Thread: Annexing

Default Annexing

Ok I'm playing as France and I just fought a war with Burgandy and took all of their provinces. I sue for peace but it wont let me annex all their settlements like I thought you could. Like when i took over brittany and when you sue for peace you can just choose annex and you take all of their settlements. ...Battle percentage is 100 percent...
    The past is never dead. It's not even past. William Faulkner

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Annexing

Perhaps they still have armies/navies somewhere...

You can only annex a non-pagan country if they are a city state, ie they have only one city left, and your war score is 100% (ie, all enemies destroyed).

So I have to destroy every bit of their army and navy to annex?

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

No, you have to narrow them down to one province before you may fully annex them.

I have taken everyone of their provinces and have a 100 percent warscore, i still cant annex...

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Quote Originally Posted by tmterrill View Post
    I have taken everyone of their provinces and have a 100 percent warscore, i still cant annex...
    You can't and you won't ........Yet. If you were at war with Leinster (a one province nation) then the option to annex will be available once they are destroyed. The same will occur if you destroyed the Aztecs due to them being Pagan. If the enemy has more than one province (as in your case with France) once you have gotten 100% warscore all you can do is take their provinces or vassalise them (or turn their religion and get them to release nations). I reccomend taking key provinces off them and next war (if possible) vassalise them so that you can diplo-annex them in a ten years time.

Well thats pretty ridiculous....why is that a feature in the game?!?!?!?!?!!? I thought it was supposed to be a historical and accurate game, I've never seen where a country was completely taken over and the victor couldn't take almost whatever he wanted.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Well thats pretty ridiculous....why is that a feature in the game?!?!?!?!?!!? I thought it was supposed to be a historical and accurate game, I've never seen where a country was completely taken over and the victor couldn't take almost whatever he wanted.
    Because otherwise the powerful nations could take over the world in about 2 years. How historical would that be?
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

That and BB help eliminate any un historical dominance of one nation. It also makes the game more thoughtful and challenging. Ever see the Milaneese in Vanilla MTW2? Do you wan that to hapen?