Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complete EDU Guide

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Default Re: The Complete EDU Guide

great guide really helped thanks i had no idea cavalry were so poor in woods

Faridus's Avatar Centenarius

Aradan,
    in your pevious post you said:
    After you do that, make the orange part 25, that's the standard for melee units.
    you were talking about the min delay, 25 is 2.5 seconds right? (25/10 of a second), isn't 2.5 seconds a little too long between sword strikes?
    when looking at EDU, i found some min delay set at 0, how would this affect a battle?
    thanks for you input.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Aradan: Do you know what values influence AI-choice of garrison. In Chivalry the AI-rebels often chooses the named character as garrison and moves out the rest to the region.
    - Do you know if it has anything to do with unitstrenght, numbers?
    - Does Ai calculate good administratortraits and therefore leave him in the city
    - Can this be influenced by secondary hitpoints. To influence AI to leave militia as garrison and character to join the fieldarmy.

Not really looked into that, but I think the smallest army that can keep the place in order is usually picked as garrison. Being a named character is also a bonus (influence, management bonuses), as, for example, if you train a unit identical to the BG unit, the AI won't keep them in the settlement.

I've not experimented with sec hps, it's an interesting idea though.

TY, that seems correct. If I find something I post it here.

Hi, thanks for att great guide

But I have a problem with unit formations

Why is it not possible to have the value 1 in rank?

[ranks] : Default number of the unit's ranks (depth of its formation)

Never actually tried it, but I guess the engine won't like units that deploy in a single line.

ok, so you dont think it is possible to do?
    what about make it a Special Ability, insted of wedge for exampel?
    Is it possible to make you own special ability for units?, where do I find the file that control this?

Nope, not possible, the special abilities and their availability to unit types are hardcoded, you can just assign them to the appropriate units or not.

ok
    thanks for the help

I know the initial on this thread is pretty old, but it looks like people have still been recently replying to it.

I am running a mod on top of BI, and that bit (including the referenced thread) regarding charge values not applying to infantry is false.

Could be the thread was true with R:TW... but in the case of BI (and latter releases, I'm assuming) the value does apply.

Which part are you referring to, I don't recall ever saying charge bonus does not apply to infantry. On the contrary, I said it does, when Lusted asked.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...10#post2646410

No no, Aradan... not you. When I was reading your post I found the imbedded thread by lt-something-or-other, the creator of the SPQR mod I guess. Some kid was asking him about charge bonuses and he pooped all over the kid while making himself out to be the jesus and mary of modding.

But he was wrong. It wasn't even the fact that he was wrong, but that he was so ridiculously arrogant about his conclusions that it... what's a good way to put it? Well, basically, he made me angry.

The basic fact of the matter is: create a crappy mod, and you run the risk of breaking the system. So either the charge values didn't apply at the time of vanilla RT:W release, or he had just broken the system... I contend the latter is the case. Charge values work just fine for infantry.

Your guide is fantastic! Thanks for posting it!!!
    Last edited by ferrata_vi; March 20, 2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: I said a naughty word....

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Faridus View Post
    Aradan,
    in your pevious post you said:

you were talking about the min delay, 25 is 2.5 seconds right? (25/10 of a second), isn't 2.5 seconds a little too long between sword strikes?
    when looking at EDU, i found some min delay set at 0, how would this affect a battle?
    thanks for you input.
    I am also curious. Any ideas????

Min-delay sets the minimum delay between the beginning of 2 consecutive attack animations. If it's set to 0, it means that the delay will be equal to the length of the animation itself. The value should ideally be set to be just higher than the slowest animation available, so all units attack by a standard rate; otherwise balance can get very fiddly, as some units would attack -say- 3 times in the same amount of time other units would attack just 2 times. Etc etc...

Example:

1) Animation lasts 15 dsecs and min_delay is 0.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||... etc.
    0____________15___________30___________45

You can see there's no delay between animations, every 15 dsecs (ie when the previous animation ends) a new one begins.

2) Animation lasts 15 dsecs and min_delay is 25.

|||||||||||||||----------|||||||||||||||----------|||||||||||||||... etc.
    0___________15________25__________40________50__________65

You can see there's a 10 dsecs delay between animations, because after the 15 dsecs of the animation end, there's still 10 more to go to reach the 25 dsecs min_delay.
    Last edited by Aradan; April 12, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

Perhaps something for you to add Aradan. Spear_bonus_2 doesnt seem to work. I get an error-message on loading the game(with BI)

edit: no need too. You already have it covered. Remove post. Sorry
    Last edited by Athenogoras; April 28, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Ok I understand now..took time to work out. I was thinking of the so called reputed Persian archers doing rapid fire as cited by several ancient writers.

What is the maximum recrutiment cost you can give to a unit? I`ve tried 99371, but in game(on normal unit size) it is displayed as a negative: -31701

btw, a minor thing not mentioned above(probably because it`s not really important). One of the effects of the mercenary_unit attribute is that the unit(no matter its ownership or availability in EDB), if right clicked, will display on the info panel the tag Varies instead of a number for the recruitment cost.

65535, as expected.

That caused the recruitment cost to be displayed as -1.