Thread: [FATW AAR] The Fall of Gondor.

Default [FATW AAR] The Fall of Gondor.

((The Fourth age forums aren't working for me, but I'll post my AAR here too))

The Prince Amandil, Lord of Mordor was sitting on his throne in the rebuilt tower of the moon.
    He was alone, save for a tall hooded man, old beyond years, sitting on a small chair behind the princes throne.
    "My Lord," The Man croaked, and his voice held wisdom that even Amandil, son of Kings, could not ignore, "What word from your father?”
    Amandil reread the scroll his father had sent him, his face hardened, from the despair it had shown a moment before.
    “My father, Aldarion, King of Gondor and Arnor, has laid down the crown, passing it on the Cemendur, his son.” For a moment his voice fell, and grief passed over his face, “He bids me to come to the coronation.”
    “So,” said Herumor “We come to it, the fall of Gondor. No doubt he forced your father lay lat down his crown before his time. Ar-Pharzon’s spirit lives on it seems.”
    Amandil rose from the throne, thinking back to legends of Numenor, there had been an Amandil then too; he had fought to save the Edain. Could this Amandil do the same?
    “He’s my brother” he wept.
    “Elendil was kin to Ar-Phrazon as well” Mused Herumor, “And Cemendur has taken the mind of your father, trapped in the kings palace of Minas Tirith, soon he will fall under your brothers spell wholly, and he will not call you his son.”

Amandil fell to his knees, fear rising through him.

There was a clamor outside, the challenge of the guard, and then entered a man. Of height blood he was, however there was something of his eyes, a dark look of blackness which, had Amandil not wanted to see it, was in Herumor as well.
    “Palantir,” said Herumor, “What bring you here? Away from your duties?”
    Palantir was a captain under Cemendur.
    “The King my lord, he has crossed the river with a large force of arms, he say’s it is merely a tour of his lands, but we know, he wants your loyalty, and will go to war for it”.
    “What are you saying” said Amandil, his voice rising and he drew himself up to his full height and placed his hand on his sword, “You come to my house, why? Do you seek my thanks, or maybe you lie hoping to strike my brother, so he can get support! Nay,” he cried, “ Elessar was my Grandsire, and I know your kind, wormtouge!”
    “My Lord,” said Herumor “He speaks the truth, traitor though he is, he speaks no lie. Your brother seeks to destroy you.”

So it was, two day’s later, Amandil spoke before Minas Ithil, and claimed the title of King, passing on his own title, lord of Mordor, to Palantir.

And the garrison of Minas Ithil, marched out.

Cemendur had retreated back over the river, and camped in the pelenor. This seemed good to Amandil, for he hoped that once his father saw his army, he would sally out and fall on Cemendurs back.
    However as Amandil marched through Osgiliath messages came to him. His father disowned him, and the garrison of Minas Anor was prepared to fight him.
    Amandil halted the march, his father had been bewitched, hope had fallen, now to make a defense of the east worthy of song, and so he proclaimed himself king of a new realm, a realm in exile.
    Herumor however opened Amandil’s eyes to the danger they were in, Adarion’s disowning of his son spread, then the whole of Gondor would hate them. Moreover, the bewitched Aladarion was a danger to everyone, not least himself, and had to be rescued from Camendur, and if that could not be done, he must be killed to free his spirit.

And so at the end of the year 238 of the third age, the servants of Aldarion found him dead, his throat cut.

The Kingdom of Adunabar had risen, against the new shadow of Cemendur.

My Lord" Said Herumor, "Do not despair, there is hope yet."
    Amandil laughed looking out at Minas Ithil, "Hope, we have no hope, Nalokhor must defend the east, he cannot help us. Cemendur has but to siege the city, we could not resist for long."

The other Lords in the council agreed in despair, it had all gone wrong at Osgiliath, victory was so near, but it eluded him.

"My Lord," said a noble "Cemendur will not attack for a while, his force lost a third, but he was injured, and his bodyguard were all destroyed say 6. Perhaps we could gain more followers."
    "With what money!" Said the king, " Nalokhor can sack city after city in the east, still we will be destroyed, and the Haradrhim move north! Hope is lost."

"My lord, we hold Minas Ithil even with our army lost, we could hold him for years, decades even, he will not pass into Mordor, the pass will be blocked with his dead first."
    A few cheers broke out.

Shouts came from the city, "The Haradrhim are in Andrast! Cemendur is delayed, we may still live"

The Lords and Nobles bowed and left the chamber, there faith in Amandil shaken after the disaster at Osgiliath. A Hundred score of troops dead, the rest retreated to the city.
    Amandil hit the wall with his fist, he was so close, Cemendur was on the bridge with 6 bodyguards, with all his infantry with him, the out numbered and out manned Faithful were falling back, but hope still lived, if Cemendur was destroyed, an in less than a minute the entire cavalry of Adunabar would have hit his rear, but seconds before he did, a rout broke out, and the battle was lost, and Amandil had to run for his life.

"My Lord, there is a way"
    Amandil turned to Herumor, his anger at his defeat made him look at Herumor differently. Who was he? Where did he come from, what did he want? Did he foresee the disaster? It was he who told Amandil to go round Osgiliath's main bridge and flank them, and then the rumor spread that the king had fled.
    Amandil placed his had on his sword hilt. And approached Herumor his eyes shining.
    Herumor made no move, but his eyes drifted off, as if seeing something far away.
    For Amandil, though he did not know, had reminded Herumor suddenly of Elessar.
    "My lord," said Herumor, "There is hope left" and his voice had the power over the king. And the light faded from the kings eyes.
    "A way?" he sounded confused, “But there is no men, no money".
    "But my lord" and a thin smile spread over his wrinkled face, "We do not need men".

((I've played the next chapter, Cemendur seiges Minas Ithil, and the Faithfull plunge into despair as they lose all there money, and dark rumours spread.))

(The forums working for me now
    It stopped again, the servers realy slow...)

Cemendur attepts to end the war, I'll filled this in later, but heres the result...
    Last edited by Alatar; July 22, 2007 at 08:25 PM.

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Fall of Gondor.

wats this?
    Bad luck Jerry, third time lucky, eh?

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

lol! Are you serious ljuboja?

Well done Alatar really good. Maybe a few more screenshots? But I'm not complaining

A AAR of course

I've done more in the actually forums though.

ljuboja's Avatar Civis

i'm not complaining, i just dont know what it is
    Bad luck Jerry, third time lucky, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ljuboja View Post
    i'm not complaining, i just dont know what it is
    It's an AAR (After Action Report).