Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RTW AAR] Parthia - An Empire of Sand and Gold

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Default [RTW AAR] Parthia - An Empire of Sand and Gold

Chapter 1

We live on this humble sea, that drifts away at the slightest breeze. The people have dwelled here, almost as long as our sea. My father's father tilled our precious family soil many years ago. He found it and took it. For is it not our right, as the rulers of this land, to live well after the struggling so long to save ourselves from this sea? Now we look to the west. Those people, the masters of so many cultures, attempt to take our land. We will not lose a fight. These master races of culture and intelligence fight so ignorantly; they march in long lines and die in the desert heat. I myself, pity these people, who so blindly die for their western rulers.

My family has lived and prospered for a great number of years. When called for duty to the Crown, we merely pay for others to go in our place. Occasionally my brothers and I march and shoot the western men with the rest of our countrymen. It is strange the western men waste their soldiers to our arrows. Daily I receive news of our great victories and skirmishes. I have been preaparing the first son of my line to shoot the western men. He seems to scorn our people's use of our brilliance. He speaks to me daily of forming up in the ranks of our armoured soldiers and fighting like the westerners. It is such a waste of life though, that so many men would dos such a thing! He will not listen. He is headstrong like a mule, and tells me he will fight like this.

I weep to the death of my son. For him to die so horribly, even for our great Parthia! I now lay to rest as the sea has cooled and my light slowly goes away. May the god's bless my son and save him from the spears of those western men!

asd21593's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: An Empire of Sand and Gold

cool, i like parthian aars, very rare, will there be screenshots +rep

http://twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=28706
    my profile ^^^
    MY AARS
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108089
    MASTERS OF THE EARTH --- Massive Multi-Game AAR FINISHED
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111310
    MASTERS OF THE EARTH 2 --- M2TW Byzantium Campaign FINISHED

Im on vac. so I won't be able to place screenies, but I will be finsihing chp1 soon.

Cordially, Lord Romanus III

Chapter 1 part 2

The morning light sweeps through my windows daily as usual. My women have already began their day's task. I hear the clanging of metal and the sound of hooves. I reach my head out of my window and only see three men standing. They have a peculiar look, and the Parthian royal banner across the light fabric they wear. It is the muster-call for all noble men of age to join the army or to pay for another to take their place.

Pulling a shirt to my head, I notice my first son Shapur, walking towards them. I quickly march out of my room to greet the soldiers of Parthia. One of them turns their head and speaks to me as I approach, "Wise Tigranes, will you be joining us this campaign? The Greeks have been parading their armies through our land and the great Arasces demand we muster an army to meet them."

After a quick glance at all of the men's faces I quickly blurt, "Let those Greeks do as they please. Arasces can raise his own army somewhere else. I have served already this year."

The man's face quickly turned red. "So then I suppose your son will be the braver of you two? He is of age and law requires he serve! Whether law does say he should or shouldn't he has voluntarily jumped at the chance to serve Parthia like a true warrior!"

With a growing anger Tigranes quickly bellowed with rage at the other men, "If he wishes to kill himself so be it!" All the men now looked at Shapur. In a half-submissive voice he replied, "Yes, I plan to serve my country."

Tigranes quickly stormed into his house and grabbing a bag filled with his son's coin, marched outside. Lightly tossing it at Shapur muttering, "We have horses in the stable. You'll have to buy your own weapons because I would rather keep mine here." Shapur glanced at his father with anger in his eyes. "Theres more honor in killing a man face to face than shooting them from afar."

With a sharp look Tigranes quickly spoke, "Yes but thats why honorable men die and our people, normally blessed with wisdom, live."

With those words spoken Shapur turned towards the stables and came back on his Scythian horse. "I wish you a good life father." SO the party leading away Tigranes' eldest son turned and left marching down the long winding road towards a certain death. A breeze began to fill the air with his ocean sweeping away his son and life.

Wow, you really like Parthia, don't you?

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

I have a parthia fettish.
    I'll be writing the next chapter today or tomorrow.

Can't wait!!!

Leonidas

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

ME EITHER.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Chapter 1 part 3

A few days after his son's departure, Tigranes was practicing at his range when a lone rider approached. Quickly speaking, "My lord, Tigranes, we have lost a great battle. The Greeks have Susa under siege. The great Arasces requests you join the assembling armies at Arsakia."

"Why should I help Arasces after he took my son's life? Parthia has shed enough blood for this lifetime." With a cold, empty stare he began to leave. "My lord if you will not assemble you must realize your lands are forfeit to the king......"

Suddenly turning quickly arround, "I have the rights to my land because my fathers' have conquered them not you!" Slowly speaking, the other man replies, "I hope your family slowly rots just as you and other people like you allow my great Parthia to......" with a deliberate coldness in his voice he spoke on, "Your son was a brave man. Yes, I knew him. He charged bravely into the rows of spears. His horse was impaled instantly along with his gut!" Spitting at Tigranes feet he began to ride off at a quick and furious pace.

Seething with anger Tigranes loaded his bow and fired straight into the man's back, lodging an arrow into his ribs. The man kept riding but probably would not live long, or at least, Tigranes thought..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 2

Shapur had been marching for days. After the massacre somewhere near Susa, the Parthian army was demorilized and ragged. Not hungry though, the men jested. After losing half of the main force, they had plenty of extra food. The sun continued to beam down on them as they were led by their captain up a steep slope. "From a high rise in the ocean of sand we can see many miles." And kill many atackers too, thought Shapur.

After another hour's march they finally reached the highest part of the slope.One could see the ends of the world, Shapur thought. "If we are to kill those Greeks, we should locate Susa and possibly flank them." called out one of the soldiers.

Fantastic as before!!!

Leonidas

When you will continue???

Leonidas

Probably tonight or tomorrow when I feel like it.

Well I can't wait!

Leonidas

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Will you use catapracts and horse achers al the way through or gradualy aquire them.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Actually, I was basing Parthian armies on HA's but the cataphract as a new idea to the older parthians who thought of it as a western tactic.

Hey Romanus chck this, this replaces Parthian baner with new one maybe it is worth a try?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...t&id=10&page=6

Leonidas

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    I have a parthia fettish.

Anybody who can whip Rome is a friend of mine
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

@ LeonidasOfSparta I will probably use the banner once i leave this place and go back home. I also saw some 10 new provinces. Anyone use that?

@ Barbarian Prince Rome is definitely easy to kill. I've never had trouble with uber cohorts.

Bah , that's for nothing. Use Mundus Magnus for version 1.5

You'll enjoy the Parthia now it is not in the end of the map, it now has many provincs to conquer almost to India and there is Saudi Arabia, many new settlements...

Leonidas

Does it keep the original Parthian provinces? Could you show me a pic of the start game without fow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast