmares about coding and skinning the Omani faction. /badjoke

To reiterate myself from another thread: I'm happy with the faction list, the Makurians were a pleasant surprise. Blah blah walking advertisement.

Where's my "BC Ass-kisser Extraordinaire" title? I got 2000+ posts, half of which are kissing BC teams ass/sucking their collective member.
    I'll give it to you if you never ever mention 'Collective member of BC team' ever again.

You know you liked it, ballerina.

Indefinitely Banned

Don't worry mongol, we all know you're a great and supportive fan. Unlike some (I'm looking at you Yoda).

Okay, I'll show you some pictures of myself at the beach and we can call it even, kay?

Here they are:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Let the guys make the first BC before we talk about making next version.
    ´Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    ´He who does not know how to be silent will not know how to speak.
    ´Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
    -Imagination is more important than knowledge...

Oooh nice pics mirage.

Beauchamp's Avatar Semisalis

Yemen sounds great, except its not Oman. So sorry, not gonna happen...