Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334

Thread: [Mod] The Last Days (TLD)

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: [Mount&Blade] The Last Days

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    Well this really didn't capture the magic of the original not even a smidgen. I adored playing the first one over and over again and wasted hundreds of hours on it.

I didn't give this one 12 hours (not even sure I gave it 4). Maybe its just bugs and stuff but...I dunno. Bit like the original halo, nothing ever really seemed to recreate that experience.
    Played it a bit more this morning, and unfortunately I have to agree. Once the mod came out, I started up a game as a Dwarf (my favourite race) and was having a great time. But after a while it just became very repetitive, far more than the native M&B in my opinion. The lack of sieges is a real problem, I think. It's around day 200 in my game and I've yet to witness a siege up in the north, nevermind fight in one. I've absolutely crushed the Orcs of the north but can't finish them off because no Dwarf commander goes near the Misty Mountains. Don't get me wrong I don't want a totally siege dependant mod. I much prefer a majority of land battles with a few sieges but the original M&B had a fine balance in my opinion.

So I went south to help Rohan but another thing that annoys me is that it's very hard to go from Warband back to the original and the lack of features. The lack of a weekly budget screen or productive enterprises really bugs me and takes away from the enjoyment.

Other than that, there is just something holding me back from enjoying it but I don't know what it is

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Played it a bit more this morning, and unfortunately I have to agree. Once the mod came out, I started up a game as a Dwarf (my favourite race) and was having a great time. But after a while it just became very repetitive, far more than the native M&B in my opinion. The lack of sieges is a real problem, I think. It's around day 200 in my game and I've yet to witness a siege up in the north, nevermind fight in one. I've absolutely crushed the Orcs of the north but can't finish them off because no Dwarf commander goes near the Misty Mountains. Don't get me wrong I don't want a totally siege dependant mod. I much prefer a majority of land battles with a few sieges but the original M&B had a fine balance in my opinion.

So I went south to help Rohan but another thing that annoys me is that it's very hard to go from Warband back to the original and the lack of features. The lack of a weekly budget screen or productive enterprises really bugs me and takes away from the enjoyment.

Other than that, there is just something holding me back from enjoying it but I don't know what it is
    Sorry to break your fun but there is a patch out that fixes all this
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Sorry to break your fun but there is a patch out that fixes all this
    That would probably do the opposite of break my fun

Does it have weekly budget screens and the enterprises and that? Also, how are sieges now?

Guess I shouldn't be using this thread for updates so

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: [Mod] The Last Days (TLD)

So years of hard work and the enthusiasm just petered and died with everyone I've encountered.

What a suckfest. Was one of the most awesome mods going, its recreation sucked ass.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Can anyone help with this? This is the only problem, it seems. The game goes through the loading to the main screen but then freezes once the loading bar fills completely, so I exit and I see this message.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Reinstall? Looks like it needs that shader.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Didn't work
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

That's an install screw up on your part, look on their forums.

Also the game is now open source, I'm teaching myself python to mod it.

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

The Warband version has been released and so far it seems much faster and more stable, although wargs do cause crash and it effectively bars me from helping orcs. Regen rate is weird no matter how I set it - Wood elves got 200+ men just after one night, and erebor got 500 fresh troops after two days.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    The Warband version has been released and so far it seems much faster and more stable, although wargs do cause crash and it effectively bars me from helping orcs. Regen rate is weird no matter how I set it - Wood elves got 200+ men just after one night, and erebor got 500 fresh troops after two days.
    most of the major bugs have already been patched and released in hotfixes search around here https://trello.com/b/ntzYNdEA/the-la...e-warband-port

also there's going to be a patch soon (as you can see in the "done list") all the major problems are fixed and one some formation issues are up, anyway expect that during april a stable version to be up
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod