Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Default Re: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Yes, the three new factions will have expanded rosters, dale especially will have many more units.

No such list atm, I'm afraid, though if you just look around the EDU, you will easily spot them, as the file is categorised like that.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I began my X billionth campaign yesterday and I met for the 1st time a rebel unit called something like Coastal Folks\Levies or something similar, I searched in the EDUs and I found nothing, for this the question...

text/export_units.txt
    Code:
    ¬----------------

{4a_merc_coastal}    Coastal Armsmen

{4a_merc_coastal_descr}
    CLASS: Irregular\n\nCoastal Armsmen are fighting men of the coastlands of Gondor, from fishing communities by and large - poorly equipped with weapons and armour though coming from a land where steel is not uncommon they have some advantage over their counterparts in the short mail shirt they wear.

{4a_merc_coastal_descr_short}
    Coastal Armsmen\n\nCLASS: Irregular (1 exp)

¬----------------

export_descr_unit.txt
    Code:
    ;###############  MERCS ###############

type             merc coastal
    dictionary       4a_merc_coastal      ; Coastal Armsmen
    category         infantry
    class            light
    voice_type       General_1
    soldier          4a_merc_coastal, 50, 0, 0.42
    attributes       sea_faring, is_peasant,hide_forest,mercenary_unit, no_custom
    formation        1, 2, 2, 3, 4,square
    stat_health      1, 5
    stat_pri         11, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, slashing, sword, 25, 0.5
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         0,0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  7, 7, 3, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, -1, 0, 0
    stat_mental      5,normal,trained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 229, 152, 45, 58, 715
    ownership        slave, empire_east, empire_east_rebels

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Yep, it's them

does this work with windows vista, i followed the instructions and it didnt work. so just wondering

If RTW plays, then RTW mods should play as well.

If you make a search in the forum, you will see that other users were having issues as well, which were fixed. Nonetheless, can you tell us exactly what the problem is?

cool im downloading and reinstalling BI, nice mod

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Gentlemen (and Orcish-types),

Having played the mod for several days, now, I must say that this is one of the most extraordinary pieces of work I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I've been playing as Gondor, on H/M (which, in Rome, I consider to be the most realistic settings). I've had nothing but incursions, invasions ... amphibious and otherwise ... and battles. I'm in the year Fo280, and I'm only investing my fourth city. Previously, I was occupied with defense.

As a former professional musician ... many years ago ... I want to also commend the composers of the music. The music is perfect for the subject, and doesn't disappoint. I haven't turned it off due to weariness with it once, and I don't think that I shall. It is totally immersive, and impressive.

Note that I've read the books many times since 1956, including Christopher Tolkien's works, and I haven't encountered a single inaccuracy or a problem with the official "canon". In and of itself, this is impressive, because the two Tolkiens' works are quite complicated.

If I can help you in any way, let me know. You don't need to move to M2TW or ETW, to make probably the best modification around, in my estimation. I wish I could say that I am an modder or a graphics artist, but I'm not. But I'm here, if you need me for anything connected with the mod.

Kudos to you, and I hope the team keeps working until the mod covers all of Tolkien's Middle Earth.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thank you for those kind words, Old Gamer. It's good to know that the attention to detail is appreciated.

Quite some time was spent finding music and contacting the respective composers. You will find all their names in the in-game (menu) credits. They were more than generous in allowing us the use of their music.

FATW 3.0 continues to be developed, though slowly, for the BI engine. I think I can say with certainty that the release will not be this year. Our main forums are now at ModRealms.com and suggestions are always welcome on how the mod should develop (we have a number of threads on such matters), so feel free to comment!

There is now a skilled artist dedicated to FATW again and also a very skilled balancer and coder. Expect good things of Middle-earth in the the full campaign!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men