Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

2.0b contains the fix for hounds (it is essentialy 2.0+2.1+2.2). I assure you many people have been using 2.0b + 2.3 and it works fine. You gave done something wrong. Are you sure it was 2.0b you downloaded?
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

some vista operating systems such as my own seem to be having problems funneling files exactly where they need to go, so i have had to type in the paths myself for various things. this may be because the installation wizards or other installation programs are not compatible with vista. just a guess.

one annoying bug i have spotted is that adunabar does not actively build orkish buildings or recruit orks.

also the ai doesnt seem to want to recruit any mercenaries whatsoever. i added in various mercenary units in like dwarves and beorning axemen but i seem to be the only one who recruits any mercenaries.

i added in finishing touches like giving the appropriate units berserker ability and increasing those units morale. also i gave double weapon units such as guards of the citadel and unbar spearmen phalanx with long_pike. i also gave dunland pike units phalanx with the long_pike but they have no secondary weapon to use.

The Adunabar AI does build Orcish buildings. At least so do the 100s of test campaigns I've run tell. Same goes for mercs, although not so often; which is a good thing, as mercs weren't common in ME armies.

The ability to berserk is already given to the appropriate units. You are free to do anything with your copy of course, but rest assured we have taken good care of such things. The Guards of the Citadel already have a secondary weapon (a sword), so I'm not quite sure what you added. Pahalanx should not be used, as we haven't taken it into account for the mod's unit balance and it doesn't fit ME lore. Also, pikemen are not supposed to have secondary weapons.

All that said, feel free to do whatever you deem right with your game. Enjoy TNS!

i installed the game just fine but when i start it up, it goes to barbarian invasion, not TNS. could someone explain?

Check your shortcut. What does it say on the target line of it? (Right click on desktop shortcut, select properties and copy the target-line here).

Did you exit from the bat window before it closed itself? Do you have Vista?

i dont know if this is right but this is my TNS target line in the properties section-

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\ci\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:bi\ci

Yes, that is correct. What about my other points?

The target path is NOT correct. It should be:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:bi\ci

The exe is in the main RTW folder, not in the ci one... When installing FATW did u point it to your *main* RTW directory? The structure of your folders should be: Rome - Total War/BI/ci/data/... not Rome - Total War/BI/ci/BI/ci/data/... Can u check what is the case?

Oh, whoops.
    Just looked at what's after the folders...

But I don't see how this would launch vanillla?

Well, if that part of the installation is messed up, who knows what else might be. So, bladerunner9, I suggest you delete the ci folder (the one that is in the RTW/bi directory) along with all its contents and reinstall. Try to follow the instructions to the letter. The automatic installer really requires no more from you but to point it to your main RTW directory - aka C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\. After that, everything is done for you and you just need to let the dos window run its course and not close it manually.
    Let us know how it goes.

ok, thank u for the advice and patience to actually respons and i will follow up shortly with the results!!!

oh btw, if i have oh say an animation mod from signifier1, will it affect the game or the installation?

Yes, the instructions clearly stat that you must have a clean copy of BI. *After* FATW is installed, you can install whatever you want - since FATW it is 100% modfoldered - but not before.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Well, to a point - all BI modfoldered mods draw on some vanilla or else they would be huge to download. Animations would be OK, as they are all repacked in th modfolder; but sounds would not, for example.

It is stated that modfoldered mods are compatible with each other; I should think the implication of that statement is that there is no guarantee when you install mods that overwrite vanilla - even after installation of fatw. I cannot imagine the animation minimod will affect fatw though.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

ok, now that i have reinstalled everything and downloaded patch 1.6 my new target path is "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:bi\ci". idk if this correct because know when i try to start it up get a script error saying "Script error in data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 668, column 26.

Missing skeleton for scondary weapon in model type 'warband_spearman_german', used by unit 'warband spear german."

Please help once again. Eventually with your help i will get this right.

Appears to be a 1.6 problem... you said you downloaded the patch, did you install it too?

yes it installed itself i believe

You can check by looking at the top-right corner of your Bi Options screen. The message that popped-up is indicative of sth wrong with your BI version.

In case it reads 1.4, uninstall TNS completely, install Bi patch 1.6 and reinstall TNS.

no, it is 1.6 and yet i still have the problem with barbarain invasion coming up instead of TNS

Ok, then I need you to tell me *exactly* what you did, please, give a *fully* detailed report.