Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Default Re: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Alright got a few questions. But first some praise: If Tolkein did publish his sequel to LOTR (and I wish he did), this mod would probably follow perfectly the storyline. Thank you FATW team. Now the questions. Is the team planning to expand the map further north? Will the elves and dwarves and dale be included as factions in the campaign? Concerning ages, the House of Telecontar was of Numenorean blood, and thusly they lived very long lives (Aragorn lived for 220 years). Is there any way to make the ages exceed 70 years? Because I noticed Barahir was 116 in the game.

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

Thank you for the praise!
    The Team, as a principle, does not discuss future plans. So, you'll have to be patient.
    Yes, if/when the map expands, Dale, Elves and Dwarves will be included as campaign factions.
    The age is hardcoded. We can set it for starting characters, but apart from that the age of death is random...

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    The age is hardcoded. We can set it for starting characters, but apart from that the age of death is random...
    Yep, it just happens from time to time. If you don't like it, save before you end your turn and reload your game :wink:

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

aww... all the forum links are broken for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    aww... all the forum links are broken for me.
    Which forum links?

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

the links to the fourthage.org forums. I get a "page cannot be found" message

Are you talking about those in the first post? To the video, etc? They work fine for me.

I'm..I'm actually crying tears of joy.

Great!! That's our goal!!!

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

I just reinstalled this gem.

This rocks so hard!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thx. Atterdag - it's going to get better too
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Hey!

Insanely great mod, guys. Truly a silmaril amongst petty gems!

One issue:
    Could I install forth Eorlingas over the new shadow. I know, unlikely, it's just that I wanna play that campaign. No offense, but I'm kind of a Tolkien conservative, and this 'new shadow' thing with the bad guys bearing the star of Elendil (and Eärendil by the way. The star IS Eärendil, I think, you know with 'the silmaril of Fėanor on his brow') just isn't for me.

So Forth Eorlingas campaign. Possible?

No, you can't install FE over TNS, but you can just delete TNS and then download and install FE. You will be missing a ton of stuff though I really really believe you should stick with TNS, even if you don't like the idea of Adunabar, but it's your call of course. Note that we cannot offer support for older versions though.

Yeah, just delete the "ci" folder, and install FE. It should be possible to mod out Adūnabār, if you want to do that instead.

Just one question: have you read 'The New Shadow'?

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis- View Post
    Yeah, just delete the "ci" folder, and install FE. It should be possible to mod out Adūnabār, if you want to do that instead.

Just one question: have you read 'The New Shadow'?
    Actually I haven't. The new shadow was never finalized by Tolkien, though, and wasn't yet fit for release to his mind (as could be said of many of his writings that have been published after his death). What sets it apart from other works sharing the same characteristics (e. g. the Silmarillion), however, is that Tolkien abandoned the whole thing while he still lived, only writing a chapter or so, I think.

I wasn't saying you don't have grounds for your campaign story, I was simply stating that I find the 'forth Eorlingas' setting more to my liking.

And I have to say one more time, thank you for this fantastic mod! I love it so much!

Forth Eorlingas, Corsair Invasion, The New Shadow...by any name, this mod is fantastic work. The only error I can think of is possibly having Gondor (and the other kingdoms?) have to struggle to emerge into making money. But it works well if you can endure the wait.

A pity that it apparently is not possible to have a turn take up less than a year, but that's the game, not the mod.

Thank you for the comments.

It is possible, but it requires a script to make each turn take less than six months. FATW however is script-free, in order to improve speed and stability, and other reasons as well.

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

hey quick question about the LOTR:ROTK, the city battle before the sige of Minas Tirith. What was the name of the city.
    I am making a Middle earth map out of Europe
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Helm's Deep?

I assume you're talking about Osgiliath?