Thread: Who is leading the Troops?

Default Who is leading the Troops?

When will this be put into the game?

When i play a battle sometimes i just hurry and click on the fight icon that IDK who im fighting with! will it ever be possible to be at the battle map in a fight and see who is the General of your troops. than just seeing some boring old EA was lazy "Generals bodyguard"

Default Re: Who is leading the Troops?

.... What?

let me break it down for you

INSTEAD OF SEEING GENERALS BODYGUARD... I want TO SEE PRINCE FREZ or KIND LOUIE or General Fredric.. CAPTAIN JOHNNY

understand now?

mmm i am lost here either

Calm down Georgia, anyways unique generals will happen with the expansion since they are going to have "Hero" units (Lionheart, William Wallace, etc.).

However, though it may be possible to have some unique generals, most will still likely be the "Generals body guard".

This is due to the fact that many family members are randomly generated.
    Knowledge is Power - English Proverb

heh go see about kings banner 2.0
    as far as the body guards go, its hardcoded

Seems like it will still be. Just watched the new crusader blog and all the "Unique Generals" look exactly the same as they are now.

Guess your going to learn how to press that button slower, eh?
    Knowledge is Power - English Proverb

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

I think I understand what the OP means. You can right click on the enemy and get an idea of what you are up against, who's the leader and what forces he has.

You can't do the same for your own troops.
    I sometimes have several battles, one right after the other, at the beginning of a new turn and have no real clue who I have at the lead of the army I am using. I would like to be able to right click on my army and see who the general/captain is.

I hope I was close to on topic.

Why not take a second to read a line of the screen that says the general's name?

you can create a custom figure for a unit, use it as the officer model, and hey presto you have custom an unique leaders of units,(along with 2 hps but the same states as the unit)the problem is the number of slots available for this, ATW has more than MTW, kinda strange but there you go....

I dont forsee custom unique units led by custom leaders as being parctical at present, but with enough slots to do so TLR could do it, but its a lot of work for purely a small visul effect.
    Last edited by Hanny; July 21, 2007 at 05:45 AM.