Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Default Re: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

no, I've never installed any FA nods before this

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hey friends, my congrats. I'll download now

Edit: Is the music pack updated compared to FE?
    Edit: Sorry, alright, overlooked it in the descriptions...
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 21, 2007 at 12:39 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The modfolder is:

C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome- Total War/bi/ci

(or should be in your case).

So there should be a folder named "ci" in your bi folder.

There is no "tns.exe"; the RTW folder (C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome- Total War) contains the rtw-bi and rtw exes

You should have just used the default installation path in the installer (i.e. not changed it).
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Hey Masterofnone,
    It seems that of all things I have forgotten to patch Barabarian Invasion to 1.6 and it is currently at 1.4! :p
    Could this be what is stopping the mod working? methinks so!
    I am patching now and am gonna do a complete reinstal of the mod but thanks for all the help.
    Cheers

EDIT: More problems... When I try to patch to 1.6 I open the installer and start it but it says RomeTw.exe cannot be found when I can see it sitting right there! Its so frustrating, can anyone help?
    Last edited by Ketchup; July 21, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

R.I.P Calvin

It does say quite clearly to patch the game to 1.6 first . Arghh...

The official 1.6 patch will look for a default folder of:

C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome- Total War

if your exes are in there then it should work.

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

As you can see from the attached file I think everything is correct now but it still wont work, any suggestions?

R.I.P Calvin

What are the Adűnabâr?
    Flamer Extraordinaire.

The bat file is missing from your folder, and you have a rtw-bi file (uniconed) in there. That is very strange.

Did the batch fle run as per the instructions?

Amazing! Thanks

The New Shadow 2.2 Fix Patch

TNS 2.2 Patch | Mirror 2

• Fixes the warhound crash problem.
    • Fixes a minor climate problem
    • Adds missing naval unit card

Installation Instructions:

This patch is not cumulative so you must have the 2.1 patch installed first. Click on the downloaded .exe and choose the correct installation path (the one you installed TNS 2.0 to).

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hi guys, my short reflection after a RK campaign:

Great as always

MoN, the implementation of the Adunabar's competion with this map-position seems to solve pretty good the problem that RK and the Eorlonga's go into a (brother-)war too soon, as yet i remain allied, i'm at FO247, very nice "historical" approachment

One thing in the battle-mode, if i'm sieged: If ie. a ballista is attacking in the battle they are shooting all their projectiles at my walls, and else, the other units siege units are doing nothing, while all the siege units are deployed too close to the walls: i can shoot them all down with my RK superior archers. That's a big disadvantage for the AI.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

this is one of the best mods out there and it's even better because it's lotr

great work guys, and i can't wait to play it o.O 70% left to download

Icon5 How do I Know if it patched properly?

I installed Shadows and it plays just fine. It says 2.0 on the menu.

I installed patch 2.1 then 2.2 but it still shows 2.0 on the menu.

The patches run and did the dos thing and I waited for it to end on its own as well.

The only thing I can think is should the patches be installed in the root folder(as I did) or be placed in the ci folder maybe?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Which Batch file do you mean?
    The one that came with the mod ran fine for about 8 mins and then closed. I then deletd it when uninstalling the mod.
    What does it mean that my RomeTw Bi is uniconed, there is anothre one next to it iconed?

EDIT: Just to clear up this is the game folder without TNS installed ie. after I uninstalled.

R.I.P Calvin

AMMsterz's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: How do I Know if it patched properly?

Quote Originally Posted by keet View Post
    I installed Shadows and it plays just fine. It says 2.0 on the menu.

I installed patch 2.1 then 2.2 but it still shows 2.0 on the menu.

The patches run and did the dos thing and I waited for it to end on its own as well.

The only thing I can think is should the patches be installed in the root folder(as I did) or be placed in the ci folder maybe?

PLEASE HELP!!!
    WaZaaa!!!

Same here with you, ma'e, but I don't think the patches are supposed to have the version number incremented on the menu; as long as you've installed it into the same directory as you have done with the mod (e.g. "

C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome- Total War") then your mod has been patched up. Just do a few little tests as I've done:

• ensure that in custom battle the Dwarven Shieldbreakers have a proper textual description when hovering the cursor over the unit card... I don't remember what it said but as long as it doesn't say, "Text needed.", then you're fine
    • check that the Rohan faction in campaign have proper building images instead of ones with something like "FATW Building" test over it
    • test if using war hounds'll cause a crash in custom battle
    Hope that helps

Peaceage

Merely a humble advocate of the positively developed mod, "The Fouth Age Total War." ...
    as well as a peaceful proponent of the exhaustedly developing mod, "Broken Crescent."

Well, that release was a lot faster than I had imagined. When I saw your awesome preview video, I imagined it to be still a couple of weeks (months even) till the final release. My salutes to you, I can´t wait to play!
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Beautiful work again, guys!

Glad to see you took my advice about the New Shadow

Just a note on the patches: as these are quick fix patches they won't show up on the menu screen as 2.1 or 2.2.

Quick Question; I noticed that you don't use a campaign script - 'show me' type - at all. I realize this started as a 4 turn per year script, but it is now used to a large degree to help the ai - money scripts (eb, tft), perfect spy, remaining allies or at war, unit consoloation (tft), pumped up commmand stats for AI family members, etc.

So i guess my question is - is the campaign hard enough (as RK or Rohan) without scripting? Is ther a known problem if i were to add a script myself?

Thanks, and looking forward to playing (and waiting for an even bigger map and more factions)

AB
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Nearly everything of what can be done through scripts is doable through careful balancing and clever thinking. Given the unstable (and some times game-compromising) nature of scripts FATW chose the other way round. There shouldn't be a problem though, should you choose to implement one yourself, I can recall a case that used a force-diplomacy mod from another mod. And yes, the campaign is as hard as it should be for RK and Rohan, which is Medium Diff and Hard diff respectively.