Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

yes thank you, it was on the tip o my toung all day.
    sadest is when he is told to go retake it no matter what the cost
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

Indeed. And one of the greatest scenes in the film with one of the greatest music themes; though it didn't happen exactly like that in the book.

That's actually the part i am at in the book, since prior to this, my only familiarity with Tolkien lore came from the movies. Which i have to admit....
    i thought were quite good. Reading the book now however, i find myself changing my opinions about certain things in the movies. As it's always been said...the book is always better than the movie. This mod inspired me to read the books....now i have to read all of them!! This damn mod is turning me into quite the Tolkien Dork...As if i didn't have enough problems with my Spartan/KH-EB Dorkiness...

One of many good discoveries that i have made reading the book is that now i finally know what Dol Guldur means....because prior to this...I just taught it was some bottle of Tequila i had never heard of....

Let us hope that MasterOfNone doesn't see this....

It's the best thing for us to hear, that FATW has inspired players to read the great work of Tolkien! You're not the first one to do so, and we sure hope you will not be the last!

awesome mod! it has to be one of the best ive tried really good work

Thank you Mediteran! Enjoy The New Shadow!

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Great work guys! Probably the most refreshing and polished mods I've played! BTW do you guys have any info on the next update that you can share with us? IS there going to be one; the forums have been rather inactive (at least by FATW's standards!) and I was wondering how things are progressing. Is the next update going to be another whole new add on (campain) or just a small patch-type thing?

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

If I say "neither" are you going to believe me?
    Silence can mean various things, not necessarily that we've been idle... Though a good Video maker would be greatly appreciated, as the relevant thread we posted says...

I think, if for the next release you make custom buildings (Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul) FATW will really be the better mod for RTW. Really the only "default" of FATW is this. Already the settlements plan for Dunedans and other "barbarian" faction are edited, and it's great... but for the special cities it would be awesome to play like in the movies. But I know it's difficult to make it, and to find a building modeler...
    I know too the LotR team planned to make and add these buildings... maybe you can work in collaboration ?
    Last edited by Nelduin; January 25, 2008 at 02:39 PM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

LotRTW goes after the look and feel of the films, where things are not always according to lore as it is provided by the works of JRRT, which we so faithfully try to keep to. Lore-accurate, custom-made buildings for a fantasy mod is not an easy thing indeed and building modelers are scarce. That said, the possibility of including sth at a later time is not excluded.

Thanks, really it would be great

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Default Re: LATEST RELEASE: FATW - The New Shadow Released!

the site is down, and i really wanted to try this

Hmm, the site looks fine now, try again. It's been looong since the last time it was down...

well it was last night or was getting an update, cause i couldnt connect now i can though

mine doesnt work i installed the Fourth age 1.5 on my rome total war 1.5 and it just starts then closes instantly plz help.

I have the suspicion you didn't quite follow the instructions there...

a) Install RTW
    b) Install BI
    c) Patch BI to 1.6 (even if you have Gold Edition, MAKE SURE it's patched to 1.6, not all of them are)
    d) Install TNS 2.0b
    e) Install TNS 2.5 patch
    f) Install Music-pack (optional, but highly recommended)

For now delete the "ci" folder inside your "BI" folder and do the above. let us know how it goes.

i had to get The New Shadow 2.0 and when i got to custom battle and pick my armies and click arrow to play it makes this thunder sound and wont go.........

It still looks like you haven't patched your Barbarian Invasion to 1.6... Please make sure you've done that by checking the top-right corner of the BI Options Screen.

I would like play in this Campagin,but here is some mistake

campaign the_new_shadow
    options bi
    playable
    huns
    franks
    sassanids
    empire_east
    empire_east_rebels
    celts
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    slave
    end

start_date 238 summer
    end_date 525 summer
    I was reinstal this Modification, but didn't work.
    When I should do now ??
    Can you help me
    befor, I had problem like this

There is no mistake in the file, even though the error message will report one. This just means that you have not patched up your BI to the 1.6 version, which is necessary to play the mod. Please uninstall FATW (by deleting the "ci" folder) apply the BI 1.6 patch and then reinstall FATW; everything will work just fine.