Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2 Suggestions

Default 4.2 Suggestions

Hi everyone,

Since I mainly concentrated on bugs and balance with the 4.1 patch, I'll keep suggestions in mind for the 4.2 patch.
    So, please post your ideas here!

You can be sure that I'm carefully reading all suggestions and I always try to consider the most of them...

Please don't report bugs here!
    Last edited by King Kong; August 04, 2007 at 06:13 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 4.1 Suggestions

*UAI 1.6, REAL COMBAT,Darth Mod included AIs
    to avoid the idle Faction to regain their strenths and attack the rebels actively i think we need those Mini Mods so please include them
    *Polished Unit cards
    *Option for installing the Blood textures, Byg Traits [since some people hate it and many people love it]
    *Lower the Heratics (not witches) because getting byg reality supplies regain from the religion related and also because too muny bishops,priest turning in to heretics.

thanks
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; July 17, 2007 at 10:43 AM.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Ditto on UAI, Real combat 1.6, and Darth Mod
    I am all for keeping Byg Traits, but they need tweaking to make them less drastic.

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

A sword unit for Kiev in the early age. They have to wait till they can build a fortress to get one.

How about UAI as mentioned, and making the Papal States a playable faction.

PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES. I think it would add a unique factor to your game.

Create 7 unique buildings - called 7 wonders of the medieval world and allow to be built in various cities. They should have a long build time and initiate a script which deducts money from the player on for its duration (as I think there cost should be quite high). Once created give the faction a global happines / tax /piety bonus depending on building. This would also make capturing some cities more important.

I don't want to start a votes thread, but my suggestions would be:
    Hagia Sophia
    Mont St. Michel
    Sistine Chapel
    Strasbourg Cathedral
    The Alhambra, Granada

If I knew how to create image files for the game, I would have done this myself.

Another thought: (posted in last suggestions thread) If you study the history of the Norman Sicily kingdom you will find its far more orthodox culture than catholic, so would like to see this change. Should mix up Italy a bit.
    Last edited by Quark; July 17, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

I've already voiced my complaints about cavalry vs. infantry and the "two turns to scurvy." I can see it as a possibility if you cross the whole of the Mediterranean and almost a given if you cross the Atlantic. It would be nice to base it on the general's overall health as well. 3.2 is wonderful especially with that castle south of Bologna which was sorely needed in the vanilla game. In 4.0 I noticed that Venice controls that castle to begin with. As a Venetian player I love it but may make them a little too powerful on the mainland considering they have Ragusa. Maybe give Milan more starting units?

Another suggestion: Upgrade gate strength. I would have no problem loosing an average of one ram per siege against a minor city without balista towers. The ram seems to crash thru the gate so easily that it's a foregone conclusion. While playing The Long Road, I was impressed with the amount of time it took to take down a gate. This will help make sieges more perilous and make you feel like your men have expended considerable effort to break it down. However I heard that Kingdoms will bring back boiling oil so this may not be necessary.

And give us an update on translating that paypal page to English. I gave 20 cool ones to a modder that did a lot of much needed work on another game (MOO III, ) and this game needs a lot of finishing as well.

i really hope u dont tone down the new traits as they add lots to the game but maybe give people the option not to have them.
    the one exception i would say is the "reputation destroyed" trait which could do with some work to make it a little less extreme.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Burrek's Blood and Dirt to replace the current blood
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1078

If you use the "More Blood" folder in his zip it looks great, I guess it's a personal preference thing though.

Civis

I was thinking maybe make the Mongols and Timurids pagan? Have their own set of temples and stuff.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Chola_Kingdom View Post
    *UAI 1.6, REAL COMBAT,Darth Mod included AIs
    to avoid the idle Faction to regain their strenths and attack the rebels actively i think we need those Mini Mods so please include them
    *Polished Unit cards
    *Option for installing the Blood textures, Byg Traits [since some people hate it and many people love it]
    *Lower the Heratics (not witches) because getting byg reality supplies regain from the religion related and also because too muny bishops,priest turning in to heretics.

thanks
    I agree with everything here, some people prefer RealCombat, some Darthmod. Byg's traits are loved and hated so they should be optional. I also noticed my Imams turned into Heretics way too often.

A playable Papal States would be interesting, I like their roster. It's not a top priority. Of course I'd like to see the Mongols playable but they don't arrive until 1200s

One more thing, I've been wanting to see this for a long time. Can you buff the Nubian Archers on the Egypt roster? They cost more than Desert Archers and are almost exactly the same (I believe they have less defense even). I think they should have a better melee & missile attack and defense.

From most of the complaints I read. It seem players dislike the fact that the game just became harder? Byg's and Darthmod 1.4b aim for a realistic/harder gameplay. I do agree that these mods maybe is a bit over the edge, though still deliver a great mod.

Anyway, I must get on topic.
    Suggestion:
    -Add Officer
    -Focus on bug/fix
    -It seem players want it possible to have optional mod be added.
    Is it possible to add the optional mod to the installer?
    I remember TLR mod made that possible.
    -Please tweak edu, projectile to your own taste

1. Seeing as you gave all Welsh longbows an increased ranged, you might be interested in the fact that Vikings also used longbows of similar design to the Welsh. I lost my copy of the book "Vikingarnas Stridskonst", but it illustrates how the Norse indeed used longbows and provided several examples of excavated longbows from Scandinavia. So in all fairness, the Norse Archers should have an increased range from the standard 120. If I find the book I'll give you measurements of the bows, so that an accurate range could be thought up.

2. Pikemen. I know they're messed up, but I prefer them the Vanilla system to this. In any case, even the most veteran of pikemen are now useless due to their minimal attack. Before they could at least put up some sort of fight.

3. This is not a suggestion for 4.1, but rather for future building tire plans. What if the tech tree was more like Medieval 1? Building barracks would not give you access too sword AND spear units. But building a Spear Guild would let you train spearmen and building a Swordsmith would let you train swords etc. etc.

4. Make Dismounted Chivalric Knights trainable for France and Dismounted Gothic Knights trainable for HRE. A good building for this would be the second tier Jousting structure, seeing as these are exclusive units that should not be trained just by training barracks.

5. Rename all Dismounted units to something less cumbersome. Dismounted Feudal Knights becomes Feudal Foot Knights, and so forth. I can post a list of all the names I use in my version of the game later on.

6. Extend map northwards to prepare for the arrival of the Norwiegans and a Scandinavian theathre between Novgorod, Denmark and Norway. Add three or four new regions on the mainland, as well as making Gotland (the island) a seperate settlement.
    Last edited by EvilNed; July 17, 2007 at 01:30 PM.

I think that 4.1 should be mostly bug corrections, UAI 1.6 will still take a while.

At the moment SS 4.0 has some bugs that should solved as quickly as possible, my opinion is that most of the corrections should come in the 4.1 patch, being only bug corrections, perhaps the waiting time for the patch would not be that long and so, a significant amount of bugs is solved quickly.

UAI + RealCombat

Tercio Pikemen should be a unique unit of Castille and a bit better, as the moment the only benefit of Castille over Aragon are conquistadores which are only avalaible in America. I say a bit better because Spanish tercios were the best unit in late medieval and Reinassament. I will ask to make the spanish musketeers a bit also better as they were well renown, they could be called Tercio musketeers. It also will be cool if you can add the correct morion (helmet) to both units and conquistadores. See this work in progress of morions in other mod:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87243

I love the expanded map. This may be more related to personal preference but in 4.1 giving all characters an extra 30 movement points.

Would also love to see a King Kong-polished version of Zephrelial's eastern princesses mod

Thanks!!
    I bear witness that there is no God but Kong
    I bear witness that Selenius is the Moderator of Kong
    I bear witness that Stainless Steel is the ViceRegent of Kong
    I bear witness that there is no Kong but Kong

Link to the Holy Thread

The True Believers: T-Wester, gr33kp1mp777, Hounf of Culan, Blingerman, izanagi11, Quark, Scivian, y2day, Kbibs89, yelowdogg23, Naked Emperor, Mr. Cursed, Barser, Skooma Addict, The Noble Lord, The Englishman, Finsternis, Spamostoc

Wanted heretics: Anubis1

delra's Avatar Praepositus

- Add a strait on Crimea east of Caffa to make it easier for Kievians to move their armies around the place, especially from Rostov to Caffa.

Here you can see how close two pieces of land are to each other, there should be a strait there! It's much closer than many other straits that are already in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...blast_Krim.png

Here's the shot of current situation:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4049/toolongjr7.jpg
    Last edited by delra; July 17, 2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added wiki article

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES. I think it would add a unique factor to your game.

Create 7 unique buildings - called 7 wonders of the medieval world and allow to be built in various cities. They should have a long build time and initiate a script which deducts money from the player on for its duration (as I think there cost should be quite high). Once created give the faction a global happines / tax /piety bonus depending on building. This would also make capturing some cities more important.

I don't want to start a votes thread, but my suggestions would be:
    Hagia Sophia
    Mont St. Michel
    Sistine Chapel
    Strasbourg Cathedral
    The Alhambra, Granada

If I knew how to create image files for the game, I would have done this myself.

Another thought: (posted in last suggestions thread) If you study the history of the Norman Sicily kingdom you will find its far more orthodox culture than catholic, so would like to see this change. Should mix up Italy a bit.
    Very good idea.

small changes in the trait system and perhaps some more unic units like that everyfaction get 1 unic unit like venice has the venitian heavy only

Also i like the wonders idee

Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast