Thread: diplomats?

Default diplomats?

i dont think this is is bug but it is fustrating.

in campaign why do enemy diplomats come to one of your cities and stand there as if they are going to bring up that message screen but they never do? also whats wierd is i have follow AI off yet when i end turn the camera will focus on a diplomat stood next to my city he will do a little shake but no message and then carrys on the AI turns.

another problem is one faction will attack my city in war so i ceased fire and allied with him then every other turn he would just put my city under siege again and be back at war?

Default Re: diplomats?

They are trying to bribe your cities. Otherwise you'd get the diplomacy window.

A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
    --George Patton

Hell hath no fury like a non-combatant.
    --Charles Edward Montague

Oscar Wilde was a child molester. Quoting him doesn't mean that you're smart...you're just promoting a homosexual pedophile.
    --Sgt. Schultz

how do you stop em?
    i pushed em away once with my army but how you stop them long term it is annoying.

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

Train assassins and use them.

are assassins the same as spys? if not what factions have them? how you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by gazdagod View Post
    are assassins the same as spys? if not what factions have them? how you get them?
    all factions have assassins, they're not available until you build...the forum(trader/market/forum)...I'm pretty sure it's the forum

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

It's the third in line in of the trade buildings. Forum for romans, Agora for greeks. Train a few assassins, then let them get exp on enemy assassins or rebel captains and then take out diplos. Some of them can be hard to kill if they have high influence.