Thread: Help with install

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Default Help with install

I have a big logical problem .
    When I extract 2.4 in MTW2 folder it asks me to change southeuropean files smth .Why - because there're two folders 'data' in R&PM2.4's package one inside R&PM2.4 folder and one outside separately .The latest contradict with MTW2 original 'data' folder since it can be only one data file inside one folder.
    I already messed up original MTW2's data by agreeing to replace it ,yet the mod won't run
    I have original box-game in case you wonder ,but that logical impossibility to have inside MTW2 folder two data files one MTW2 and one smaller from RP&M2.4 which I can not solve .
    Last edited by Edelward; July 21, 2007 at 07:56 AM.
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Help with install

The shortest way to solve your dilemna is to delete all traces of regionsmodbm including bat and cfg files. The data folder in M2TW folder is the one that came with the game.
    The data folder in hte regionsmodbm folder is the mod's data folder. It contains everything changed. What's not in it, the game reads from the original.
    When you reinstall it, let the installer do its job. If not, repost with with what you find out and we'll go from there.

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Thanks Irish ,I've got it working !
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Quote Originally Posted by Edelward View Post
    Thanks Irish ,I've got it working !
    You're welcome.

Icon5 Re: Help with install

Hi everyone,

I played the RPM 2.3 mod, absolutely fabolous , but sadly it repeatedly crashed after 100 Rounds.
    Currently I am trying to install the 2.4v, but am experiecing some diffuculties.
    Like the others I dont have a launch.exe and cant start the mod.
    Loet was saying that you have to extract it from the english folder, if the game is not installed in english but that doesnt seem to work with me.
    Could some tell me how I should go about the installation of this mod please:
    - Should I reinstall the game in english?
    - Install the mod first OR do I update to Patch 1.2 first?

Would really appreciate some support here.

Great mod Sbean

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Hi everyone,

I played the RPM 2.3 mod, absolutely fabolous , but sadly it repeatedly crashed after 100 Rounds.
    Currently I am trying to install the 2.4v, but am experiecing some diffuculties.
    Like the others I dont have a launch.exe and cant start the mod.
    Loet was saying that you have to extract it from the english folder, if the game is not installed in english but that doesnt seem to work with me.
    Could some tell me how I should go about the installation of this mod please:
    - Should I reinstall the game in english?
    - Install the mod first OR do I update to Patch 1.2 first?

Would really appreciate some support here.

Great mod Sbean
    There is no launch.exe as such. There is launchreg.reg that writes in the registry where these files are. If you are using M2TW of which you need for this mod, then click on the .reg file and say yes to everything so it can do its job, click on the M2TW icon, down in th eright hand corner, click play, click the mod and you're in.

Icon7 Re: Help with install

Thanks, I ll give it a try now.

When I copy the files from the .rar and click on the launreg it says it completed the necessary changes.
    But I am not quite sure what you mean with click on "play mod" in the right hand corner.
    If I start the game with the mdt2 icon, I can only choose from the normal starting nations. If I end the lock on the nations, I start the game and only see the normal nations you can play (with the RPM map though).

I guess I ll try re installing the game in english, updating to 1.2 and then try installing the game again.

Is it maybe possible to install 2.4 over 2.3 so the launch.exe remains??

Would really appreciate some help

Great mod Sbean

Are you using the English version? That's the only language the launcher is written for. There is no launch.exe. The reg file writes the registry to launch it with the icon's launcher of which is part m2tw 1.2. If you want to know if it made it for sure, run regedit and see if it's there. Regedit is built into Windows.

Thanks irishron.

I ll just try installing the game in english now.
    And you mean that I can choose, "play mod" after I click on the mtw2 icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Thanks irishron.

I ll just try installing the game in english now.
    And you mean that I can choose, "play mod" after I click on the mtw2 icon?
    Yes. Bottom right hand corner.

Icon8 Re: Help with install

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Yes. Bottom right hand corner.
    I click on the m2tw icon and game starts but it's just the normal game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!??!?!?!?! no thing to click on to go to mod.

NOTE:I have deleted all the 2.3 files and my game is in english HELP!!!!!!!!!:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord447 View Post
    I click on the m2tw icon and game starts but it's just the normal game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!??!?!?!?! no thing to click on to go to mod.

NOTE:I have deleted all the 2.3 files and my game is in english HELP!!!!!!!!!:hmmm:

Before we have a bad experience at this, what version of this mod do you have installed? If you have version 2.4 and clicked on the launcherreg.reg to have it put in the registry, the game will show up in the list on the right side of the icon that launches the game. It will let you play RPM or vanilla or any other mod that uses the launcher and its registry keys. I still use the batch file method myself. I hate windows having any more control than they do.

Any more problems or questions, please ask. I'll do my best to answer them. This version 2.4 is a nightmare without the launcher and I won't include it when I redo it.

ty for advise but my prob was i had not installed patch 1.2 so i do i get the lancher and i find the mod i click on it starts and then immediately closes due to an unspecified error.:hmmm: what do i do????????????????????????????????? (i also tried the normal game and it did not work either)
    Last edited by sithlord447; November 04, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Version 2.4 is patch 1.2 specific. You have to have 1.2 to play RPM 2.4 for all the changes made. You'd be better off playing 2.3 with the revisions I've already made and worry about 2.4 whenwe get it fixed. If you're good at understanding graphics programs and would like to vounterr to fix it, pm me, I know what the problem is.

kk ty