Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Default Re: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Trailer was good but full...mmmmmmmmmO_O like fresh fruits in chocolate !

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjones07 View Post
    I guess i am guilty of a little ignorance.But in fairness to
    myself i did check my version of 'bi' and seeing that i had version 1.4,
    i then patched 1.5 then 1.6 but for some reason the patch did not
    work and the game is still stuck at 1.4.

So after completely reinstalling everything I followed the same patching
    process again and yet,it is still stuck at 1.4.

Its very frustrating cause i have no idea what to do,have scoured the
    forums for hours and have hit a dead end.

Oh well,I'll prob just go back to my 'bi' campaign.
    Did you try the official forum and it's troubleshooting section? IIRC there was sth related there...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjones07 View Post
    I guess i am guilty of a little ignorance.But in fairness to
    myself i did check my version of 'bi' and seeing that i had version 1.4,
    i then patched 1.5 then 1.6 but for some reason the patch did not
    work and the game is still stuck at 1.4.

So after completely reinstalling everything I followed the same patching
    process again and yet,it is still stuck at 1.4.
    It's overkill: just use patch 1.6 and you'll have no problem. I reinstalled BI, patched to 1.6 and it works wonders.
    "... the first design of speech was to persuade others; either to give credit to what the speaking person would have them believe; or else to act or suffer such things, as he would compel them to act or suffer, if they are entirely in his power." Mandeville (1670-1733)

Under the Patronage of MareNostrum

do the fourth age team have a possible release date of the next chapter with dwarfes and elves?i would like to see the full version before joining the army

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Sete View Post
    do the fourth age team have a possible release date of the next chapter with dwarfes and elves?i would like to see the full version before joining the army
    The team doesn't give info about release dates, sorry...

W

then il be waiting...

Wait a minute there's gonna be a release covering dwarves and elves?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod I love this mod
    but i have to wait another week to play it because of my computer......

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

This mod looks awesome so i downloaded it although when i clikc the icon it says

RomeTW-BI.exe-Unable to Locate Component

This application has falied to start because MSS32.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem

I dont know what the issue it, I followed all insructions, I copied a version of the BI file and put it somehweres else alongside the BI icon and when the MS-DOS stuff appeared, I let it finish and exit itself before clicking the new icon on my desktop so........ can you please tell me if i did anything wrong? This mod looks awesome and I really want to play

For Rome Total War Gold Edition users, does Barbarian invasion come prepped with patch 1.6?

No, The Gold Edition is NOT always patched to 1.6, sometimes it's only patched to 1.4, so then you have to manualy patch it yourselves. That's why we insist and people check their BI version before attempting to install FATW.

TNS is actually rediculously simple to install. It requires no moving/cutting/copiying/renaming/whatever of files and folder. You just make sure you have a clean BI 1.6 installed, you run (double click) the installer and you make sure you have pointed it to thy=e correct path (Gold Edition has 'The Creative Assembly' folder instead of the 'Activision' one) and that's it, everything else is done automatically, even the placement of the shortcut.

Just make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. If, however, you meet more problems, let us know.

Laetus

i downloaded the game yesterday so i havent really had much time to play it, but i played older versions and they were great so this one is promisng, hope you realse another one soon.

Enjoy The New Shadow joelph! I bet you'll find it to your satisfaction!

Ok, soo sorry if this has already been answered, but i have 2 questions.... ok here we go... I patched bi to 1.6 even b4 i heard of this mod... so this is where im stuck

i instal it directing the file to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War and it instals... the DOS screen comes up and i let it do its thing... well after that i cut to the chase and installed 2.1 and 2.2 fixes to the same directory as mentioned above... then i double click the nice shortcut icon on my desktop and it doesnt even make it past the licens agreement page jiger when... "Script Error in bi\ci/data/descr_events_images.txt, at line 2905, column 1. Unknown event string settlement_razed" pops up and the system crashes to the desktop... ok... what is that?

and q #2... i then proceeded to try and play bi when... it does the same thing but no error pops up... it just dies... help please

thank you for your time and im hoping that i didnt bother you

nvm i found this on YOUR forums... sorry
    Last edited by Killergold88; October 04, 2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: didnt look long enough hahaha
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

What was the problem?
    This would help if anyone else gets the same problem...

Let me guess, wrong patch, eh?

No not at all... im under the impression that maybe because i downloaded 2.0b and then patched it with 2.1 and 2.2 it might have messed it up a little... if you get 2.0b just patch it with 2.3

or... well i tamper with files all the time to see what all i can do to a game and i forgot to reset all my nice little things back to how they were so bi wasnt clean... that might have been it too... but i reinstalled bi patched it straight to 1.6 (nothing in between) and reinstalled Shadow, and it worked perfect for me... no more error
    -Latin Proverb-

Yes, you should not install 2.1 and 2.2 after 2.0b. A screwup on our part, the naming, but it should be perfectly clear (ie, should read somewhere ) that you shouldn't install them after that.

hahaha yeah i found that out... i actually read that somewhere else i.e. your forums... thats why i edited my post hahaha

but on top of that its an amazing mod!!! 2 big ones for you (if i had another hand id give you another one...)
    -Latin Proverb-

ok i may have found something...

say your playing as Adunabar and you want your trolls or berserkers but you conquered an already well established piece of territory... you cant construct the towers/caves or whatever because the rebuild your city thing is already built... (i cant think of names now... sorry)
    -Latin Proverb-

Well the Diversification Buildings (there you go!) are destructible, so just raze them and replace them with your own...

btw not all diversification buildings are available everywhere...

ok heres another problem i ran into... i got 2.0b sooo from what im told you dont patch it with 2.1 and 2.2
    ok in one of those patches tho you had a fix for hounds well if you custome battle them you get an error that freezes your screen, and after figuring out how many tabs and such you have to hit (because alt+tab wasnt working) after hitting ctrl+alt+del and switching to the error... well its huge... but it has something about Vertexes and after you hit ok (cuz you cant hit anything else) another smller error comes up and it says...

"Destroying a VERTEX_BUFFER that was never created"

then exits the game
    ever come acrossed this yet?
    -Latin Proverb-