Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best language!

Eranshahr's Avatar Primicerius

Default Best language!

What is the five languages you enjoy the most? And the language you enjoy the least

mine are

1. Persian
    2. English
    3. German
    4. Turkish
    5. Arabic

they are all beautiful in their ways, Songs in all languages are great, and in German they are funny.

the language I enjoy the least is Danish. It just sounds like a failed mix of Swedish and German.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Best language!

1. Armenian
    2. Aramaic
    3. Kurdish (must be the northern dialect)
    4. Arabic
    5. English

Languages that i enjoy least = i pass on that one

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

1. French
    2. German
    3. Italian
    4. Latin
    5. Japanese

One language I enjoy the least

1. Chinese (sorry but...ya)

Brynjolfr's Avatar Libertus

1. Irish
    2. Scots
    3. English
    4. Russian
    5. Turkish

The language I enjoy the least is spanish!
    Last edited by Brynjolfr; August 17, 2007 at 01:08 PM.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I. Latin (Every Roman General must enjoy the civilized language of Latin!)
    II. Italian (The modern version of Latin, or at least very close.)
    III. English (Although it lacks the flair of a Latin descended language, it has a Normano-Frence influence, good enough.)
    IV. Croatian (Need I say? It sounds good if spoken skillfully.)
    V. Japanese (It sounds good, especially when spoken by most females.)

Least favourite: None (I do not discriminate other languages)

ARMENIOS's Avatar Tiro

Armenian
    Latin
    French
    German (for listening rock)
    English
    "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

General George S. Patton Jr.

Eastern\Armenian historical advisor for RomaSurrectum
    Historical Consultant for The Sicilian Vespers

Silo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Chinese
    English
    German
    Latin
    Japanese

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

1)French
    2)Japanese
    3)English
    4)Spanish
    5)German

Légion étrangčre : « Honneur et Fidélité »

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Nationalism forces me to say Swedish and German but ah... screw it, I'm gonna be honest:

1. Latin
    2. Italian
    3. Ancient Greek (at least the poems etc sound very nice, havent heard much else )
    4. Japanese
    5. Scotish English

Most hated? Well... All mid-eastern and Turkic languages sound horrible tbfh. Not a big fan of Iberian languages either.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

1. Polish
    2. Czech
    3. Slovak
    4. Ukrainian
    5. Russian

1) Hindi
    2) English
    3) Spanish
    4) Italian
    5) Russian

Prince
    Growing Up In The Universe <- Check It Out !!!

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Well, German is nice. :german:

English is also good, and I gotta admit that French and Spanish also sound beutiful. Greek also looks nice when written, I haven't really formed a nice picture about how I like the sound of the language though. I've only been to Greece like once. A nice country though.

I kinda suck at Swedish though, I mean Ive been in Germany more often, and longer than in Sweden, thus I've also used German in everyday life more than Swedish. I've studied German a lot more than Swedish, and I'm frankly better in German than Swedish, even when Swedish is the other national language of Finland.

And Swedish is quite easy when compared to German, I believe, it's grammatically less meticulous, though this had not always been the case. In recent history however, and IIRC the swedes actually scrapped all of their comma- rules in grammatics. They were too difficult for even the averige swede to learn. Now they still use them, somewhat more freely though.

Well, i'm not like horrible, but I have kinda low motivation to learn the language properly

Chinese sounds awful to me, one time at school there were these couple students, one of them was this decent IB- programme Student who knew Chinese, English and Finnish also, but the other one didn't seem to have adequate grasp of even English. There they just sat in the computer class and people just turned their heads, somewhat horrified to the direction of the two students. I mean I wasn't the only horrified one
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Quote Originally Posted by Town Watch View Post
    There they just sat in the computer class and people just turned their heads, somewhat horrified to the direction of the two students. I mean I wasn't the only horrified one
    Sounds like Finland to me!
    I got the same reaction when I was in Helsinki and tried to get by using Swedish in shops, "HURRI!", I happen to know what that means (my dad speaks Finnish somewhat well).

Ah no harm done, I still like Finland, just get over your anti-Swedish sentiment already damn it !

Kinda funny you know, they (the 'study plan' makers, who make this plan, on how many courses are mandatory for High School on national level yaddayadda) decided to go for a different solution with the school books for Swedish course number 3.

The title and content changed from 'Heja Sverige' to 'Heja Finland'.
    Something about Finland-Swedes and stuff.
    I still didn't buy the idea.

There was a peculiar chapter in the book though: prejudice about Finland.
    So there was this big picture, containing those hippywhackos who held large posters saying: more colour to Finland. The text assumed that the Finns are the most racist of the Nordic countries. Which they tried to prove false with the picture.

Hmm clearly the picture is irresistable evidence. I mean a bunch of hippies protesting on an empty square in winter?! Usually if it goes the other way, that the racists themselves hold protests, than that point of view would most likely be the minority.

We aren't racist, only a bit... 'xenophobic'? As the book stated.

I don't hold a grudge on swedes though. It's just that I don't really feel motivated to learn the language properly, swedes kinda lack attitude. They've always been neutral, and immigrant friendly, last time they had balls, was about 200 years ago. That's like the date of Napoleon's demise, which was a LONG time ago.

We Finns on the other hand, have lived on the knife's edge, in recent history and nowadays as well. Something about the 'geo-political' situation I guess.

EDIT: AARGH my keyboard is klling me, goddamn 'ergonomical ****'
    -Recoil-

Quote Originally Posted by Town Watch View Post
    Kinda funny you know, they (the 'study plan' makers, who make this plan, on how many courses are mandatory for High School on national level yaddayadda) decided to go for a different solution with the school books for Swedish course number 3.

The title and content changed from 'Heja Sverige' to 'Heja Finland'.
    Something about Finland-Swedes and stuff.
    I still didn't buy the idea.
    lol, neither would I . But still, most of you are Swedish geneticaly, how many Finns were there in Finland in 1809? I think there were only like 30-20 %. Stop hating yourselves .
    There was a peculiar chapter in the book though: prejudice about Finland.
    So there was this big picture, containing those hippywhackos who held large posters saying: more colour to Finland. The text assumed that the Finns are the most racist of the Nordic countries. Which they tried to prove false with the picture.

Hmm clearly the picture is irresistable evidence. I mean a bunch of hippies protesting on an empty square in winter?! Usually if it goes the other way, that the racists themselves hold protests, than that point of view would most likely be the minority.

We aren't racist, only a bit... 'xenophobic'? As the book stated.
    No ****? Swedes constantly joke about Finnish immigration policies, even though most would want the same kind of policies here.
    I don't hold a grudge on swedes though.

It's just that I don't really feel motivated to learn the language properly, swedes kinda lack attitude. They've always been neutral, and immigrant friendly, last time they had balls, was about 200 years ago. That's like the date of Napoleon's demise, which was a LONG time ago.
    I don't even see why Finns should learn Swedish anymore (exept in Ĺland, Österbotten etc.), like 5 % speak Swedish, 5 % of Sweden probably speaks Persian or Arabic . But, even though it sadens me at heart, I must agree with that last part.
    We Finns on the other hand, have lived on the knife's edge, in recent history and nowadays as well. Something about the 'geo-political' situation I guess.
    Russia, Russia! Looks like you're in for hard times again with Putin... Damn we should have kept a coridor to Russia proper so that we would still have had someone to fear, that grows balls .

EDIT: AARGH my keyboard is klling me, goddamn 'ergonomical ****'
    lol, what? ^^

Anarius's Avatar Senator

Russian
    Icelandic
    Finnish
    Welsh
    Norwegian (my own dialect, "Trřnder") Sami when I think about it

I don't like Nederlands. German barely beats them, but only barely.

My vocabulary knowledge of Swedish kinda sucks, I mean it's grammatically drop-dead-easy to learn, if you know any German for example, a good deal of the words are just ripped off from the other language, e.g. en Forskare, Der Forscher. That one saved my ass when I couldn't understand this one word in my Swedish exam last year. It was a reading comprehension thingy I think.

Die Ausrüstung = utrystung or something

But some of the verbs are really annoying to learn, and its easy to make mistakes by mixing them. Thus creating some rather interesting sentances.

German just sounds so cool when spoken. *Listening Rammstein/Feuer Frei currently*
    -Recoil-

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

Although I'm Swedish, I like English the most. So:

1# English
    2# Swedish
    3# German
    4# Norwegian
    5# Danish

I only like the Germanic languages, none of the Latin or Ugric ones. I have Finnish relatives, but I think the Finnish language sounds like utter **** to be blunt.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Hĺb

Aahh.. lingvistics!

1. German is a very beautiful language
    2. The same goes for French
    3. And Italian
    4. English sounds alright when spoken well, but the almost nonexistant grammar just bothers the hell out of me
    5. Spanish, vamos vamos!

the language I enjoy the least is Danish. It just sounds like a failed mix of Swedish and German.
    I'll refrain from commenting that.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

1. Armenian
    2. English
    3. Arabic
    4. French
    5. Italian

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn