So is he in the mod or not?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: So Caesar...

Hi, have you reached 58BC?

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Libertus

Yup, the adviser tells me that i have to download the 58 BC mod or something and that if i don't i won't be playing historically. But i kept on playing and the Helvetii showed up attacking the 'Provence', but no Caesar to show up and stop them.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I, too, reached 58BC, eager to play Caesar, only to be stymied in my glorious designs for world conquest. I think we have to wait for them to finish the add-on.

yes chaps. unfotunately we decided that the best way to reflect Caesar rise to power is by not including him on 77BC.
    this weekend we will make an announcement regarding the new project. But rest assured that you'll love it.

In the meantime you can continue playing and see what we have prepared for you....

best regards.

So? you mean your not gonna include caesar and the gallic wars in 77BC but your gonna make another part?? Does TFTs' script similar in 77BC which follows historical events too??

Yes, something like that . And coming really soon...

you really plan to create another version which will cover all caesar's campaigns?? with the same historical base script as 77BC?? if its going to be, i bet its gonna be a really great mod.

well... I believe the script is better since it's a one-faction mod. easier to make the player's life a hell

Interesting, but does that mean the 77BC version makes no attempt to recreate the civil wars?

Warning: spoiler

Well, you are going to have some sort of Civil War after the War in Gaul (if the script works well, of course )
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; July 18, 2007 at 02:33 PM.

is it posible that the script can contain forced battle??

Sounds terrific Salvor.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    is it posible that the script can contain forced battle??
    It does not yet, as I have not found a way to make it work. But perhaps if we have time in the coding department we could create a couple of historical battles for the time period (Pharsalus, Thapsus...) with some scripted movements of the AI on them.

Sounds terrific Salvor.
    If the script works correctly, I can assure you that it is going to be terrific

But perhaps if we have time in the coding department we could create a couple of historical battles for the time period (Pharsalus, Thapsus...) with some scripted movements of the AI on them.
    That would be silly -- you can't force the game to move armies to fight battles in a specific location, that's way too scripted.

Sorry, I did not explain myself correctly. I meant that I was considering creating some historical battles for the non-campaign game. You know, the option of "Historical battle" that appears along with "Custom battle"

I do not think I have explained myself too well either

scripted ai maybe possible. just like in the prologe campaign in vannila. the battle between the gauls and the romans. the only thing is i have no idea as to how that became that.lol ive only just began learning how modding works.

Hello everybody.

Salvor there is one think that I don't understand, if Julio Cesar don't appear in the mod 77bc, why is he whith two armys in the north of Europe? It seems that he must appear suddenly like Spartacus,but don't. On the other hand I am thinking that he is the surprise after war of Galia, isn't it?

The mod 58bc will be a diferent mod of 77bc? If this, I think you should put in 77bc a family member similar to Pompeyo or Ciceron called Julio Cesar in the SPQR faction so the palyer can use him to conquer Galia, so you can use him if you are palying 77bc and it is more realistic. Y si se quiere jugar mas a fondo con Cesar pues se juega al 58bc, pero por lo menos esta presente de forma anecdotica en el 77bc. Sorry for writting in spanish but I did't know how to say this last sentence in english.

Pues si Salvor, yo soy de Madrid. Me parece un honor tener un compatriota como componente de est mod, jeje. Muchas felicidades por tu trabajo.

Congratulations for your mod and keep going.

Hi Antigono, although I'm not spanish but Argentinian i welcome you to our mod.

regarding 58BC the first project was to release it few weeks after 77BC, but unfortunately real life had given us little time to continue with the mod.
    i'm happy to tell you that 58BC is on a beta testing phase (mainly my fault) and should be released 1 month or so.

OK Empedocles. Thans for your information. Good luck with the mod.